It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Extremist Cell Vows To Unleash Tranquility On West

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

WASHINGTON—In a 45-minute video posted on Tibetan websites Thursday, Tsuglag Rinpoche, leader of the Buddhist extremist group Kammaṭṭhāna, threatened to soon inflict a wave of peace and tranquility on the West.

Speaking in front of a nondescript altar surrounded by candles, burning sticks of incense, and a small golden statue of the Buddha, Rinpoche did not specify when or where an assault of profound inner stillness would occur, but stated in no uncertain terms that the fundamentalist Buddhist cell plans to target all Western suffering.

“In the name of the Great Teacher, we will stop at nothing to unleash a firestorm of empathy, compassion, and true selflessness upon the West,” said Rinpoche, adding that all enemies of a freely flowing, unfettered state of mind will be “besieged with pure, everlasting happiness.” “No city will be spared from spiritual harmony. We will bring about the end to all Western pain and anxiety, to all destructive cravings, to all greed, delusion, and misplaced desire. Indeed, we will bring the entire United States to its knees in deep meditation.”

“Wisdom and virtue to America!” continued Rinpoche.
“Wisdom and virtue to all living things on earth!”

Link

I thought this was fantastic and I just had to share it with you guys here on ATS.

This is basically a spoof of terrorist videos, made by Tibetan monks who want to do something about the state of the world. About time too! The things that many world leaders do in the world are yet to be addressed properly by Buddhists, I have always put it down to the "Right speech" of the Nobel Eightfold Path stopping them from offending others.

However this is a blatant mock-up of a Jihadist video broadcast, vowing to unleash "Peace and Tranquillity" upon the west!

This is my favourite bit though, acting secretary of state Rand Beers stated “The danger of total enlightenment is very real, and we must be prepared.”

Whilst I disagree with forcing any form of ideology on anyone and these Buddhists are not quite in touch with their own teaching to think it is acceptable, I still thought this was amazing and I kind of hope they are successful, Buddha knows America needs it!

Good luck to my brothers in the east!

Buddha Vandana! (Homage to the Buddha)

Mettā ~

edit on 27-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Peace and Tranquility!?? what an evil statement!

NOOO its burns!!! i want violence and uproar.!!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Alert the Office of Homeland Maturity.

And the Congressional Committee on Hopes and Wishes (CCHW - pronounce "chakra")

edit on 27-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The Onion and the Yellow Headz: a lethal Melange!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I don't think these Buddhists are attempting to force their ideology on anyone.

Rather, I think it's just a great example undermining the hypocrisy of the western mindset, which typically views its own societal model as supreme and all other foreign models as potential "extremists," when in fact its the materialist western mentality that's been largely responsible for the current rape of the world.

The vid just begs the question of who the real "terrorists" of the 21st century are.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Norad, quick move the terror alert to code periwinkle! These crazy Buddhists are going to hit us hard with peace and happiness and that is a detriment to our M.I.C. and therefore a threat to national security. Everyone get out your flags so we can support an unfounded war in the far East.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Not especially, but they are more than any other Buddhist would, in fact a Buddhist just flat out wouldn't so these guys are like the extremist of Buddhists!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The Monk brethren are trying, its appreciated
interesting video...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is genius, and I just giggled till I cried at the idea of it...this really has brightened my day. I wouldn't worry about them forcing their beliefs on others, as surely peace, compassion and tranquility can be developed in any spiritual template if the will is there. I just love their approach and their sense of humour. I also wouldn't be surprised if this is actually very successful. Nothing creates miracles like the focus of a group of people with the right intention.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Then GOD ALMIGHTY helps us all since we don’t know anything but hate, wars and manslaughters.

I love ONION…

PS…! Thanks OP for posting this S&F.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Yeah I'm sure, it is refreshing to see Buddhists with a sense of humour!

Being Buddhist myself for about a year now and obviously being brought up in the west, I'm still a normal British guy, with a sense of humour and a still enjoy a drink or two every now and again (never to excess).

It's good to hear that Monks can have a laugh too!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I wonder if Rand Beer would understand the dangers of 'total enlightenment' and care to explain the dangers or whatever it is we do have as its certainly nothing we are particularly thrilled with, some might prefer the so-called dangers better.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Those kind Buddhists are now enemies of the state... How dare they threaten to bring peace to people who enjoy profiting off wars and death.....

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Get in line. The Atheists are planning violent action to convince people to abandon their reliance on the next life and focus on the quality of this one.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I think under Atheist Dogma there would still be plenty of room for some Spiritual Awakening.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Bring it on! Tranquility, serenity and empathy in a winner takes all title battle against ignorance, greed, corruption and apathy... if it were real I'd buy ring side seats for that fight! Such a pity it isn't!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I love it! Bring it on, O Buddhist extremists! They sure have their work cut out for them though. I'm having such trouble imagining the positive results, but I sure would enjoy the experience of witnessing their success.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
HOAX

This is from The Onion. It's a hoax.

Too bad ... I wouldn't mind them unleashing it on 'The West' ... but even more so on the Middle East.

Oh well. Maybe the hoax will inspire the real buddhist monks to do it anyways.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
No doubt it wll trigger a trillion doller US manhunt with drone strikes on Buddist centers of terrorist activity.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

So would I! Since I started taking up Buddhist philosophy my life has improved so much.

It massively helps with anxiety, apathy, and any emotions which are usually difficult to control (anger, sorrow etc). The beauty of it is that it is very flexible, this is why every country it has expanded in has taken on loads of that culture. For example, the laughing Buddha, the fat one, is actually part of Chinese folklore and nothing to do with Buddhism until it spread there.

It's a shame more people don't look into it, even just meditating is an amazing practice!

It's definitely something the US needs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join