It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden tells German TV that NSA is involved in industrial espionage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The National Security Agency is involved in industrial espionage and will take intelligence regardless of its value to national security, the former NSA contractor Edward Snowden has told a German television network.

In a lengthy interview broadcast on the public broadcaster ARD TV on Sunday, Snowden said the NSA did not limit its espionage to issues of national security and cited the German engineering firm Siemens as one target.

Edward Snowden tells German TV that NSA is involved in industrial espionage

Well, it's about time this came out..... Read this post from October

The real question is what are the American people going to do about it??? Are you going to demand answers? Or are you going to push it from your mind and flip on Big Bang, Real Housewives, or whatever else you turn on to pretend your government is not out-of-control?

This was really a rhetorical question.... I already know the answer.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Sorry I was watching tv when you asked the question.....What do you want to know again?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

CIAGypsy

The National Security Agency is involved in industrial espionage and will take intelligence regardless of its value to national security, the former NSA contractor Edward Snowden has told a German television network.

The real question is what are the American people going to do about it??? Are you going to demand answers? Or are you going to push it from your mind and flip on Big Bang, Real Housewives, or whatever else you turn on to pretend your government is not out-of-control?

It's not going to be just Americans, here in the UK people are saying enough is enough. And since you mention Siemens, that is a big company and within that, they manufacture all kinds of stuff for motor vehicles, a lot of which is computer controlled. So, they could still have counter intelligence in mind too.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This was on my local news station today, this espionage did make me wonder about the validity.

So lets say I have the biggest and best spy program in the world, and say I use about 20% of this power on espionage... America should be booming, top dog ya know...

If I knew prior what big deals where going down, new trends, new well anything, you would expect America would be going strong economically.. And that isn't the case clearly.

Or do they even manage to screw up with prior knowledge?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

smurfy

It's not going to be just Americans, here in the UK people are saying enough is enough. And since you mention Siemens, that is a big company and within that, they manufacture all kinds of stuff for motor vehicles, a lot of which is computer controlled. So, they could still have counter intelligence in mind too.

Informed response....because I can tell you for certain that the US is not alone in this type of surveillance. Every modernized country does the same thing - Britain, France, Germany, China, and more....

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Who said they were selling espionage for money? Not I, said the mouse....

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

CIAGypsy

I don't understand the reference to "mouse" but, why else would they spy if they aren't planning on using it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

MessageforAll

CIAGypsy

I don't understand the reference to "mouse" but, why else would they spy if they aren't planning on using it.

Forget the reference...not important.

And they are using it....don't get me wrong. They just aren't [always] using it for money. There are other forms of "capital" that are much more valuable than money.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Interesting that Snowden mentions industrial espionage on Siemens, of all companies.

Remember Stuxnet, the highly elobarate virus that was intended to mess with Irans nuclear program?
Everybody in the industry said it must be produced by some real pro's with a huge budget.

It infected using ......drumroll..... Siemens industrial control units which are used in nuclear programs.

Hint, hint! Who would have the information how these control units work except from Siemens, and somebody spying on
Siemens?

In the same interview Snowden said he believes US gov forces want to kill him. So he is trying to get the message out.
But you have to read between the lines.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Its must be pretty obvious that the CORPORATIONS and CONTRACTORS' who develope this insidious spy ware
as well as NSA are privy to the data........
The industrial espionage ,political blackmail, and other forms of using the data are ALL on the AGENDA
The US Government is up to its eyeballs in bed with the corporate giants that are calling the tune................
Military Industrial Complex......means just that ....a Nazi kind of government answerable to no one.

link   

CIAGypsy

No you definitely didn't:

CIAGypsy
reply to post by boncho

This is the most ridiculous piece of assumptive bull shizzle I have seen in a while. "Billionaires" do NOT back the NSA.... Especially globally.

The only reason Gates is making these comments is because he has allowed the NSA certain liberties within Microsoft and now that the cat is out of the bag, he has a PR problem. Nothing , nothing less.

From my thread, Corporate billionaires defend NSA.

I didn't make any definitive statements, but you seem to think collusion between business and the spying program is unfounded, even in your own threads when it's being reported from Snowden.

If it isn't for controlling markets, what the hell is industrial espionage for?

link   

I strongly believe at this point : NSA works for the globalists ( not the US ), and they are much more likely to ' sell ' your Tucson-based high tech startup's patent to Siemens... than the other way around.

Snowden is selling 25-30 year old tech and ( so far ) nothing else. It's like swearing you saw a ' triangular craft ' in Nevada, the week before the stealth fighter was outed. If you are a worrier, bear in mind that current tech is probably horrifying. Snowden's news is old news, IMO.

Been playing word games lately, apologies. Obama/Osama. Putin/Rasputin. Snowden/Snowjob.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If I knew prior what big deals where going down, new trends, new well anything, you would expect America would be going strong economically.. And that isn't the case clearly.

There's this problem of "going strong economically". What does that even mean? Every time pundits claimed America was doing oh so well there was a bubble burst months or years later and everything goes to hell.

China is currently exploding with massive credit deals and 20% return investments. Which isn't sustainable, which creates debt. And with the injection of central banks into resource rich countries that have recently had their governments overthrown, the same could happen to all of them.

You have to consider the long play. This isn't just a hand of cards, it's a tournament.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And I'll just "rhetorically" crank up my mechanized infantry division that I keep in the basement and begin the march on Washington.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I watched the interview with German TV, the more I hear Snowden speaking it is beginning to sound as though he is desperately seeking any audience he can find that will either sympathize or empathize with his yellow bellied act, going to to any other country that has been targeted by the 3 letter agency recently , then saying yeah my life has been threatened seriously and since Russia has come out in recent days saying it will protect him in so many words for some renewed period it breathed more life into his two faced approach.

It seems a bit suspicious that after this new pledge from Russia, he does such an interview after the revelations that the NSA spied on Angela Merkel .

I am not sure of what to think of this except it is a psyop operation against the U.S. government waged by someone that broke the law and is either being backed by one of America's enemies or is too naive to see the history of the Russians, their brutal KGB apparatus and understand what the world of espionage is really about .

I suspect there are factions on both sides in some cipher locked heavily guarded room that are laughing at his amateur bufoonery and taking bets on when he will come up missing.

On the other note, the American people have known about this for a very long time and suspected this sort of thing, most saavy individuals know it, but they also know that more than likely nothing is going to happen and it will be business as usual, the 3 letter agencies serve the industrial complex and their covert operations and the NWO, Snowden actually played himself, nothing is going to stop the show at this point, that is the reality.

edit on 27-1-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

stirling
Its must be pretty obvious that the CORPORATIONS and CONTRACTORS' who develope this insidious spy ware
as well as NSA are privy to the data........
The industrial espionage ,political blackmail, and other forms of using the data are ALL on the AGENDA
The US Government is up to its eyeballs in bed with the corporate giants that are calling the tune................
Military Industrial Complex......means just that ....a Nazi kind of government answerable to no one.
You hit the nail on the head my friend ! you ever hear Obama use the word "homeland" ALOT in his speaches too ,that phrase hasnt been used to often in government since the reign of Hitler.not to mention all the nazis who where moved over to the U.S. via project paper clip and we all know about the german scientists who worked on the rockets at NASA and # so i wouldnt put it past them, they are just doing it in a more stealthy way this time round, perhaps they are already using certain weapons or tactics now , that they would have deployed then that just didnt get used because they were not quiet perfected yet untill now? (harrp,flouride in water ,chemtrails,or something even moe technologically advanced that we couldnt even fathom)
edit on 27-1-2014 by nonconformist because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2014 by nonconformist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I actually had the pleasure to serve in a mechanized infantry division my friend, 4th id, I doubt you have anything close in your basement lOL.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

svetlana84
Interesting that Snowden mentions industrial espionage on Siemens, of all companies.

Remember Stuxnet, the highly elobarate virus that was intended to mess with Irans nuclear program?
Everybody in the industry said it must be produced by some real pro's with a huge budget.

It infected using ......drumroll..... Siemens industrial control units which are used in nuclear programs.

Hint, hint! Who would have the information how these control units work except from Siemens, and somebody spying on
Siemens?

Yep.

www.theverge.com...

While officials reportedly told the Times that the devices are mainly intended for defense, their first big test was as part of an attack. According to the publication, the bugs were first used to map out the inner workings of the Natanz uranium enrichment plant in Iran, setting up for the Stuxnet computer worm that eventually sabotaged the facility's centrifuges and crippled Iran's nuclear program. The Times writes that it knew about the technology when it reported on Stuxnet in the summer of 2012, but withheld details at the request of US intelligence officials.

And why does Iran have sanctions? Why is it pushing for nuclear power. Not because its human rights abuses, nor its nuclear intentions. But because of who its allied with.

There are plenty of examples of west supporting dictatorships so long as they are business friendly to US companies. Israel also has nukes in that region, (at least widely believed to)…

www.theguardian.com...

I am not making judgements on any of this, merely postulating that the official version of events doesn't make sense, never has…

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

boncho

From my thread,

I didn't make any definitive statements, but you seem to think collusion between business and the spying program is unfounded, even in your own threads when it's being reported from Snowden.

If it isn't for controlling markets, what the hell is industrial espionage for?

And I stand by what I said... There isn't collusion between the global billionaires and the spy program. Do you honestly think the global billionaires TRUST the NSA or the US Government? Hells no, they don't... But those within the US...such as Microsoft....have found their compliance hamstringed through other measures (i.e. lucrative contracts) which has created a Public Relations problem. They have found themselves in a position where they must now DEFEND the spy program.

The US Govt is like a cheating spouse. If they cheat WITH YOU, then they will cheat ON YOU. If you don't think that multi-national corporations don't know that, then you are living a pipe dream.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We're all too fat and lazy to revolutionize.
Personally, I'm not surprised by this "revelation".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join