It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India doesn't like Sukhoi T-50 because its "rubbish"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Russian rubbish? India reportedly disappointed with stealth fighters from Moscow

Despite initial high expectations, the Indian Air Force appears to be souring on a joint development deal with Russia for a new fifth-generation fighter jet, according to the Business Standard, a major Indian business publication. The Russian prototype is "unreliable, its radar inadequate, its stealth features badly engineered,” said Indian Air Force Deputy Air Marshall S Sukumar at a Jan. 15

According to the article the plane is trash, or the India air forces dont know how to use new toys, or they simply cost to much and are trying to bail from the 6b deal to get more Dassault Rafale, cheaper and always improving components, also it seems India wants f35 badly but Obama refused 3 times already.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2014 by Indigent because: i think i was a lill hungover when i did this one :S

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The title should be "India DOESN'T like Sukhoi T-50..."
Sorry

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

I hope your happy now, first you Anglo-Saxons slave me and annex my country as one of your colonies and now you complain because i cannot speak well your foreign language.

well i change it now, but all i can say its:

Joking aside, thank you i dont speak english and i make mistakes
edit on 27-1-2014 by Indigent because: ignore the rest of the mistakes...

---
Funny you dint complain about the becouse i use instead of because

link   
Lol! What does India know about jet fighters? They don't like the most advanced fighter in the World? I think its the price tag they have a problem with.

link   
reply to post by Indigent

Im a grammar nazi,

S&F for the read though, seems like we can't really make fighter jets like we used to!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Considering they live next to china and are practically at war all the time with Pakistan i would say they know lots.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I guess they'll just have to dump the T-50 and buy F-35's......

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Darkmask
Lol! What does India know about jet fighters? They don't like the most advanced fighter in the World? I think its the price tag they have a problem with.

--
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
*cough*
I'm sorry, for a moment there I thought you said the most advance fighter in the world....

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

BTW, with increasingly hostile enemies at its borders, India would have no problem with the price tag, they did after all know what they were getting themselves into once that deal was struck with our drunken cold war counterparts.
If you want the best, you gotta pay the price....
then again the T-50 is not exactly the best...
Where is Zaphod?! he will enlighten us on this subject.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Darkmask

When you want cheap you go to Russia and you get what you pay for. In this case it is even less then the Indians had hoped. No suprise here the Russian defense industry has been a mess since the Soviet Union fell. Lack of skilled workers has meant that lots of poorly made high tech stuff is keeps being made. They have gone to Isreal for drones and France for ships but, the last thing want to do is end having to have someone else make planes for them.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Here is another article on the topic. Seems internal indian squabbling between factions in the IAF and MoD is at the root of this.

www.business-standard.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by rangerdanger

I hope your happy now, first you Anglo-Saxons slave me and annex my country as one of your colonies and now you complain because i cannot speak well your foreign language.

It's enslave, not slave.

Kidding of course, your English is better than more Americans than I care to admit.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Darkmask

No, they do like the most advanced fighters, they don't like the fact they are stuck with the T-50 instead.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
But damn!
It's a beautiful bird! I miss the canards though.
edit on 1/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Sammamishman
I guess they'll just have to dump the T-50 and buy F-35's......

They've been trying, maybe China asked Obama to deny them, either way India wants the F-35 and thus far has been unable to get them.

news.outlookindia.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Phage
But damn!
It's a beautiful bird! I miss the canards though.
edit on 1/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

AND FISH!!! how's my noodling friend? been ice fishing have we? I imagine so with this extreme cold weather...
--
Those engines give it an ugly look..then again who ever said war was beautiful, oh wait...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it trash... it's better than more than 3/4's the worlds...

If india thinks there is better why don't they make their own.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Those engines give it an ugly look

None too stealthy either.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Hijinx

I wouldn't call it trash... it's better than more than 3/4's the worlds...

If india thinks there is better why don't they make their own.

Well after reading the article, you can see where they want to eventually, this deal being that they will be partners, able to learn from each other that will one day lead to an eventual total Indian 5th gen fighter.
But ol'ruskie is playing hardball with their technical plans and work load...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
say... is this like that "stealthy" chinese f35 knock off that had all those (super not so stealthy)rivet joints on it?
)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join