It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You can throw unseen alien files in with the others subjects you talked about. By the time any of this information makes it to tv it's old re-hashed news.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

lme7898354
reply to post by Blue Shift

That show seems pretty worthless, but it seems like the networks are only concerned with profits and not necessarily getting to the truth of the matter. If the shows aren't sensational enough they won't get market share

It's not even sensational. It's just sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hey there OP yes I am totally addicted to this show.

When do new episodes air?

When they found the coconut fibers, that was especially interesting...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

As a kid growing up, there was always rumours that the Ark of the Covenant was buried there. Someone went to a lot of effort to bury whatever is buried there. Way too much effort to be a hoax. Over a 200 ft. vertical shaft in unstable soil, with multiple booby traps and water traps trenched from 100's of feet away, a man made harbour and ancient clues all over the island, on a island documented to be a pirate sanctuary.
Oh and Justin Bieber may not be your taste in music but the kids got a god given talent. The real hoax is Eminem and people paying money to listen to a song about sticking a hamster up his ass. Just sayin'!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

brice
reply to post by justreleased

As a kid growing up, there was always rumours that the Ark of the Covenant was buried there. Someone went to a lot of effort to bury whatever is buried there. Way too much effort to be a hoax. Over a 200 ft. vertical shaft in unstable soil, with multiple booby traps and water traps trenched from 100's of feet away, a man made harbour and ancient clues all over the island, on a island documented to be a pirate sanctuary.
Oh and Justin Bieber may not be your taste in music but the kids got a god given talent. The real hoax is Eminem and people paying money to listen to a song about sticking a hamster up his ass. Just sayin'!

I was with you until you said Beiber had talent. Now everything you say will be held at arms length as a lunatic.......... with poor taste.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Hey Mama,
I didn't say I was a fan of Justin Beiber, I am too old. I am saying he has waaaaay more talent than whatever else is making the charts lately. He's been performing, singing, dancing and writing songs almost his entire life.......you know, talented. When you have children you will understand.
Take it for what it is!
The Oak Island is the Mystery of our times! I hope they get to the bottom of it, Figuratively and literally!
brice

edit on 27-1-2014 by brice because: additional thoughts

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

Children? I would sooner slam my balls in a low riders door and drive down a street full of broken glass and raw sewage than have children!

I come from the WC Fields camp when it comes to Children I like them best fried.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why would anybody bury treasure in a location that is so far impossible to reach?

There would be no point because the person who buried it would never be able to retreive it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

nerbot
Why would anybody bury treasure in a location that is so far impossible to reach?
There would be no point because the person who buried it would never be able to retreive it.

The supposition is that there was at one time a fairly simple and easy "key" to getting into the storage chamber, although that has probably long since been destroyed by idiots. Now the only way in may be to use brute force.

Although because I'm a big fan of irony, I like to think that whoever put the treasure down the hole came back and got it a long, long time ago, and when the mystery is actually solved, all it will produce is a few artifacts and big empty place where the treasure used to be.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The one thing that does not add up about Oak Island is that the very nature of it would invite curiosity the second any part of it was found. Perhaps it was an elaborate ruse designed to take the attention away from the real treasure being hidden nearby.....
Perhaps it is the dwelling of an evil Jinn......

Given the islands nature and the constant flooding of all the holes I don't think there will ever be a solid conclusion. Not until some kind of super duper excavator comes around that can dig a few hundred feet. On the last show they commented that they could not pump the freshwater to the sea due to their "permit" not allowing it.

Finding real answers here is a lot likely more complicated that most of us think due to the required "Permit".

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here is some fun facts about Oak Island:

Q:What future president visited Oak Island on a 'dig'?
A:FDR. Young (college student) FDR was one of those who explored the mystery.

Q:One early theory speculated that pirate gold was buried there. What pirate's name most is most often cited in connection with this theory?
A:Captain Kidd. Kidd worked his piracy off the northeast coast of the U.S. in the latter part of the 18th century. So, when one thinks of buried pirate treasure ...

Complete list here

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

The money pit is another name for the exact anomaly you speak. It's been tried year after year, generation after generation and nobody has any idea what it is, how old it is, who built it or what is at the bottom.

It's pretty well known actually, do a google search. I'm actually surprised to hear history has a show on it, I'd be interested to watch it if it's new. I've looked up many videos and articles regarding this. It's really cool, and not so outlandish it's unbelievable. It's made of pretty much wood and a hole, it has some pretty crazy surprises but it's not completely outside the realm of human ingenuity nor construction for any period of time.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If they had found anything you would have heard about it on the science or archaeology news before it got in to a documentary.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The show has been slow moving but Oak Island certainly does seem very interesting. Who in their right mind would build something like that, that deep, with booby traps? Whatever is/was buried there has to be worth the effort.

I'm surprised no one has used s small remote submersible to really map out the whole thing. You have to find all the booby trap shafts and plug them. Have they ever done seismic mapping of the area, like they did around the sphinx? Shafts should leave tell tale evidence behind

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have only watched one episode and that was by coincident, on a stream today.

Don't know which episode it was but the one were they were exploring the swamp with metal detectors for the first time.

Anyway, they do seem to put some effort in to it and a new aproch, instead of just digging in the old hole.

Unfortunately i can't watch it as it is programed, i don't watch tv, actually i don't have a tv, so i'll have to wait untill someone decides to stream it.

But, as entertaintment becomes more and more shallow, it's better than nothing.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Any idea if anyone has ever used topographic maps in conjunction with ground penetrating radar in said location so as to see what's under the island/general location of the pit, if anything?

edit on 28-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

The history channel has a couple of the episodes available online. I

FWIW , if you have a roku box which doesn't sound like you do as you don't have a tv, you can install the history app and watch all 4 episodes for free.

Amazon prime has them available for 1.99 each and you can watch them online on your pc.
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I too have been watching the show.I had heard someone had poured dye in the pit and came out at 3 different locations on the island.From the show they showed a large cross marked out on the island.And how the hell did they engineer this in their day?Besides the flooding tunnels people believe the triangle shaped lake is man made,which they drained.As of last aired episode they were getting metallic readings here.I would say the cross rules out pirates.Maybe there is a highly sought religious object buried there.
edit on CSTTuepm2861 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

Great show! They seem sincere and they have me hooked!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am curious. With such support of the History Channel and its advertisers, why don't these believers do what could accomplish their task more easily? IMHO, all that needs to be done is to encircle the entire island several hundred meters with a barrier of sufficient size and height, and pump the water in the enclosed space completely out, and then pump the well. Costly, but possibly effective. If there is anything of value, the payoff could be enormous. If nothing is found it will be like all the other missions, a costly EPIC FAIL.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join