It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Jihadist " am I a traitor, That doesnt make sense?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This documentary got me thinking not that I'm fine with the Idea that dutch civilians who are becoming part of Jihad. But because he's participating a war that slowly seems to be forgotten. When I watched this video I started to think about the resistants fighters that lived in the days of world war II, that fought the Nazi oppression and to the Nazi's they were terrorist.

The journalist who tracked this guy who obviously got attention when some pictures were shown within the journalistic circles. The guy worn dutch military camouflage clothing and a dutch Barret, only the original insigne's was changed with other symbolic Arabian text.

It took the journalist eight months before he finally was ready to be interviewed. The guy who's name goes by Yilmaz and is from Turkish origin but from birth lived in The Netherlands did military service in Turkey and later on he Joined the dutch Army .He starts to tell his story and if your from the same country and hear him speak like he could be someone from next door gives some kind of interest what and why his movements were for enlisting such destructive mission to go on and fight Assad's army? And as his own words are "I couldn't longer watch thousands of innocent people die."

Some within my country are saying that he's a traitor for passing on the techniques he learned when he was within the dutch army.And thats also the headline of the video in dutch . I think if you look at the video who for 2/3 is in English you maybe understand what so intriguing about his story

Several times the journalist ask him if he has joined Al Qaida he to me sincerely declines that he has whatsoever bonds with Al Qaida or has joined forces with them. Also the question if and when he's returning to the Netherlands he would be a threat to the Netherlands, and it's civilians.. He firmly states that he wil not be any harm to anybody and he will probably die fighting Assad. He also says if the the Dutch Army would sent in military aid he would join them gladly to fight Assad.

I don't know what to think of this but I do somehow think he's honest and I thought I would like you to judge his story ? Are we looking at resistance fighters just like the days of worlwar II ?

I do think this war has to stop and I've also know that pictures of tortured people are circling on the Internet caused by Assad's army so this man is continually killing people today.

The video was not on the youtube yet but Ill provide the link below.

NOS News
The english starts at 1:59

Peace
edit on 0b47America/ChicagoMon, 27 Jan 2014 17:11:47 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 27 Jan 2014 17:11:47 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I think this guy is misguided or he is part of a propaganda effort. He also claims he is no member of Al Qaida but he did call them his "brothers".

I do think this war has to stop and I've also know that pictures of tortured people are circling on the Internet caused by Assad's army so this man is continually killing people today.

Allegedly. There is absolutely no proof that Assad is responsible for the victims in those pics, no matter how hard they are trying to convince us that he is.

edit on 27-1-2014 by ProdigalSonofa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sometimes, I think there is a sort of ' participation frenzy ' with people; ' I couldn't stand to see thousands of innocent people die ' ... so, I thought I would join in.

I am inventing ( if no one has yet ) a new word : Xenotreason. Not just traitor to Scandinavia, but to Humankind.

He will fall into a dusty crack in the pavers... feel free to mourn, somebody's gotta.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSonofa

Could be? but I thought he meant the Syrians his brothers? Strange he has Turkish background are there many Turkish fighting in Syria at the moment?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

He will fall into a dusty crack in the pavers... feel free to mourn, somebody's gotta.

I'm not mourning about this just trying to understand someone's motives and maybe this documentary has now justified and emblazoned to go and join that fight? that's all
edit on 0b55America/ChicagoMon, 27 Jan 2014 17:29:55 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 27 Jan 2014 17:29:55 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Sorry about the ' mourning '. No intent.

Only if he can understand it, can anybody else ( I say respectfully )- he seems a bit confused.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

I wonder how many will enlist this guy watching this video ? somehow they put him on a statue , Maybe it was a stupid idea of those journalists to put this video on?

But Ask yourself the question what would anyone do if it would happen to lets say some country within Europe or the US and you see thousands of people die , I think I would consider going and fight along side those civilians, Because they also did that sixtynine years ago for my country . Somehow I would feeling obligated to go in and fight..
edit on 0b56America/ChicagoMon, 27 Jan 2014 17:46:56 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 27 Jan 2014 17:46:56 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Journalists are IMO ( often ) the biggest Xenotraitors of them all.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm from the Netherlands and i saw the article about him not the interview. I think this guy is not a terrorist but a real "rebel" since he said if the dutch army comes in (which will never happen) that he will join them. But by going there he can never come back since he is now labeled a "threat" by the dutch government. I really don't care about this guy because he is fighting for a lost cause. I hope he digged his grave when he arrived because either Assad's troops kill him or the canibal barbarian jihadists aka taliban aka saudi arabia aka usa aka israel aka prince of darkness

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

watching that video , I think he's not seen anything of the front yet ? but has the task to train soldiers? But one day at the front , I dunno he probably realizes that he made a big mistake?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I don't mean to seem harsh towards the kid... I wouldn't torture him first, if I had to kill him.

Jihad is not unknown to my ancestors ( or, might I suggest- yours ), but- there's no easy to catch picts or angles running about... no illuminated priest's books to burn and recover the gold. Or is there some prize a descendant of Sea Kings could find in Syria?

Jihad theses days is too complicated. You do know that in ' 300 ' the Spartans are the Jihadists, and Persia was what we call ' the powers that be ' ? You know that ?

Stevenson

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Bazart

I don't mean to seem harsh towards the kid... I wouldn't torture him first, if I had to kill him.

Jihad is not unknown to my ancestors ( or, might I suggest- yours ), but- there's no easy to catch picts or angles running about... no illuminated priest's books to burn and recover the gold. Or is there some prize a descendant of Sea Kings could find in Syria?

Jihad theses days is too complicated. You do know that in ' 300 ' the Spartans are the Jihadists, and Persia was what we call ' the powers that be ' ? You know that ?

Stevenson

I'm sure Syria must have some left over hidden treasures. Maybe even stargates like in Iraq or was it Afghanistan?

No i didn't knew that from the movie. I can't wait for the next 300!
You're right. Everybody these days can be labeled a jihadist. I'm sure i would be labeled a jihadist (even though i'm not muslim) because i believe the government is the devil in the flesh.

All the muslims i know here in the netherlands are either students or working hard. And the other half is criminal and would rather die then to fight for their religion in a country they've never been 2. Yea i know that half is hypocritical calling themselves muslim but doing everything that the Quran forbids them

edit on 27-1-2014 by Annunak1 because: forgot something

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Half the people ( excuse, you said 1/2 muslims ) are great, the other half criminals. Doesn't say much for humanity, but- it seems a reasonable percentage. I'm from US, and you would not believe how many people we have in prison ( let's presume they are criminals ), and... as a guy who has NEVER been in legal trouble EVER- you would not believe how many people I know, who have been to prison. They must be criminals, right ?

But, whatever the %, we are accepting a sort of defeat. We should stop.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Bazart

Half the people ( excuse, you said 1/2 muslims ) are great, the other half criminals. Doesn't say much for humanity, but- it seems a reasonable percentage. I'm from US, and you would not believe how many people we have in prison ( let's presume they are criminals ), and... as a guy who has NEVER been in legal trouble EVER- you would not believe how many people I know, who have been to prison. They must be criminals, right ?

But, whatever the %, we are accepting a sort of defeat. We should stop.

What i said was confusing. I ment half the muslims i know. Not the whole population of muslims. Excuse me for that.

Not everybody in prison are criminals. Some are just labeled a criminal by the system. I've been locked up for 3 days when i was young but i got back on the right path.

I just read on the news that all people going to other countries to fight in a civil war or whatever they wa t to call it is gonna have their passports revoked.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
From my point of view people who follow propaganda created by Saudi Arabia for a gas line and a bigger salafist Sunni controlled region. It is true that both innocent Christians and Muslim have died but that happens when two opposing troops fight for control trying to win sympathy from the world around them.

When the outside forces and influence pushed an agenda in Syria this became an invasion not a rebellion.

www.globalresearch.ca...

The fact that Saudi Arabia influenced terrorist cells to attack Russia speak volume.

“I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics in the city of Sochi on the Black Sea next year,” said Bandar. “The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us.”

www.globalresearch.ca...

Saudi Arabia needs lebensraum and uses religion and racial hate to get what they need. History repeats itself.
edit on 28-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

join