It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

"Im not saying remembrance is anything bad, but keep it in Israel."

Why Israel, when the events took place in Europe?

"Some genocides are far worse then what Jews have endured, but there are not news, those people are not important."

They should also be included and are just as important, but will it stop this type of this from happening again?

edit on 27-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

andy06shake

"Some genocides are far worse then what Jews have endured, but there are not news, those people are not important."

They should also be included and are just as important, but will it stop this type of this from happening again?

Can we at least wait until all the ww2 vets have passed to stop remembering?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

That's what I'm saying. ALL people should be remembered, and no one group should be treated as if they are better than, or above everybody else. There is no talk about the holocaust that happened to captured confederate soldiers and what was done to them in Chicago. Not many seem o talk about the innocent German families who were put into camps and starved to death or died from exposure. And lets also remember the Palestinians on this day. Their genocide is happening right before the worlds eyes.

edit on 27-1-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

andy06shake

Seeing how Israel was the result of the holocaust (just what the Zionist backing Hitler wanted) and Germany committed the holocaust those should be the places where this holiday should be observed. For the rest of the world if they were going to observe this day the it should include all peoples that have had holocaust happen to their people. Like the native Americans in North America and the Aboriginals in Australia. But this will never fly with the Israeli government because they use the holocaust as a weapon to get what they want and as a shield to excuse their crimes like the ones they commit in Palestine. and seeing how there has been holocaust since WW2 we haven't learned the lesson. Personally I'm still wondering why America has a holocaust museum in DC when we had nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I know this might not be nice, but frankly, i don't care.
Don't get me wrong, the standard concepts still apply, it was a tragedy, a low point in our history, and we should remember it so we don't repeat it.
I don't know about you guys though, but when i hear something over and over and over and over again, i get desensitized, and it's the case here.
I'm sold, it was bad and i won't start a new holocaust, so i don't feel the need to pay attention to these things anymore.
About having a day for it, i don't know, on one hand i'm indifferent, on the other, holocaust talk or hitler references are shoved down our throat on an almost daily basis, so it feels redundant.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ethnic cleansing is disgusting where ever it takes place and whoever is the victim.

But for the life of me I never understand why I was taught about the German one when we had our very own British one and years before Hitler ever thought of it.
www.irishholocaust.org...'scoverup

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
We do need special days like this for remembering horrible events. I do believe that we're doomed to repeat these tragedies unless we remember. Sure, I get that some say "shouldn't everyday be holocaust day" but we do need special days and holidays to help us focus and remember. We just do. The holocaust and the Nazi's still have relevance today....our NSA spying today coincides on may levels on how the Nazi's started out opening letters and all of that. In the interest of national security, of course. Bah. And there is nothing worse than holocaust deniers or those that would wash over the genocides that we've had throughout our recent history. This day is important.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IShotMyLastMuse

I am concerned that the holocaust has now been forced into our schools and every child must learn about it. I don't like that hijacking and I do think, if the Jews wish to remember the holocaust great, fine, but I wonder if the rest of the world, that was not concerned with it physically wants or needs it thrust in their faces.

I am also getting tired of the persecution Jewish papers and lobbyists level at anyone they think might have offended the anti-Semitic laws. Recently they went after a footballer for some sign. We watched the so called 'incident' and were gobsmacked as we couldn't see what he was supposed to have done - yet amazingly we had a very well-known comedian ringing the local radio station saying how he sympathised with the Jewish paper and this dreadful behaviour had to be stopped.

We live in very difficult days for this situation to continue in one respectdue to semetic influence within the banking systems and particularly the central banks. Given the fact that the bankers, have not been prosecuted for fraud, although the boards of any type of business, being guilty of fraud would have been and we have laws specifically protecting the semetic people thereby effectively silencing complaints against anything they do, fraudsters and their protection by the law are not mutually conducive any longer.

I also wonder with multiculturialism today, whether its right that one single group should be held above every other group as we do have racial equality laws and no one group should be above these laws.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

amazingAnd there is nothing worse than holocaust deniers or those that would wash over the genocides that we've had throughout our recent history. This day is important.

So because people don't agree with the numbers and how it happened, they're holocaust deniers? Maybe you don't label them as easy as that, but as soon as you question the original story of numbers and how it all happened - All of a sudden you're a holocaust denier (Which blind people interpret as a complete disbelief of the OS)

Funny how the same bank owners funded Hitler yet have a a street named after them, which just happens to be the most expensive street in the city too

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Don't forget the Highland clearances that happened during the 18th and 19th centuries!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Well funny you should say that, a few years back we drove right up through the centre of Scotland and never saw anyone for over an hour it was weird, we drove from central Scotland and came off the A9 and took back roads, Im Scottish and lived in Central Scotland and even I never knew jut how empty it is.

Scotland has never recovered from the clearances thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I am also of the Scottish persuasion.

I imagine its more to do with the lack of descent roads and infrastructure but you are quite correct it does seem rather deserted.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Well I feel sorry for anyone who died in those conditions, I remember sitting in class thinking of the fear that a little girl and boy must have felt and thought if only those Germans had thought "what if that was my children" then it might not had happened.

This was 1963 18 years after the war had ended and the total deaths were " 2 million.

It made such an impact on me that I remember everything about that lesson.

20 years later and the 1980s my kids were at the same school, got the same lesson as me but this time it was 6 million.

Now someones got their facts wrong, they told me 2 million and my sons 6 million.

And if you question the numbers now you are classed as anti Jewish, thats not right when people have no hatred at all.

If I got told Man U got beat 3-0 and then my sons got told no the score was 5-0 should we just accept that, have we not got a right to find out the correct score.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here is a fact for this day: The historical use of the word Holocaust is : a Jewish sacrificial offering that is burned completely on an altar.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

The roads were fine, b roads but really good, and the scenery was breathtaking, I never thought about the clearances but wondered why no one lived here, now we know why because they were all wiped out.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Scotland for me is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. I never knew about the clearing of the land there because we Brits seem never to be taught about our past history on places like Scotland and Ireland, or the rest of the world we tramped through.

I was horrified to find out about the way Cecil Rhodes treated the Africaans and how many of them, especially women and children were killed so that he could help Rothschild get the gold rights. I would hate to count up how many people our Crown and its buddies have had slaughtered for profit. When I was younger and use to travel abroad I ofter use to wonder why people so hated the British, although I never felt the brunt of anything personally.

I do think that today there is a general disgust against the wars our politicians and the elite want waging. There always will be some who want to be soldiers and are very good at it, but I have noticed that the forces have been advertising here which is very unusual because they don't normally have trouble recruiting. So people must be thinking long and hard about what they would be required to actually do were they to sign up..

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Some were indeed wiped out, whole clans truth be told! Others were sent to the colonies as essentially a slave labour force!

Scotland could be considered to be rather underdeveloped with respect to the other nations of the UK and Europe.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think we all agree that innocent people going to their death terrified is a disgrace where ever it takes place.

I feel no less sad whether it was Jewish, Arab, Scottish, Irish, Red Indian whoever.

Its the not being able to comment on it, Imagine if you commented on the slave trade you are classed a racist.

We have reached a stage where if you say anything about the Israel you are classed anti Jew, how did we ever get into this state of affairs.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

We have reached a stage where if you say anything about the Israel you are classed anti Jew, how did we ever get into this state of affairs.

By letting a bunch of ethnocentric racists gain control of a nation. Letting the Zionist have control of Israel in
Palestine is like letting the KKK have a nation in South Africa. They believe they are better than everyone else that is why what happens to them overshadows what happens to anyone else.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Maybe this will help everyone to remember. Ne jamais oublier! Never forget!

Sssshoananas!

edit on 27-1-2014 by ProdigalSonofa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join