It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all this wet stuff come from?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Amen to the above ^..thank the lord for rational thought etc etc.

When we study the earth it seems that most of the "stuff" on it is made up of "stuff" recycled from our local Star.

Although comets probably brought "some" water to earth, the Solar origin is much more compelling

Hydrogen is by far the most common element in our local Universe (75%) , the Sun is 75% Hydrogen, the Earth exists within the Solar Wind which is rich in Hyrdogen Isotopes...doesnt require a Genesis type event to explain water.

www.nature.com...
edit on 30-1-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

Well dude, you won't entertain discussion,

I think I've given this thread more than adequate attention.
I just know that I can lead a horse to water, but I can't
make him drink. And what am I supposed to entertain?
Something here maybe?

That's all fair and well, but the problem is with people still believing in acts of God, as described in the bible.. Science does realize, and approach, these issues, half the stuff in your post were arrived at using the sciences.

If there is a god who has ultimate control and has the ability to allow us miracles and disasters of biblical proportions, he's been on one hell of a holiday

@Randyvs (which I always read as Ran-devious )

What is the point of this thread?
I mean really. God created the earth in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 days and had a lekker leeker slaap on the 7th
and people believe this
the same people who ostracized and crippled (and still do, even thought they claim otherwise) the beliefs of others because they were vehemently certain that only they could be right.
The beautiful Nordic, Indian and other eastern religions/creation stories couldn't be right? The intriguing African and American stories couldn't be right?

It's astounding that the same individuals who utilize science everyday, won't trust the evidence, or lack thereof, for something such as 'the great deluge'.

I'm a nice guy, a happy guy, but Randyvs, I don't see how you're still on this site.
And not that they ultimately count for anything, really, but your lack of stars in this thread should be telling you something. And mods, if this is rude to randy I apologize, but the guy won't even entertain legitimate questions and topics of discussion from users in his own thread! I mean, come on! Is that not the point of ATS; opinions, postulates, debates, discussions? Can't just one-side an OP, breh.

Am I suppose to discuss what a nice guy you are? Read this back to yourself.
It's pathetic and undeserving. But because I'm not a nice guy, I answered you anyway.

So you still don't get it? It's not that I'm not willing to answer questions obviously.
And as I said in the OP, I have strong convictions and I write in total disregard
of peoples likes and stars and flags and tailwaggers. I don't just write to have
discussion. I try to create controversy. So what is it you aren't getting at this
point? Brah!

And using how many sentences?
edit on 30-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
How is this not a troll thread?

OP doesn't want discussion or debate, he just wants to dismiss any argument opposed to his own and wind people up at the same time.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Some of the posts in this thread are breathtaking in their stupidity.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

oxbow
Some of the posts in this thread are breathtaking in their stupidity.

Yip, most of them are by the OP. I'm genuinely surprised that this thread has received 9 flags. That's a good 5 more than I thought it would get

This whole thread just reads like every other religious nonsense thread on here. People respond with "you're clearly wrong - here's the evidence", but the OP simply sees that as an opportunity to be mysterious and attempt to talk in riddles; failing quite badly and looking, as they always do, likea foolish troll.

It's just really sad to think that someone would post this, immaturely reply to everyone with gibberish, yet you can totally tell that he's emotionally feeding off of the negativity. People like that live unrewarding, empty, and shallow lives.

Sad to see that threads like this are still allowed. Bring back the old ATS - down with this sort of thing

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm not getting this, but are you making the following statements?

When dismissing the biblical, and other accounts of a world wide flood, scientists offer a lack of both evidence, and sufficient quantities of water as proof that I did not happen.

At some point in the past, the earth had no water, and then it did.

If scientists can identify where the water that now exists came from, this must also be the source of the water that is referenced in those historical texts relating to world floods.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Please remove your shades it's rude.

Much better.

If the earth had to cool down from it's own natural formation. Then there was no water present after it finished cooling. No water, no life. and there you have my question. Where did all the water we see today come from? I do know what the scientific answer is.

In science we are still learning and adding new information as new data is discovered. According to your op and responses, it is clear you do not know current understanding regarding the origins of H2o.

It is understood that Interplanetary dust, from comets, asteroids, and debris from the formation of the solar system, continually rains down on Earth and other Solar System bodies. As we speak, our Star "The Sun" bombards these Interplanetary dust particles with hydrogen ions. This ion bombardment knocks the atoms out of order in the silicate mineral crystal and leaves behind oxygen that is more available to react with hydrogen, to create ( you guessed it) water molecules.

Implications of this work are potentially huge: Airless bodies in space such as asteroids and the Moon, with ubiquitous silicate minerals, are constantly being exposed to solar wind irradiation that can generate water. In fact, this mechanism of water formation would help explain remotely sensed data of the Moon, which discovered OH and preliminary water, and possibly explains the source of water ice in permanently shadowed regions of the Moon.

“Perhaps more exciting,” said Hope Ishii, Associate Researcher in HIGP and co-author of the study, “interplanetary dust, especially dust from primitive asteroids and comets, has long been known to carry organic carbon species that survive entering the Earth’s atmosphere, and we have now demonstrated that it also carries solar-wind-generated water. So we have shown for the first time that water and organics can be delivered together.”

This research is just one part of the puzzle, a puzzle that will eventually be solved.

Link

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've recently been reading quite a bit about the theory/facts noted above for the cosmic dust we're constantly and endlessly coming into contact with. University and other solid sources have been talking a great deal in the past month about establishing water in current atmospheric samples ... not ancient past theory, coming from extraterrestrial dust.

Just to give everyone a warm and fuzzy thought to go to bed with? I did some real looking into this a couple nights ago, in fact, as the 'Doh!' moment struck me..Earth is nothing like a 'closed' system, as it's so easy to presume.

Anyway... it takes Earth 250 million years..give or take, to make a full orbit of the Galaxy and whatever is at the center of it. (a lot of exciting stuff there lately too, but I digress)..

The thing that is most relevant and ought to really give happy thoughts is that over that 250 million years, and given different speeds of things in the Galaxy, our Solar System is moving through the "arms" as it's going above and below the denser plane region in a regular gyration. Cycles in at least 3 distinct ways, interacting ....and going by most 'best guess' renditions of "You Are Here!" maps of the Milky Way right now? We're either on the edge of an arm, or right on/into the edge of a 'spur' or short (in space terms) stretch of denser space.

If that dust can become denser as well as other things that give those arms distinct mass overall from interstellar space? Well, just what DOES a "Space Rain Storm" look like? It seems, based on recent discoveries, that very event may at least be possible from the past ..and future?

Gotta love the topics that come up on ATS.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

How's this?

See, I do have a reason for the shades.

And thank you for your patient and informed reply.

edit on 6-2-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You're welcome.

My style can be a bit abrasive, but it's all in good fun.

I see the music you post, makes me think your about my age, so I know you will understand.
I will leave you with this.

From the universe fusion comes forth from a galaxy, light forged from a star are the children born of the sun..
Take hold of the flame.

Stay hungry my friend..
edit on fTuesday144327f435707 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I don't mind abrasive. It sharpens the finest steel.
And there is no fan of music who doesn't love Queensryche.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

What he is trying to say is the combination of Hydrogen and 2 Oxygen (which could have been two gases on the Earth as it was cooling) is what caused the water to relatively "appear". The water wasn't just "there" as you are saying, the mixing of the elements caused it to be formed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join