It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Did a little digging on this & came across this guy's blog.

Guess what there is another island a few over from Oak Island called Birch Island and there is a man made triangle on the island.

Famous line from Indiana Jones "Their digging in the wrong place."!
lol

Who knows?

Birch Island
edit on 31-1-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
Did a little digging on this & came across this guy's blog.

Guess what there is another island a few over from Oak Island called Birch Island and there is a man made triangle on the island.

Famous line from Indiana Jones "Their digging in the wrong place."!
lol

Who knows?

Birch Island
edit on 31-1-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

Oh My!

Wouldn't it be ironic that if they found anything on the original island, it was just a map for the real treasure on the island you just pictured.

edit on 31-1-2014 by MissBeck because: To add

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's been well searched also and nothing has ever been found there either.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My thing is if it is a hoax - why the Cocounut fiber?

Seems like alot of effort for a hoax - to bring how many Coconuts up from FL up to Nova Scotia - peel the fibers off and bury them?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

Perhaps there was an agreement with the people in the show and the production company to keep it all a secret until the show airs................just a conceptual idea.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Gonzo1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
One thing is strange to me,
Inscribed stone, which they found at 90 feet in Money pit.
According to official translation, this is written on the stone “Forty feet below two million pounds lie beneath.” They crack something like 1 symbol = 1 letter in English alphabet, but first word FORTY has 5 characters and on the stone first word has 6 symbols.
Hmmmmm I do not think that is correct translation of the stone.
I’m not sure what is on OAK Island, or even is anything there, but it is really interesting story and I can't wait for episode 5 to see what they found in the swamp (probably nothing big)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

kizovani
Hmmmmm I do not think that is correct translation of the stone.

The original stone is lost, so somebody might have copied the inscription incorrectly.
They might have translated it incorrectly.
And it might just be a big, fat lie to begin with to throw off treasure hunters.

Lots of possibilities.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by lme7898354

It will require a substantial engineering effort to return to the bottom of that pit, never mind progressing further! Essentially you would need to plug all the inlet channels that connect to the pit, and you don't know where they are, or how many!

It could be done given enough money resources and effort, and it would be nice to know what's down there considering no one goes to the trouble, effort and ingenuity that the builders of this thing did to hide something trivial!

Pirate or Templar treasure are the favorites!

edit on 27-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

If the people could only vote for a project to be carried out by their government. I bet the US army with all it resources will get to the bottom (no pun) of it within a month or so.

This Oak Island mystery is indeed very weird. It is weird in the first place how it was discovered. Second it to be on an Island in the middle of nowhere. Maybe it is so very old that it originate from a time the Island was connected to the mainland.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
My thing is if it is a hoax - why the Cocounut fiber?

Seems like alot of effort for a hoax - to bring how many Coconuts up from FL up to Nova Scotia - peel the fibers off and bury them?

Coconut fiber was traditionally used in wooden sailing ships to protect cargo in the hold from being slammed around at sea & damaged. One theory is that a supply of it was reused on the island. At Smith's Cove, it's layered under the sand, possibly to filter the water & prevent solids from entering the flood tunnels.

There are reports of a layer of it found near the bottom of the last pre-flood excavation of the original Money Pit, possibly to protect whatever it was that was under the last layer of logs found before the flood tunnel(s) made everything much more difficult. If I remember correctly, attempts to bull through the lowest barrier at the time caused what sounded like a collapse, & a suspected wooden chest in a covered up chamber subsequently could not be hit with a drill bit anymore.

Having just finished watching the rather tepid 1st episode of The Curse Of Oak Island, I would recommend that anyone with a strong interest in the Oak Island mystery find & read D'Arcy O'Connor's The Money Pit for the best & most factual history of OI that I've ever found.

I sincerely hope Dan Blankenship lives long enough to see the mystery resolved. That man has certainly put in the time & effort, & almost lost his life, in his quest to find out what it's all about.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The way I see it, regardless of what might be buried, you have to admit the whole idea of a pit built a few hundred years ago would in itself show that something important was hidden there. Why else would someone take the time to rigg up such an elaborate system.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The season finale is on Sunday 9pm. How could they have a season finale when the show has only shown a few episodes?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I can't figure out why someone doesn't just excavate half this island down to about 120 feet. Where I live they go that far for a couple of inches of coal, surely they could do the same for a big pot of gold.
All this digging straight down seems kind of foolish. There needs to be some "side room" to better manage the water. They may even be able to find where the water is comming in and plug it off.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Makes sense to me. Look at New Orleans, they have been able for the most part to keep the water out (except for Katrina). If they were serious they should be able to isolate a certain area and do a widespread excavation rather than follow the same failed methods that have been tried over and over.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've seen documentaries about this before and it captured my imagination too.

I wonder about using fracking piping technology to get to the bottom - ie pouring a concrete shaft as you drill/dig to stop the walls from collapsing and to stop water coming in. It's an idea.

Now, as far as speculation as to what's at the bottom - My best guess would be a large undiscovered pirate treasure hoard - I'd be looking at which famous pirates still remain undiscovered for an answer to what lies at the bottom.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hey I finally saw the last episode of the season.

The Spanish coin was very interesting. I don't understand how all that sophisticated equipment can show lots of metal under the surface but then somehow it magically disappears from the screens.

Unless there is some elaborate tunnel system and the treasure is somehow moving back and forth between tunnels.

How the hell does a "season" only consist of 5 episodes??!?

Anyways, I'm hooked, looking forward to the next one....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have followed this since the 1960's having read about it in Readers Digest back then. There was a TV show in the 80's where they were near the bottom of the original pit after it flooded ,and sent down a TV camera and saw a severed and preserved human hand that kind of waived in the current near some artifacts. I was surprised there was no mention of it in this show- couldn't get the TV rights I guess. Had thought Spanish coins were found in the original shaft many years ago too, but do not rule out that they were planted to encourage more investment. Many wealthy, including from Hollywood, invested in past efforts, many millions spent on empty holes for 75 years.

Show 5 was a buildup and then let down as the swamp yielded only one coin, think they were overplaying the metal detector signals. However, like the Alien and Bigfoot shows, love all this stuff, and there is something to it beyond any doubt. Doubt pirates could have done something this complex as no other similar feats by them, so think the Knights Templar had their treasure there like is hypothesized. However, coins and gold, not religious artifacts, doubt the Arc of the Convenient as was just a gold covered cedar box, the wood would be long gone. But for me, I'm ready for season 2 and more about the Shakespeare connection which is the real mystery and "treasure" presented in this season's last episode - enough to keep the mystery alive for me.
edit on 16-2-2014 by retsdeeps1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
" There was a TV show in the 80's where they were near the bottom of the original pit after it flooded ,and sent down a TV camera and saw a severed and preserved human hand that kind of waived in the current near some artifacts. I was surprised there was no mention of it in this show- couldn't get the TV rights I guess. "

They do mention this and show the footage. However the image is very poor and could be compared to the "mars artifact" threads on here.

edit on 16-2-2014 by biggamehunter222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
IMO the 'money pit' is just a naturally occurring sinkhole with people adding 'facts' to the legend overtime. Any 'evidence' like a piece of metal chain or whatever was planted to keep interest and funding. Trees fall in, settle, it gives off the appearance of man made structure. Quite boring really.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

It should be interesting..i have been facsinated by Oak Island since the 70s..there is something there for sure and i hope they can find it.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just stumbled upon this and although TV show was a little cheezy, the story is very interesting.
For those interested, Season 2 starts on November 4th ... I think I will be watching

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join