It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Did The FBI Fail To Act On A July 2001 Memo Because Of Fears Of Racial Profiling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ken Williams wrote a memo to his FBI superiors in which he outlined the threat of terrorist that were training at flight schools. However, he feels that concerns over racial profiling may have prevented them from taking action on the matter. Williams stated "If you look at the world prior to 9/11, we were prevented from doing certain things. We were victimized by our own restraints," in an interview with The Arizona Republic.

story.news.yahoo.com
PHOENIX - The FBI agent who wrote a memo warning that terrorists were training at flight schools before the Sept. 11 attacks said concerns over racial profiling may have prevented officials from acting on his intelligence.

"If you look at the world prior to 9/11, we were prevented from doing certain things. We were victimized by our own restraints," Ken Williams told The Arizona Republic in his first interview since writing his now-famous memo in July 2001.

Williams' findings were based on investigations of Arizona aviation students tied to al-Qaida. At the time, he recommended the State Department coordinate with the FBI to provide information on flight students from Middle Eastern countries.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The events of 911 will be with us for the rest of our lives. Its still is haunting to hear that all the pieces were all there, but nobody was able to put the pieces together. It is also concerning that political correctness may not have been the cause of 911 obviously, but may have had a small part in it. The simple fact is that profiling works. Perhaps the FBI has learned its lesson on this one.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet "yes".

It is political correctness gone amok. It must stop or the results will not be very nice for the populace. One of 'race' should not mind if the greater puloc safety is a factor........

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
First give an intelligible answer to the many open and unaddressed questions about what occurred on September 11, 2001, and I'll listen to this kind of drivel. As it is, this seems like yet another attempt to divert attention from the hard questions that need to be answered such as how and why there came tol be masses of molten steel at the base of the central support columns of the two towers that fell and how WTC 7 collapsed in controlled demolition style, just like the two main towers, when WTC 7 was not struck by an airliner nor had any jet fuel fires (i.e. kerosene fires that cannot burn hot enough to melt steel).

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yes! That's just what this country needs...another excuse to become MORE RACIST!

Let's hear it for racial profiling!!!

[edit on 11/21/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
Let's hear it for racial profiling!!!

So even if it would have worked and prevented the 911 attacks, are you saying it should not have been used?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
collapsed in controlled demolition style, just like the two main towers, when WTC 7 was not struck by an airliner nor had any jet fuel fires (i.e. kerosene fires that cannot burn hot enough to melt steel).

Zzzz Sorry fell asleep. Believe what you will about what happened tot he building in the WTC complex. The article dealt with pre 911 intelligence and the failure of the FBI to adress it becuase they were afraid the PC community would give them flack.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
So even if it would have worked and prevented the 911 attacks, are you saying it should not have been used?

Sorry, that's something I'll never support...that would just allow the racist officials to abuse their powers in the name of "racial profiling".

How often does an occurance like 911 happen?

Seriously guys, its scares me how some of you would let the government use your fears to take away your rights...oh wait, it's not your rights they are taking away, so it doesn't matter. I have a feeling that if you were a muslim american you would feel totally different...

Racial profiling is not the answer nor will I even start to believe that it could of prevented 911...nice copout.

Don't you guys ever wonder why they hated us so much in the first place? Something tells me if we figured that out we could prevent future attacks...you know like get to the root of the problem. (and no it's not because all Muslims are evil- if you are wise you would know better)

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
First it was lack of communication, now it is racial issues?

FBI doesn't run out of excuses does it?

Surf

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Disinfo at its best. 9/11 happened because we weren't vigilant and were too thenthitive to thtop it. Uh-huh.

I suppose that it was racial profiling that kept Coleen Rowley and other Minneapolis agents out of the computer of a KNOWN terrorist overstaying his Visa in the US and enrolled in flight school.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

First give an intelligible answer to the many open and unaddressed questions about what occurred on September 11, 2001, and I'll listen to this kind of drivel. As it is, this seems like yet another attempt to divert attention from the hard questions that need to be answered such as how and why there came tol be masses of molten steel at the base of the central support columns of the two towers that fell and how WTC 7 collapsed in controlled demolition style, just like the two main towers, when WTC 7 was not struck by an airliner nor had any jet fuel fires (i.e. kerosene fires that cannot burn hot enough to melt steel).

Maybe you should ask the people who ignored the first bombing. Our government not capable of keeping a secret that large. Sniffing kerosene is dangerous by the way.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Maybe you should ask the people who ignored the first bombing. Our government not capable of keeping a secret that large. Sniffing kerosene is dangerous by the way.

Yeah. Sniff enough kerosene and you just give useless, smartass answers to complex questions instead of using the brain cells you used to have.

new topics

top topics

join