It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are bugs on the windshield of the universe.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

ImaFungi
If we are bugs...what does that make the bugs
edit on 27-1-2014 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

Maybe the bugs think they are human.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Atlantican
Some days you're the fly, other days you're the windshield.
Are we ever going to remember that we can be wipers too?

good one

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If put into the infinite journey, whereas trying to gauge a moment in time, ie is this center, its more akin to realizing, that wherever you move the dot in journey, the same equally endless volume of time is around you in all directions, hence it cannot be measured, only understood as a journey. In this way, considering that there are always progressions ahead of you in development, never ending so to speak, always a Beyond, its certainly true that even those we would call Gods at many many kazillions of beyonds ahead of us, would still be children to yet other infinite never ending levels and creations. Mind boggling at best. And wonderfully so!

Now on the other hand, taking it down a notch here to us. We're not the insects "they" call us. We are akin to those on higher or mid management levels in this system, that are nudging in a positive way, or the other team laying seige in a negative way, the ones who are so empowered compared to us, who are slivers of self. And to that idea have to add, they're us, we're them already, but they didn't come into the tests to try and grow BEYOND this universal system with its many realms, and this is the master test. So we're not precisely flies on the windshield of the universe, it's a technology that facilitates growth of spirit which is vastly superior to the plasma screen. All sentient life is, nor are we a part of the universe, just the tools of our body formed in the screen. Spirit is always outside, and we are projecting in.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by droid56
We talk big, but we are bugs, much like fruit flies. We think we are all that matters, but we are no greater than fruit flies.

If this is your idea of a motivational speech… it aint working lol

Perhaps this will inspire you…

There comes a time when all the cosmic tumblers have clicked into place, and the universe opens itself up for a few seconds, to show you what’s possible.

- JC

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is no concept of universe or importance without sentient beings to create and give value to it, each and every sentient being empowers the universe and while we require the idea of a universe to exist the universe existing without us is meaningless. So we aren't bugs on the universe's windshield we are the thing that creates the universe by existing in a way to conceptualize it. The universe while being a requirement of our existence as we know it is meaningless without us (sentient beings) to give it value.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Strayed because: Drunken typo.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Where there's a will there's a way.

My belief is we're essentially like bugs, living and dying and doing so with uncertainty. I believe there're greater intelligences than us. We might be in the running to be slaughtered for dinner. We might be laborers or prisoners. Maybe we're alone or free here. I don't know whether our situation is hopeless or not. In all this confusion, I feel like a man in a forest who cannot see clearly what's outside it. With time, my mind finds other things to see. I wonder about this and that. I engage in one or another activity. I never find perfect answers, but there's always something to occupy myself with. Some people do better than others. No one has all the answers. We still find reasons to live.

We find reasons to live, even without all the answers. I guess it's the same for any other creatures. You do what you can and dream when you can.
edit on 27-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Okay, I exaggerated when I said we are bugs. But we are not the only species that is worthy or important. If an ELE takes us out, will those beings that remain not be worth anything? Time for me to use Windex on my windshield so I can see the road ahead a little better.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join