It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden tells German TV that NSA is involved in industrial espionage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Even more information today on NSA snooping, this time in the mainstream,

www.theguardian.com...

Smartphones accessed by apps like 'AngryBirds' and for those that say NSA is not into the mundane stuff, then they are wrong.
They will even process your sexual orientation, or anything personel and distribute the information across the network, same goes for what I was saying about vehicles and tracking. Here's a top secret advisory example for NSA, 'Students'

Marvelousy is it not?

edit on 28-1-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Industrial espionage goes on in almost every company you can think of in varying degrees and levels. And it's getting easier and easier to pull off the espionage thanks to the cheap Chinese electronics like watches or pens with cameras and voice recording functionality. (Gets past the "no cellphone camera" policies.)

The NSA wants to be at the top of the game. It's only natural that they'd employ such tactics. I imagine that anything and everything they can get their hands into, they have.

Siemens is working on a lot of tech, most of us probably know of their cellular phones or washing machines. But they also do a lot of work in sensor, automation and various internet technologies. So there's a lot the NSA (and other parties) would be interested in.

The fact that the NSA employs tactics like industrial espionage goes to show you their mindset which is quite alarming.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

crazyewok
Its funny the founding farthers you yanks so love and admire rebelled over tyranny that was far less

Its funny the US reproved Germany twice in our history for upholing surveillance states and are now doing exactly the same themselves, with a surveillance apparatus many times over what the Gestapo or the Stasi ever were.
edit on 28-1-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I posted the interview with Snowden in my thread here.
(I couldn't find yours at the time although I did a search.)

English Transcript

Original video on ndr.de

Apparently it is geolocked and "not available for view in the US". ( Yeeeey, freedom!
)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

And so they should be.

The NSA has a job to protect US citizens from threats from wherever they might be. And believe it or not most of the dangerous tech that is developed is done so by private companies NOT governments. Later they are sold to the highest bidder or government.

I for one am happy that they invade the privacy of companies....after all, these companies rip us off daily, spy on us citizens and do all the things the NSA does to them.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I tell ya OP what the American people will do about this.....NOTHING. This story just like all the rest will vanish like a fart in the winds of apathy.

If you are reading this ask yourself an honest question how many similar stories have come and gone in the last year. PTB have figured out nothing will come of even the worst scandal so they might as well use these stories to desensitize people day by day week by week until nothing will cause unrest.

They are scary smart. The very news we bellyache over is in fact chains of control. And with every story that does not cause a problem they become heavier.
edit on 29-1-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

ColCurious

I posted the interview with Snowden in my thread here.
(I couldn't find yours at the time although I did a search.)

English Transcript

Original video on ndr.de

Apparently it is geolocked and "not available for view in the US". ( Yeeeey, freedom!
)

It doesn't work in the UK either, it seems it's blocked everywhere except Germany.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I found this,

View it for as long as it may last,

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

projectbane

And so they should be.

The NSA has a job to protect US citizens from threats from wherever they might be. And believe it or not most of the dangerous tech that is developed is done so by private companies NOT governments. Later they are sold to the highest bidder or government.

I for one am happy that they invade the privacy of companies....after all, these companies rip us off daily, spy on us citizens and do all the things the NSA does to them.

Then you deserve what is coming.....

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Cia the average Joe wont care because he doesn't own a company.

That's what so sad about your comment....you don't see or care how this is going to affect you personally, but the threat is very real.

What do you think would have happened to the genius of Tesla, Ford, Einstein, Jobs, Gates or even the founders of Google if the (or any) government had the capacity to steal or sabotage their inventions, ingenuity, or projects and give it to a competitor or use it to push their own agenda forward before these men established success? All of them came from NOTHING. They built success with their own hard work and brilliant minds.

Yes, you may not own a company RIGHT NOW....but allowing these abuses to stand means that neither will your children or future generations ever have the capacity to do so either without the blessing of the government. If that's what you want....well, I hope you vote "correctly."

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

CIAGypsy

projectbane

And so they should be.

Then you deserve what is coming.....

Absolutely.
And when they discover its not coming for someone else, but THEM too... well then they will cry for someone to save them from what they have LITERALLY begged for and set in motion. They degrade those who are in a position to save them because they wont do it on their timeline and hold their hand. You can not save fools from themselves. Unfortunately when you have a large percentage of a country that is truly a ship of fools.. everyone goes down with them. I say let them drown.. and the rest swin for surface when its time.

I saw a man declare himself dictator last night and those who represent us cheered it. I also see this same man shaking in his boots concerning certain things the NSA has, can and will do. Sometimes you have to search for who your enemy really is.. and who its not. IMO of course.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You get it....why can't the others?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There is a mildy funny side to all this, the NSA found fit to name 'action trays' (for want of a better name) after the fecking 'Smurfs' ...cheeky buggers, I suppose I'm 'Paranoid Smurf'

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

CIAGypsy
reply to post by Advantage

You get it....why can't the others?

**shrug**
Dunno, my evil rotten friend. I guess its easier to live in fantasy land because the reality of things is pretty harsh.... 'specially when theyre used to not taking responsibility for anything because they cant think past their nose. We have an epidemic here in the US. Its called "Baby Bird Syndrome". People cant accept anything unless its chewed up and spit in their mouth... everything they learn has to be predigested for them by the news, talking heads, commentary, etc. That or old fashioned laziness. They think that gives them the excuse to cry plausible deniability when the poop overflows... nope, it wont. Speaking of plausible deniability... Obama has sure said some VERY interesting things lately.

BUT.. Ill bet you 5 bucks there are plenty who get it on here and elsewhere.. they just arent posting

edit on 29-1-2014 by Advantage because: alzheimers...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
life becomes art becomes life...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My favorites quotes from this interview:
"Contracting culture of the nat'l security community... [is] a situation where govt policies are being influenced by private corporations who have interests that are completely divorced from the public good..."
and
"I think it is clear there are times when what is lawful is distinct from what is rightful."

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This is news? What do you think the intelligence services of France, Great Britain, Russia and China have been doing for the last 100 years?
France got busted for industrial espionage right here in the good old USA. Why is this a surprise? The fake outrage is amusing. I'm sure it will create a nice distraction for the corrupt euro autocrats.

www.france24.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I want justice but I don't seek it for humanity, I seek it to find the path to self enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

I want justice but I don't seek it for humanity, I seek it to find the path to self enlightenment.

You will need considerable luck with enlightenment, if your path depends on Justice, I'm afraid. Sorry.
Snowden is old news and some sort of agent still, IMO.

I think you're already enlightened ( judging by some observations here on ATS )- so, where is the requisite Justice that got you there... so I can climb on board ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join