It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They seem to have found a vault wall down there with latest drilling. Either way I like shows like this. Hope they keep it up even if nothing there it's fun to be intrigued with the quest.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The last few episodes have been full of genuine finds and I find myself interested again. The core samples at least are interesting if they are not faked. Who knows nowadays. At least the facts of the pit being there and its general construction known such that it is not a complete wild goose chase.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Why would anybody bury treasure in a location that is so far impossible to reach?

There would be no point because the person who buried it would never be able to retreive it.

Maybe that is the whole point.

I am addicted to this show too. I love any show dealing with mystery and the unexplained. I don't care if it exaggerates things as long as its enjoyable to watch and entertaining.

I do wonder what is buried there though. Many a man and many an expedition have excavated that Island out searching and looking and spending millions doing so, but just several tantalizing clues have been found, but nothing real concrete yet. It seems like diggers keep triggering these traps once they reach a certain depth that floods the dig out and they cannot continue. Men have lost lives on that Island looking for the treasure. Is something actually there? Who knows, but I bet its fun trying to find out.

One way or another, I'd love to know what is there (if anything)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger
If we cant dig down there how on earth did ancient man dig down there?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: Bloodydagger
If we cant dig down there how on earth did ancient man dig down there?

Well, strictly speaking, we are not talking about ancient man here. This is...what...early 1700s? Principals of hydrology, engineering and architecture were fairly well known. A psychic I met handled a clink of chain from the site, and he figured Templar treasure. Blankenship apparently figured it was skimmings from Spanish treasure ships by a Havana bureaucrat.
I think the swamp is the key to the flood tunnels...looking forward to the episode I recorded the other day.
edit on 23-12-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
After watching another season.... (see my thread(s) from last year etc), I have to say they (the brothers) are suckering the whole bunch of us.

When I heard them admit they don't even know where exactly the "money pit" even begins..... my eyes rolled.

And the referrences to the Lost Ark of the Covenant. Give it a break.

It isn't there....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
After watching another season.... (see my thread(s) from last year etc), I have to say they (the brothers) are suckering the whole bunch of us.
When I heard them admit they don't even know where exactly the "money pit" even begins..... my eyes rolled.
And the referrences to the Lost Ark of the Covenant. Give it a break.
It isn't there....

I disagree that the brothers are suckering us. I think their search is real, and they explain that the whole thing has been dug up and filled in so many times that they are unsure where the original pit was. As to the Lost Ark...well, it is the History Channel, right?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Well Johnny, I am glad to see you stuck around for this season.

The problem is... and it can't be helped...

Is that the brothers have gotten blinded by the failures but they don't know it yet (per the show).

Those folks from the Island much laugh their butts off at night. then blankenship runs down to the next area of seach and tosses an old 8 piece coin.... Then comes the metal detectors... Oh LoOK!!!!

One born every minute.....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Someone went to a lot of trouble to create this.

Finding and blocking the water inlets is the key. That stops the flood process. Once that is done, the excavation can begin. Teams of people and a lot of money will be required. Treasure hunters don't like to employ too many people.

Draining the swamp is a good start. The next step should be finding the flood tunnels.

These guys tend to jump around a lot rather than having a structured approach.

I believe there is just gold down there and that's it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Those guys ain't gonna find nuthin'.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
Those folks from the Island much laugh their butts off at night. then blankenship runs down to the next area of seach and tosses an old 8 piece coin....
I don't believe that, especially what I've been told about Blankenship from one who met him. They are apparently partners as well, so they have a dog in this fight, too. But ultimately, to toss another metaphor into the mix...the proof is in the puddin'.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's just my opinion, but I think they will find Atlantis long before they find any treasure in the money pit. I have long desired to visit the island and take a look for myself, but current projects prevent me from doing so. Plus my wife and I are adopting a 5 year old little girl that will be taking up most of my time in the near future.

I recently heard an interesting theory that they were actually excavating a viking long boat that somehow managed to be up ended, every 10 feet they were running in to a wooden bulkhead that separated the rowers. I can't fathom how the boat would have ended up in this position, but it was an interesting and creative explanation of the Money Pit.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I don't believe that, especially what I've been told about Blankenship from one who met him. They are apparently partners as well, so they have a dog in this fight, too. But ultimately, to toss another metaphor into the mix...the proof is in the puddin'.

They're probably putting in a honest effort, and while they complain a lot about the costs, some of it is probably offset by money from the TV network. That's why they have to keep throwing some historical content into the show about the Grail and the Ark of the Covenant to keep up interest.

What I tend to think, however, is that they underestimated how badly the place has been torn up over the past 200 years, and how expensive it would be to dig up anything of possible value. They were complaining about core sample holes. What happens when they have to dig 200 feet down into that mess something big enough to bring up whatever might be down there (if anything)? I like the idea that the Money Pit is a ruse, and that the actual treasure was buried at a place that was much easier to get to -- a secondary shaft dug sideways from the Money Pit and up to a reasonable level -- and it was probably retrieved long ago.

I also think the key to the whole endeavor lies in the parts of the island that are owned by other people, namely Fred Nolan, who is not cooperating at all with the other group.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
While I found some of the earlier episodes interesting, the show seems to be descending into idiocy with the trip to Rennes-le-Chateau and its church and the Templars.

The last episode I saw had one of the brothers visiting the church of Rennes-le-Chateau with some woman. This woman pointed to the fact that one of the statues had corn depicted, which wasn't known in Europe in the 8th and 9th centuries, as proof that the Templars must have visited the New World. The only problem is that almost nothing of the original church exists and it was rebuilt at the end of the 19th century. This included the purchase of statues for the church from a sculptor who was producing such religious artwork in the 1890s. The existence of corn in France was certainly the case at the time the statues were sculpted.

edit on 23/12/14 by erwalker because: mispelled statues.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They should leave my gold alone. One more death and they will wake up the protector that watches over the place.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

It's so full of waste, debris, and collapsed so many times the main shaft is "lost" by modern attempts of excavation.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The History Channel is the best thing to ever have happened to that place after all of these years. As long as the show remains profitable, then there will be funds available to pump into the extensive operations it will probably continue to take, to come up with an answer as to what is (or was) buried there.

The Readers Digest article was my first exposure to the Money Pit, and in the late Eighties, I took a trip there from Boston, but never got on the Island because of a feud that was going on with property owners at the time. I always wanted a chance to walk around and through it on my own, just to see the landmarks that I have read about during this time.
edit on 23-12-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
They should leave my gold alone. One more death and they will wake up the protector that watches over the place.

At least somebody will be woken up, rather than put to sleep!
Z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
tonights ep was sooooooo boring. I ate chocolate cookies maniacally in distraction.

So we have to sit through 10x getting nowhere when they come back in january.

Some thoughts on OI:
Over the years there have been 40 pits dug. This has ravaged the landscape and terrain over the centuries. It really is not the same place topographically and the stratigraphy is polluted since the 15th century.. Along with MANY MANY natural sinkholes the 40 odd pits collapsed and filled in, leaving a lot of debris, mining equipment, timber and tools buried.

No one even knows where the original money pit was.

In the 60's it looked like a West Virginian mountains that had been strip mined, the mountain top removed, a large open pit. This means that H channel references old terrain that is irrelevant today. The mining in the 60s dumped masses of dirt elsewhere on a OI beach and never returned the landscape to its original state.

Its like a enormous cake mix in a giant bowl that has been churned full of soils, sands, mining equipment, timber, debris....Good luck lads.

All that said, I DO wish they'd find something there to satisfy the inner kid in me.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The Readers Digest article was my first exposure to the Money Pit, and in the late Eighties, I took a trip there from Boston, but never got on the Island because of a feud that was going on with property owners at the time. I always wanted a chance to walk around and through it on my own, just to see the landmarks that I have read about during this time.

My first exposure was getting a genuine Oak Island treasure map in a box of 'Shreddies' breakfast cereal (early 1960s), and I've been hooked on the story ever since! I don't think the Rennes-le-Château angle is anything more than a distraction, and now they're off to Scotland? Well, that just screams Rosslyn Chapel, now doesn't it...for all you who missed Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, I'm sure you got a taste through the Da Vinci Code. As interesting as that stuff is, I doubt very much that it plays into Oak Island.

Here's hoping they don't invoke 'the castle at New Ross' in a future episode...that's when we will know it's 'jumped the shark'. Just dig, dammit!

My pic...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join