It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all this wet stuff come from?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSonofa

Alright, now I can see you weren't just pulling my chain.
However I can't quite apologize for the misunderstanding
even tho I do find myself at some fault.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

ProdigalSonofa
reply to post by randyvs

Then I would at least understand your exact point.

I don't agree though.

But I think such processes are hard to imagine for us because they happen on such a big scale and in such a large timeframe.

But lets say god created Earth. Where did he get the water from, or the earth and rocks and how did they get here. He just snapped his fingers?

And that would make perfect sense to you as opposed to a natural process based on the laws of physics?

I don't believe that either. Let me explain?

I do believe science is a description of the mechanics God uses.
That's where the link I provided comes in.
edit on 28-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

From your link,

The cloud is so big that scientists estimate it holds 140 trillion times the mass of water in the Earth's oceans, and is approximately 10 billion light years away.

Then how did the water travel 10 billion lightyears to Earth?

Look I'm sorry I insulted you but I found your attitude towards people responding with criticism equally as insulting.
edit on 28-1-2014 by ProdigalSonofa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Look I'm sorry I insulted you but I found your attitude towards people responding with criticism equally as insulting.

As I said I find myself just as much at fault. I am callus. So lets exchange i'm sorrys and be done with it.

Yes that particular water is light years away. Does that mean NASA has found them all, or that there isn't
one in the vicinity, proximity of earth?

I'm asking.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I would think that if they found one 10 billion ly's away they would be aware of ones closer by. Even if there was such a cloud closer by it still wouldn't explain how the water got here, especially since we are talking about water trapped in the gravity of a black hole if I remember correctly.
edit on 28-1-2014 by ProdigalSonofa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Yes you do remember.
But, here's where our differences may come into play.
I'm seeing a space reservoir of huge proportions in space.
Documented. So I'm automatically seeing another source possible,
again possible, for all the water on earth. And making a world
wide flood that came later, also possible and all that has to happen,
is for the earth to pass thru one such reservoir.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

randyvs
So I was pondering this a bit today. And it suddenly occured to me.
If the earth had to cool down from it's own natural formation. Then
there was no water present after it finished cooling.

Heat doesn't make water stop obeying the law of gravity, it simply makes water convert to vapor. For the formation of the earth to have eliminated any water that was in the original composition of Earth, if the temperature were to reach 2726 Celcius, water would break down into hydrogen and oxygen. When the temperature went back down, the molecules could reform (presumably in a huge ball of fire). If you ramped the temperature all the way up to 10,000,000 kelvin the hydrogen would fuse and there would be no rebuilding the water molecules, but that never happened on Earth.

Considering how many asteroids are ice, there obviously was water here when the earth formed. Some of it that made it to the atmosphere would presumably be lost before the establishment of a magnetic field, but a lot of it would be trapped within magma and would be released during eruptions as the earth cooled.

And there would still be ample time to gain even more water from asteroids. You realize that Ceres alone probably has more water than all of Earth right, and there's 3 times that much mass in the asteroid belt now (nevermind how much Jupiter has eaten over the millenia).

So where did all of that water come from? Was it in the area and we got some of it (pretty much the story with all of the water i've ever encountered) or is the original acquistion of water a special case wherein an invisible man made it out of nowhere and used it to drown his children who he loves very much?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

So where did all of that water come from? Was it in the area and we got some of it (pretty much the story with all of the water i've ever encountered) or is the original acquistion of water a special case wherein an invisible man made it out of nowhere and used it to drown his children who he loves very much?

Well you're right that I am trying to find a source for a world wide flood.
If that's the question you're asking and if you're asking one at all.
Are you?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

randyvs

Well you're right that I am trying to find a source for a world wide flood.

Instead of trying to "find a source" of a global flood, try looking for the evidence that there was a global flood in the first place. (spoiler alert) there is none.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

justreleased
reply to post by randyvs

No.

When hydrogen burns it creates water.

Simple science.

It needs oxygen to combust (burn)

Perhaps on its travels around the galaxy, the earth went through a region of space that had water ice in large amounts, which then melted when it hit the not very cool earth? (I hope this has not already been posted)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That's all fair and well, but the problem is with people still believing in acts of God, as described in the bible.. Science does realize, and approach, these issues, half the stuff in your post were arrived at using the sciences.

If there is a god who has ultimate control and has the ability to allow us miracles and disasters of biblical proportions, he's been on one hell of a holiday

@Randyvs (which I always read as Ran-devious
)

What is the point of this thread?
I mean really. God created the earth in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 days and had a lekker leeker slaap on the 7th
and people believe this
the same people who ostracized and crippled (and still do, even thought they claim otherwise) the beliefs of others because they were vehemently certain that only they could be right.
The beautiful Nordic, Indian and other eastern religions/creation stories couldn't be right? The intriguing African and American stories couldn't be right?

It's astounding that the same individuals who utilize science everyday, won't trust the evidence, or lack thereof, for something such as 'the great deluge'.

I'm a nice guy, a happy guy, but Randyvs, I don't see how you're still on this site.
And not that they ultimately count for anything, really, but your lack of stars in this thread should be telling you something. And mods, if this is rude to randy I apologize, but the guy won't even entertain legitimate questions and topics of discussion from users in his own thread! I mean, come on! Is that not the point of ATS; opinions, postulates, debates, discussions? Can't just one-side an OP, breh.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy!!!

Cool thread as always! S&F

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

if this is rude to randy I apologize, but the guy won't even entertain legitimate questions and topics of discussion from users in his own thread! I mean, come on! Is that not the point of ATS; opinions, postulates, debates, discussions? Can't just one-side an OP, breh.

So you still don't get it? It's not that I'm not willing to answer questions obviously.
And as I said in the OP, I have strong convictions and I write in total disregard
of peoples likes and stars and flags and tailwaggers. I don't just write to have
discussion. I try to create controversy. So what is it you aren't getting at this
point? Brah!
edit on 29-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

randyvs
Science postulates that when the earth was magically forming, billions upon
quadzillions of years ago(sarcasm).

Which automatically informs us that you are not here to learn or seek the truth. Because people seeking the truth, learn about the other side instead of ritualistically staying to their own subject. No one can take you seriously when you start off with magically and and quadzillions. Especially when you are trying to push creationism. The answer is 4.5 billion years, btw.

The planet was very hot and then slowly
began to cool.

That is the kindergarten version of it.

Scientists point to a lack of evidence and water available on
earth, in regards to the hundreds of ancient accounts, from diverse cultures
around the world, of an ancient deluge. A world wide flood, that wiped a previous
world, from the face of the planet and left few survivors. This is the Biblical account.
science scoffs at and says is just a myth. I often wonder why and can only
believe, it's because scientists have this big unwarranted, problem with the
Bible.

Scientists deal with facts. You obviously have a problem with science, not the other way around.

Actually, science believes that the tale happens on a much smaller scale. When you are living several millenia ago, your world isn't very big. So the river flooding can be the whole world to you.

At this time - about 7,500 years ago - the global climate was still rapidly warming following the last Ice Age, causing the seas to rise. Ryan and Pitman hypothesize that, when sea levels rose beyond a critical point, the Mediterranean Sea overflowed, deluging the Black Sea basin with salty water and destroying the fertile plains around the once-shallow freshwater lake.

link

So as you may have guessed, I have big problem with that. And believe me, I
would still have a problem with it, despite my personal beliefs. I absolutely
know in my gut, science is wrong, to even think of these accounts, especially
the account in Genesis, as myths. I believe a ton of history is discounted in
our time as myth. And I'm not shy in my convictions.

Without any research or considerable proof as to why, you are really saying you don't want to believe science because of your religious convictions. Just because is not an answer.

So I was pondering this a bit today. And it suddenly occured to me.
If the earth had to cool down from it's own natural formation. Then
there was no water present after it finished cooling. No water, no life.
and there you have my question. Where did all the water we see today
come from? I do know what the scientific answer is. And forgive me, I
find it no more believable then anything, in the Bible. And that's just
from a very down to earth view. Pun intended.

If you know the scientific answer, then what is the point of the thread and what is it?

And even if science did ever find out where all the wet stuff came from.
How would they not be finding the source, of a world wide flood at the
same time?

The answer is asteroids and comets.

You see, the Earth is a dry planet, despite popular belief. ONly 1% of Earth's composition is water. It is not that deep. The fact of why is the Earth so dry is a mystery to some scientists.

Fact is, a world wide flood is impossible. And any fool who has taken geology 101 can see that there is no evidence of a wwf.

There would still be evidence.....EVERYWHERE. But there is zero.

The bigger question here is why you have this pervasive need to find these myths to be true.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The question was whether you're claiming that the invisible man created the water out of nowhere or whether you can concede that it got here in some naturally explainable way, and if it did get here naturally, where do an invisible man and a global flood that left no evidence of itself come into play at all.

And since were on the biblical flood as an alternative to science, do you believe that at some point in the last few thousand years that the global population was reduced to just Noah's family on Mount Ararat?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

randyvs

What if I just say then, that I don't believe comet strikes and cooling
gases are enough to account for all the wet stuff?

Why not??

Would you be with
me to that point? Would you then be able to see where the link I provided
ties in? What if water in space such as that which is in the link. Why couyldn't
it possibly be the source, for the initial water that was on the earth. And then later
the flood as well?

No, because that water is 12 billion light years away. Do you have any idea how far away that is?

So you DON'T believe that local comets and asteroids brought water, but a quasar that is 12 billion light years away, did.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Not to mention how much water is probably in between here and there.

ONE light year is the equivalent of 5,878,000,000,000 miles.
Now multiply that by 12 billion.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Which automatically informs us that you are not here to learn or seek the truth. Because people seeking the truth, learn about the other side instead of ritualistically staying to their own subject. No one can take you seriously when you start off with magically and and quadzillions. Especially when you are trying to push creationism. The answer is 4.5 billion years, btw.

Did I not just speak to this comment in the above post?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have a question for you, I am completely serious about this.

Lets say that God created the universe, the scientific way.

That means billions of years ago, this massive universe exploded, creating billions of galaxies with literally countless stars. In one of those galaxies in an infinite universe, the solar system was like a massive, chaotic hell of a pool table with hundreds of planetoids bouncing off each other, until there are only a handful that survived, each one different. Then on this one little, itty, bitty ball of rock, god points a finger and says: your it.

Yet we are egotistical enough to think that a god who creates a universe so vast and large that our little brains can't even comprehend it, literally, but has time to listen to our prayers every day.

why?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

And since were on the biblical flood as an alternative to science, do you believe that at some point in the last few thousand years that the global population was reduced to just Noah's family on Mount Ararat?

As I said in a previous post I believe science is merely a
description of the mechanics God uses in his creation.
I'm convinced that if the Bible says there was a world
wide flood then there was a wwf. And we should be able
to find the mechanics that make that possible.
edit on 29-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

why?

Because he did it all for us in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join