It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witchcraft at the Grammys

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Just maybe it's a shout out to one of the most popular shows on TV right now, American Horror Story: Coven. And if some Christian got offended and walked out then they're ignorant. Wicca is a pagan, nature loving religion that involves witchcraft. There is nothing satanic about it. At all.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sevnuvnine

What gave you the impression that the performance had anything to do with wicca, specifically?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

Art is art. This was a performance by artists and themes that are involved in art need to cover a wide range of social culture so you are bound to see some cool spooky nods towards the occult at some point.

But, all that aside, so what?! Let's say that they were all practicing witches on that stage and they had a circle casting as part of a performance. What's to freakin' hide? Is it illegal to not be a part of your cult? I see Christian stuff all the time in the media and I don't act shocked and say "OMG! Those Christians aren't even trying to hide it anymore!"

Seriously, if you think certain spiritual and religious paths need to be "hidden", I think you would be more comfortable living in a Shariah law culture.

This is America in the modern age. I'll be damned if I ever catch myself telling somebody to hide their path and I'll be damned if I let myself be forced to hide mine. I'm not the type of witch who flaunts a pentagram around my neck or strap my athame to my belt but threads like this make me rethink that.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

well, witch craft maybe? Because that's the religion that I'm familiar that practices it. Do you not know anything about Wicca?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Sevnuvnine

well, witch craft maybe? Because that's the religion that I'm familiar that practices it. Do you not know anything about Wicca?

I know plenty about wicca. "Witchcraft" is not limited to wicca, nor is the occult. Both are far older than the wiccan religion.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
then why would you ask me about the Wicca reference? I'm sure it should have been obvious to one as astute as you.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sevnuvnine
then why would you ask me about the Wicca reference? I'm sure it should have been obvious to one as astute as you.

Because you are the one that brought it up and made the connection? The OP never said anything about the performance being wiccan, simply that their friend (who is pagan) found the performance disturbing. That is why I asked for clarification from you.
edit on 27-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: Changed "wiccan" to "pagan" as OP didn't even specify

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Sevnuvnine
Just maybe it's a shout out to one of the most popular shows on TV right now, American Horror Story: Coven. And if some Christian got offended and walked out then they're ignorant. Wicca is a pagan, nature loving religion that involves witchcraft. There is nothing satanic about it. At all.

The reason why people are saying witchcraft is because Perry said she once sold her soul to the devil. And after listening to her is there any other logical way that she could gain fame on such limited talent?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No, the op never referenced the friend until much later, after leaving the impression that the performance was somehow "wrong". My problem with this all is the misconception by most that any and all witchcraft is satanic or evil in origin. People's ignorance on this subject make Wiccans everywhere look bad. I know this personally because I have to deal with the idiotic questions and statements made by people that don't know what they're talking about. That is where my Wicca reference stemmed from.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The word Grammy is derived from gramophone, which meant grammar phone. The word grammar comes from the word grimoire. A grimoire /ɡrɪmˈwɑr/ is a textbook of magic. Such books typically include instructions on how to create magical objects like talismans and amulets, how to perform magical spells, charms and divination and also how to summon or invoke supernatural entities such as angels, spirits, and demons. In many cases, the books themselves are also believed to be imbued with magical powers, though in many cultures, other sacred texts that are not grimoires, such as the Bible, have also been believed to have supernatural properties intrinsically; in this manner while all books on magic could be thought of as grimoires, not all magical books could. Speaking and writing is how you cast spells. Hence spelling and writing in cursive or cursing. As I speak, I create. Abra Kahdabra.

It is also were we get the word glamor. Glamour originally was a term applied to a magical-occult spell that was cast on somebody to make them see something the spell-caster wished them to see, when in fact it was not what it seemed to be. In the late 19th century terminology, a non-magical item used to help create a more attractive appearance gradually became known as 'a glamour'. Today, glamour is the impression of attraction or fascination that a particularly luxurious or elegant appearance creates, an impression which is better than the reality. Typically, a person, event, location, technology, or product such as a piece of clothing can be glamorous or add glamour.

The Grammy's have always been a ritual used to cast a spell over their audience using the power of glamor and the word. They use occult symbolism knowing the human attraction to mystery. Ritual and any connection to the world of mystery and spirit are void in our culture. They take advantage of this by offering up this Theater of Stars for us to worship and feel initiated into something unknown yet powerful. In return we buy their music, emulate them, and keep ourselves under their hypnotic spell by the repetition of singing their simple lyrics over and over as we here the same songs over and over everywhere we go.

Is it evil (no) yet you are the fool who allows them to manipulate you year after year. Do you not think these media moguls aren't going to invest their money into studying psychology, marketing and the arts or "Craft" of manipulation and persuasion. To keep themselves in monied positions of power. Why would rich people ever want to do that. Noooo never their American, we're a democratic republic. They would gladly move out the way and allow others to seize the reigns. LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

raedar

The Illuminati are the 13 historic and inbred bloodlines that are the supposed "shadow government". They are the ones that have secret meetings (such as the Bilderberg group) and decide the fate of the world. Evidence suggests they are a satanic organization. I've researched it on my own, and I am personally convinced they are working for some dark force. I've become very selective about what I will watch/read when it comes to the mainstream media.
edit on 27-1-2014 by raedar because: This response was intended for the OP, I quoted the wrong one. Derp.

great summary:short concise and with out hyperbole.
well said!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I honestly don't think they are creative or talented enough to come up with anything that could be a real conspiracy. They do stuff they think people with think looks cool and get ratings.
Truly creative bands that may have ulterior motive are far and few between. At least in the mainstream.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
They use these idiot celebrities to act out the occult but the idea is the true occultist's draw power from the event. It is not what is scene it is the unseen nature of the event that is the evil. Simply by watching you are helping them as you adding power to the occultist whether you know it our not.

That's how it was explained to me & i tend to believe. But they do this crap for a lot events like the London Olympics there was Illuminati symbols all over the place.

Didn't Kesha say that she has sex with demonic spirits and her private parts are possessed - i mean they are idiots but they are useful idiots being used by unseen forces for god knows what. Those are the people who i have a problem with - but they stay well hidden in the shadows.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If this was a Satanic ceremony, I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in Satan's work of late. Calling up demons and other such practices used to bring us stuff like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and some say even Tool (among many others).

Now we get Katy Perry? Did Satan sober up or what? This stuff sucks.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ridiculous claims based on no proof whatsoever. Looks like you're just overreacting to an over-the-top performance of a mediocre pop song. A more rational explanation would be that she's probably doing this to gain attention, which isn't a new phenomenon by any means. A lot of undersevingly famous performers/"artists" do this type of thing.
edit on 28-1-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what is meant by members by the generic term "occult." What do you visualize? Basically anything non-Christian? So, any organized group that has ever used fire and circles in their practices? Hindus? Zoroastrians? Hermeticists? Kabalists? Alchemists?

Same with "witchcraft." What variety? Old World, Dianic, Wiccan, Santeria, Voudoun, Camdouble, etc?

Same with "pagan" ... oh, nevermind.

I can sympathize having been indoctrinated in my early years into fundamentalist Christianity.

The word occult merely means "hidden." There was nothing hidden about this performance.

Furthermore, fire is probably, literally, the oldest element of human religious practice.

The most efficient way to gather a large number of people near a fire is ... a circle.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Looked like a ritual when they started pouring something out of jars in a counter clock wise motion. Personally, I don't watch things like this. I prefer to keep my mind and my spirit in the light. Whatever Katy was doing feels and looks dark to me. I would stay far away from it. I use my powers for good.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Sevnuvnine

Anyone, regardless of their beliefs has a right to walk away from something that makes them uncomfortable. I'm glad she got up and walked out. Who should stay in a room with something they do not want to be around? I don't think that makes her ignorant, I think it makes her wise.

Now with that said, I was once dragged to a Baptist church with my cousin when I was 13 years old. I couldn't get out of that place fast enough! And I did!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ugly and something you see, when experiencing the delerious tremens from too much alcohol over too many days ,ah yuk

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well, as I think about it, in the simplest terms, I guess every performance is technically a ritual.

It takes place in a certain environment, people take on different roles than they have in everyday life, broad themes important to human life at large are portrayed and explored, etc. etc. etc.

Drama, we might remember, was important for the ancient Greeks for whom it was a pseudo-religious practice.

BUT, performance doesn't equal witchcraft. Neither does ritualized behavior. Neither does fire.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join