It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Extremist Cell Vows To Unleash Tranquility On West

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

FlyersFan
HOAX

This is from The Onion. It's a hoax.

Haha yeah I figured that out half way through the post :') sometimes I can be mega gullible but it was still fun!

FlyersFan

Too bad ... I wouldn't mind them unleashing it on 'The West' ... but even more so on the Middle East.

Oh well. Maybe the hoax will inspire the real buddhist monks to do it anyways.

I don't think it would go down well in the Middle East! I had a debate with my Muslim friend about the afterlife, he did not like the idea of re-birth lol

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That really made me laugh at loud, I hope it works. =P

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
LOL, that must be one of the best headlines ever on ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Well thats lovely, but I can think of a few other places they could focus.

serenity now

serenity now

attention always read the link,

the onion missed that oopsy

edit on 013131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Totally AWESOME. Nuff said.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Those Buddhist extremists can have my closed Western mind when they can pry it from my cold dead cranium!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Lovely.

I seem to have this faint remembrance of a large group of buddhist monks sitting, meditating and focusing on peace..
What I imagine was a way to influence the collective consciousness with intent.

I think this is what they're doing or going to do. I think this is what similar groups have been doing all throughout history.

It seems according to some sources that studies have been done on this subject and apparently this practice does have some effects.

meditationasheville.blogspot.se...

If a large portion of our planet goes around positively leaking negative 'energy' all around the world and all around the clock, what makes you think that doing the opposite by actively focusing on positive intentions would be overstepping any boundary? They're not forcing anyone or influencing freewill directly by trying to change the ambience of the environment.

Oh, just saw it's the Onion.. ah well.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

We Need some kung fu actions too!!!!!!!!

just kidding

for the buddhist 'terrorists' leader and of course for iRoyalty

peace

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Even the "when-you-have-time-just-do-breathing-exercise" tips are difficult to do for modern ppl.
they are more aware of their gadgets than they are aware of themselves.

peace

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Man I wish this wasn't a hoax. I was looking forward to a mass transformation. What would something like that do....

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yes! Beat us to death with kindness! I love the Buddhists.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Countless teachers have preached 'peace and brotherhood' on this planet and still violence and injustice persists.

The Vedic teacher explains that each human is free to take actions - good or evil; as God Himself granted that freedom to humans.

The humans can be taught what is good and what is bad; but humans cannot be forced to act in a certain way. This is the reason 'Rakshas' society coexisted with 'Arya' society. Sri Rama did not kill all inhabitants of Lanka. He rather transferred the power to a 'Rakshas' after the war and returned back to his country.

Virtue cannot be legislated, nor enforced by force.

There is no method of meditation that can enforce peace, except the power of persuasion and logic.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
TIL that there are buddhist extremist groups... never heard of that before, seems like every religion has its share on that

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Some efforts are best unspoken.
Tranquilo however, is always welcome.

I am Ready.

S&F

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

therealguyfawkes
I don't think these Buddhists are attempting to force their ideology on anyone.

They are, it's just because you see them and their intentions as noble that you are excusing it. If the West did the same you would call it "Western arrogance", attempting to force ideology on a foreign culture that it does not understand or appreciate.

Rather, I think it's just a great example undermining the hypocrisy of the western mindset, which typically views its own societal model as supreme and all other foreign models as potential "extremists," when in fact its the materialist western mentality that's been largely responsible for the current rape of the world.

It's a typical example of one group trying to influence the opinions and mindset of another group whose societal model they disagree with.

You speak of the "materialist Western mentality" as though the world was and would be a beacon of peace if the world was rid of Western countries, but fail to acknowledge that "Western countries" comprise a wide and diverse variety of ideologies and worldviews.

The vid just begs the question of who the real "terrorists" of the 21st century are.

There are extremists willing to use violence to achieve political gains in all walks of life. One person's freedom fighter is another person's terrorist.

Your nativity is blinding.

edit on 28/1/2014 by Dark Ghost because: fixed quote tags

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

This is brilliant...sadly they will probably be killed now....or there will be a new terrorist entry...or peppers, people who pay with cash, and anyone threatening peace and tranquility!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

There are extremists willing to use violence to achieve political gains in all walks of life. One person's freedom fighter is another person's terrorist.

Great line, people always forget it's a matter of perspective... Lets not forget what happened in Burma, Myanmar, the Muslims there who were butchered by the Buddhist and who are still persecuted to this day.

On a lighter note I did like the video the OP posted, was a good spin on a sensitive subject.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The unforced method of tranquillity and peace bestowed upon me is going to push me outside of my comfort zone... I could be terrorised with inner peace or consider befriending my next door neighbour which is just too much sincerity to handle.

Would be awesome though if the onion is held responsible for converting other religious ideologies into a buddhist perspective...

Reminds me of the other day when a buddhist friend of mine sent me an e-mail and asked me to visualise a picture of him hugging his pet doggie....... I said it would be better to attach a picture of him doing that than for me to visualise it... he responded saying he "didn't believe in attachments" dun dun dun... hehehe j/k

Marty

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

old_god
Great line, people always forget it's a matter of perspective... Lets not forget what happened in Burma, Myanmar, the Muslims there who were butchered by the Buddhist and who are still persecuted to this day..

I was waiting for this one to come up, they are the real Buddhist terrorists. Although I refuse to acknowledge them as Buddhists since I would never want to be a-kin to people like that...

If they can not even keep to the first precept, "I undertake to abstain from causing harm and taking life (both human and non-human).", then they are not worthy of calling themselves Guardians of the Dharma.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Im a Marty
Reminds me of the other day when a buddhist friend of mine sent me an e-mail and asked me to visualise a picture of him hugging his pet doggie....... I said it would be better to attach a picture of him doing that than for me to visualise it... he responded saying he "didn't believe in attachments" dun dun dun... hehehe j/k

Marty

Hahaha this made me laugh, I get Buddhist jokes like this sent to me all the time at work!

A Buddhist goes to a burger stand and is asked what he wants, he replys, "Make me One with everything"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join