It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Extremist Cell Vows To Unleash Tranquility On West

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I cringe at the thought of a religious person, wishing to force their beliefs on others. However, in this case, they aren't asking for us to change our beliefs. Just to accept tranquility and happiness with open arms. I can handle that. haha..I've spent too long embracing the doom and gloom that is pounded into us by corporations and news agencies, blind to the beliefs and attitude changes they've forced on us.

Open mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
In Burma, there are extremest Buddhists who have actually killed many Muslims.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

luciddream
Peace and Tranquility!?? what an evil statement!

NOOO its burns!!! i want violence and uproar.!!

I know you're joking, but you'd be surprised to see how much people on ATS wants armed revolution and will stop at nothing to express their anger.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just in case a few don't know this is not real, it is a spoof.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Aphorism

Yes they have, but like I said it would be stretching it to call them Buddhists.. They forget their own teachings and as a result, a Buddhist temple was bombed.

"Anger is like trying to throw a hot coal at someone, in the end, it is you who get's burned" - Lord Buddha

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Aphorism

I've often wondered if any religion, has given their "faithful flock", permission to kill in its' name. Doubtful. That is human element injected into the interpretation. Humans can kiss and worship my a$$. (it's pretty nice).lol

I just think that killing another human is ridiculous, pretentious and defeats the purpose of having this whole "consciousnesses and self awareness". Good job humans.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Every religion and non religion has its extremists.

Since you cited onion news which has no credibility, you should know - Buddhist extremism does exist in real life.

Straying From the Middle Way: Extremist Buddhist Monks Target Religious Minorities Read more: Extremist Buddhist Monks Target Religious Minorities world.time.com...

The First American Buddhist Terrorist

Burmese bin Laden

The Monk Behind Burma’s “Buddhist Terror”

edit on 28-1-2014 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

Yes I know, please read some of the older posts:

Hoax
Terrorists

Thank you for the links, I will give them a look. I only know that these things have happened, never names, faces and excuses.
edit on 28-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yes they have, but like I said it would be stretching it to call them Buddhists.

They call themselves Buddhists. That's all it takes. There are those that live a meaningful life with compassion who don't call themselves Buddhists. The religion is always arbitrary—just a costume that one wears if you will—when it comes to human action.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Aphorism
They call themselves Buddhists. That's all it takes. There are those that live a meaningful life with compassion who don't call themselves Buddhists. The religion is always arbitrary—just a costume that one wears if you will—when it comes to human action.

Fair point, I still drink alcohol from time to time and I call myself Buddhist.

However, Buddhism was build on non-violence and an abstinence from any thoughts that cloud the mind (anger, evny, lust etc). Something these "Monks" have not mastered.

To be a Buddhist is to be a Defender of the Dharma (the teaching), they do nothing but spit on the Buddha's teachings.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I loved that, it really just made my day, so much so that I just had to post this before I'm even done reading all the responses in this thread...but I hope this works and I don't # it up.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Im a Marty
The unforced method of tranquillity and peace bestowed upon me is going to push me outside of my comfort zone... I could be terrorised with inner peace or consider befriending my next door neighbour which is just too much sincerity to handle.

Would be awesome though if the onion is held responsible for converting other religious ideologies into a buddhist perspective...

Reminds me of the other day when a buddhist friend of mine sent me an e-mail and asked me to visualise a picture of him hugging his pet doggie....... I said it would be better to attach a picture of him doing that than for me to visualise it... he responded saying he "didn't believe in attachments" dun dun dun... hehehe j/k

Marty

man I am STILL suffering pun damage from that one.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Aphorism

Who knew Muslims could actually get Buddhist to be mad at them. I guess there is always a first.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jessme

Hahaha too true!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
it's on the onion, why are people still talking about it as if its real?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If the Buddhists don't use a computer to mind control everyone in the west and make them enlightened and joyful then this is nothing but a joke. This is complete absurdity. Buddist's are going to be at the butt of many jokes if this doesn't happen...
if this is fake then they'll still be the butt of many jokes...

fail... :
edit on 28-1-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jidnum

I know, enough people have said it.. I don't think the mods want to hoax it because it's front page atm...

I can't even edit the thread any more.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

RevelationsDivad
If the Buddhists don't use a computer to mind control everyone in the west and make them enlightened and joyful then this is nothing but a joke. This is complete absurdity. Buddist's are going to be at the butt of many jokes if this doesn't happen...
if this is fake then they'll still be the butt of many jokes...

fail... :
edit on 28-1-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

Buddhism will always be joked about, in fact I read a thing on starting meditation written by a Monk who said to be prepared for friends or people who don't understand to ridicule you, that it is normal and to get past that is part of the test.

If someone laughs at you and you can still smile and wish them the best, then your on the right path.
edit on 28-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

It's not really a laughing matter. This is genocide; and this is still happening.

There are around 1 million Rohingya [Muslims] in Burma. The United Nations has called them one of the most persecuted minorities in the world.

From last week:

U.N.: Burma Buddhists Killed More Than 40 Muslims
Evidence of Buddhist massacre of Muslims in Myanmar mounts

edit on 28-1-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

And how are you gonna do this im curious? Right, by meditating... Please whoever believes he can changes the world just by sitting on his arse in deep breath and focused on his third eye is clueless. Dont you think it is a little too easy? Ah right as long as it is convenient for the comfort of the mind at the present, who cares?

Btw, are you aware of the dark side of tibet? I dare you to look it up on google. Here is for starters:

Dont trust religions

Words are wind.

edit on 28-1-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join