It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did they catch on video in the sky above Sacramento, CA a few days ago?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Just wanted to thank you for your contribution to the thread.

As far as the weatherman / meteorologist / whatever, anyone who has spent any time analyzing weather data and reports knows that weathermen are stumped, and regularly. Their position as a public 'expert' doesn't preclude them from being ignorant, foolish, and quick to jump to the wrong conclusion, particularly outside of their narrow range of 'expertise'. Just like the rest of us

edit on 1/27/2014 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Just foolin' with you man.
I agree with you. It's an overexposed shot of Venus.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

charlyv
reply to post by whatzshaken

Goodnight. You get to work out your delusions in dream.
Perhaps it may produce a more cognizant version of reality in the day time.
But there is no guarantee. Science cannot help you presently in this, but as far as science is concerned, we are done.
Given that , i do not disrespect your views, but challenge you to come up with a version of what transpired tonight given what happens in the very immediate future. We are talking about days here.

Interject: I guess it not my ability to tell. I have a message that has been demanded to include before mine...

Thanks, perhaps we can discuss this again, and I am looking forward to it for your enlightenment, and anyone else that feels that we are dealing with something that is not in realm of observable , and explainable science, needs to express their obvious controversial objections to what has been said with people you have never met. If accepted, then you will never be able to discuss this agan, however your personal involvement will be studied

What delusions are you referring to? I never made any claims as to what I thought this object is? I researched the video, the meteorologist who commented on the video. As this is a public forum anybody can add their two cents to each thread. There are known shrills who spread disinformation and utilize attack methods to discredit information presented. You initially present simply your opinion with nothing verifiable to back it up. And discredited albeit a MSM report by equating it to the enquirer. I may only be an amateur star gazer but I still know something odd when I see it when looking up in the night sky. Not stating that an eclipsed Venus is odd. When comparing someone who has a background education in Meteorology and some random on this website, one would be more inclined to take the perspective of the educated individual rather than some "joe" off the street. KCRA Here is the link to the news page itself that still has the video posted with no edit made by the meteorologist himself. Like I stated previously, if its Venus, sweet. With more research it does appear to be Venus. Which in turn would make your assessment correct. Feel free to study my involvement however you have no authority over me to govern what I can and cannot do.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I am going to fry up some chicken livers here at 2:33 am

Is that you in your avatar photo?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

When they zoom out it is still a very bright point of light, would a "sliver" look like this?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

The New Jerusalem

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

berkeleygal
reply to post by charlyv

go check out Stellarium, Venus is a TINY SLIVER of a crescent at this time... if I am wrong then so be it

Venus is greatly over-exposed in their video. This isn't surprising; the camera was not designed to do astrophotography, it was designed shoot daylit scenes for the news. The camera looks at the image and says, nearly all the pixels are black. It analyzes the histogram of the image or part of the image and sees that it is mostly black, so it tries to compensate by increasing the exposure length as much as it can, maybe the gain as well (ISO). This results in Venus being an over-exposed solid-white crescent. Yes, Venus is always white-ish looking, but there should be some decrease in the brightness at the edges if it is properly exposed. It's perfectly solid white in their video because they're over-exposing it. Over-exposure creates the illusion that the crescent is much thicker than it actually is. For an example of this, see how Venus looks in my video of it at 0:41:08 and 0:51:35 of this video compared to the rest:

Venus was actually just a sliver of a crescent, but at 41:08 I almost perfectly recreate the view the news chopper had by over-exposing it. Yes, I did this video weeks before, when Venus was still trailing the sun in the west at sunset, but the crescent phase is almost the same and the effect of over-exposure is the same. I anticipating needing this footage as an example of this at some point, and sure enough, here we are.
edit on 28-1-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join