It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow I have a pic just like it. I walked to the other side and then all of the threatening signs telling me to go away, as well as a locked gate. I wound up staying the night at the Oak Island Motel (rather a nice place) in Lunenberg.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Wow I have a pic just like it. I walked to the other side and then all of the threatening signs telling me to go away, as well as a locked gate. I wound up staying the night at the Oak Island Motel (rather a nice place) in Lunenberg.
Cool, eh? I was staying in Lunenburg as well, but after my unsuccessful foray, I simply went to a nearby restaurant, within sight of the island, and ate me a lobster roll.

Here's part of the famous map, posted by the Oak Island Treasure forum...borrowed with gratitude.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's a good time-waster of a show and the story is certainly intriguing.

I think there's something buried on the island that wasn't meant to be retrieved.

I'm very glad that at the end of the episode, Marty is finally tired of jacking around with tests and readings. They have enough data and it's time to dig. They need to dig in the swamp to identify the anomalies and they need to excavate the money pit right on top of where they retrieved the highly-interesting core sample. Enough pussy-footing around.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Here's part of the famous map, posted by the Oak Island Treasure forum...borrowed with gratitude.

Now that makes the story goonies cool.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Assuming that the Money Pit was the hole (which later became the booby-trapped decoy hole) used to lower the treasure into the horizontal tunnel leading to the retrieval chamber, then the actual retrieval chamber would likely be laid out along a compass point at a known fixed distance. If it was Freemasons, it might run along a Masonic angle (29, 33, 36 or 60), but if it was compass points, then it would be a good idea to look for signs of old digging along the northern or western compass points at 100, 150 and 200 foot distances. East sends you off into the cove and the traps. South sends you off into the short side of the island. If you need more elbow room, then you need to go north or west.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow, can this show be dragged out any longer. The keep repeating and stating the samething over and over through every episode and along with the what if sceneries.

They make something out of nothing and over exaggerate everything. The only over dramatization they haven't done is someone farting and making it look like a tornado just happened.

Luckily I can fast forward to he last 5 minutes of each episode either-wise it would be to painful and dragged out to watch. To bad, because its a great use of reality tv to compensate for expenses on following a mystery.

I know reality tv and documentaries are mostly about hype and little to no substance but I wish they would have broken out of the repetitive reality tv editing style.

Too bad cause I like the mystery about Oak Island and I like the cast, just not the hype and editing that comes with it.
edit on 14131America/ChicagoWed, 07 Jan 2015 12:14:11 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Wow, can this show be dragged out any longer. The keep repeating and stating the samething over and over through every episode and along with the what if sceneries.

They make something out of nothing and over exaggerate everything. The only over dramatization they haven't done is someone farting and making it look like a tornado just happened.

Luckily I can fast forward to he last 5 minutes of each episode either-wise it would be to painful and dragged out to watch. To bad, because its a great use of reality tv to compensate for expenses on following a mystery.

I know reality tv and documentaries are mostly about hype and little to no substance but I wish they would have broken out of the repetitive reality tv editing style.

Too bad cause I like the mystery about Oak Island and I like the cast, just not the hype and editing that comes with it.

It looks to me like they didn't find anything of substance so the show has to keep dragging out the search until the finale. It's starting to look like "Finding Bigfoot"... a lot of over-dramatized ado about nothing.

Last night's episode was literally an hour of "the divers are gearing up to go down this hole"... "the divers are ready to go down this hole"... "divers haven't been down this hole in 20 years"... "the divers could die in like 3,000 different ways"... "7 people have to die"... "the divers are now going down the hole"... "the divers are in the hole"... roll credits.

I've got $100 that says the finale ends with the divers running into some kind of very minor safety issue so they abandon the dive without finding anything and the production team plays it up as "will the Oak Island treasure... ever... be found?" *dramatic music*
edit on 1/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Yeah, I agree with you . Its turning into the Baltic UFO crapcumentary and they are trying to recover their initial investments.

However, unlike the Baltic UFO at least they had the decency to not actually come out and act like they found the treasure knowing damn well they hadn't.

Its unlikely that any new findings will be made via a documentary. If they really found something interesting they would disclose their findings via news outlets prior to the release of the film to get viewer ship.

Hence I didn't expect for them to really find the treasure but was still looking forward to the virtual adventure of searching for it. They could have done without the over dramatization IMHO.

In regards to the last episode that aired that was a cluster disappointment.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I expect them to find the Ark of the Covenant and the Menorah and the Staff of Moses and Solomon's Ring, causing the Temple to be rebuilt and ushering in the Apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I expect them to find the Ark of the Covenant and the Menorah and the Staff of Moses and Solomon's Ring, causing the Temple to be rebuilt and ushering in the Apocalypse.

Each episode would be a great half hour segment. What kills me is History Channel's way of telling you what you are going to see - showing the stuff - going to commercial - telling you what you just saw - repeat. I like the fact that they are throwing some money and science at the whole conundrum, and it is possibly the best shot yet at figuring it all out. I just wish they didn't use the same production house as...what...Swamp People?

I still look forward to each episode.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I just wish they didn't use the same production house as...what...Swamp People?

I guess it wouldn't be much of a show if they just showed some guys spending a bunch of money and digging up the island -- for the 50th time -- just to make money.

At least the Weather Channel's "Prospectors" show has more than one group of people looking for gems, so they can spread the stories out a little more, even though it's basically people digging in the dirt for shiny rocks.

Knights Templar, my Aunt Fanny!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yeah that is how I feel as well.

This and probably 90% of the so called reality / documentary should only be mini series versus 3 years of stalling, but the money is strong in stalling.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Knights Templar, my Aunt Fanny!
That will be interesting to see. As I've said, an 'intuitive archaeologist' of my acquaintance met with Blankenship and upon handling a gold link that had been recovered from the pit, said it was Templar in origin. This fellow had been shown to be right on a number of occasions...so, we'll see.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
'intuitive archaeologist' what the hell is that and where Can I get one?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
'intuitive archaeologist' what the hell is that and where Can I get one?

George McMullen referred to himself as such, and more than a few Ontario archaeologists have 'George' stories.

edit on 8-1-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: clarity needed

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

I've got $100 that says the finale ends with the divers running into some kind of very minor safety issue so they abandon the dive without finding anything and the production team plays it up as "will the Oak Island treasure... ever... be found?" *dramatic music*

Wow... I sure called that one.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Welp! I'm ready for the next season where they spend 10 episodes planning and debating about how to dig that new 4ft shaft, then get stifled at the very end by environmental regulations or realizations that it'll be too expensive/difficult/dangerous.

Really though, seeing the sonar scans of the cavern at the bottom of 10x was very exciting. It really does look as if they have found a treasure room or part of the tunnel leading to the bottom of the money pit. I'm eager to see how this pans out, even though it'll probably be just like I guessed above.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I decided to watch a couple of these episodes, after all the swamp people, alligator wars, amazing race, and reality TV show burnout. It was the normal hype, nothing new or interesting for me. It would be funny if someone just threw some garbage into a sinkhole at different points in time.

Checking out of reality television for a bit. Reality is not holding my interest anymore.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Et in Arcadia ego

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I know this has been dead for a while, BUT Season 4 just started and it looks like they are finally bringing in the big toys. History channel is hinting they found something. I would think if they did find anything of note this past summer it would of leaked by now tho. Still cant stop watching, great stuff

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join