It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new intelligence is in town

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Don't give too much of yourself away, itsnowagain. Your enigma is a fine shield. Let people assume.

I like to deny ignorance - that is why writing happens on ATS.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
reply to post by Bluesma

How do you know itisnowagain did not fall in by accident - I would be very interested to hear how you come to your conclusions. I did not do any practice - it just happened. Have you ever read a post by me that speaks of any practice?

Uh, the passages you quoted were not about you?
I only mentioned you once, at the beginning, and told the OP that there are teachings out there that can lead to a similar point of experience as the one you describe.

I do think one can fall into the state on accident.... and have no idea whether you did. I was speaking about people who go to a teacher- if you choose to go to a teacher, then it is logical to assume you WANT to learn what they teach.
Unless you were forced by others against your will, of course. (?)

You assume that I am powerless, that I am passive. You quite frankly make me sick with your assumptions.
What 'practice' are you talking about?

Again, not about you. Your assumptions, that you are the subject there, is interesting and unexpected! I have never seen such ego before from you! -Not that that is a bad thing, in my book... only what I said, interesting and unexpected.
I am talking about the practice of selflessness. The schools and disciplines which aim to annihiliate all sense of separation, individuality and personality. They aim for a passive will.

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you wish to advise the OP on the subject that interests me it is Advaita Vedanta - non duality. It is not hindu-buddhist flavoured new age teachings.
And for your information itisnowagain is a she - not a he!

Okay- for me, that is part of what I consider New Age hindu and buddhist teachings. I never claimed I would point them to specific gurus- that is not my thing, as you know, because we have discussed it. I just suggested, and hoped people with the same interest as he would do that- and they did.
Thank you for expressing your gender as an individual... a long time I asked if you would share with me a bit of who you are as person, as I share with you, and you have never been willing to. I have made suggestions of you being male before and you gave no hint. I guess it took a little provocation to get you to open up? Thank you though. It's nice to glimpse the human (so to speak).

I personally did not understand a word of the opening post, yet you add 2+2 and made 40.

Well... as we see here, you made some assumptions and were mistaken, about what I said.
But right before the OP posted, I had been following another thread, in which the OP was exchanging with you. It was not difficult to see they were curious and interested. Glad you came in to talk with them.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
For all we know humans could have been put here to blow the earth up which may form a new universe.

There is a high probability of the former, the latter may be a possibility (or not).

If one believes one is of the appearance then one will be fearful of this. However, if one finds out what is eternal then there will be no fear of this - it is just part of the show.

Interesting that you bring the topic of fear into it. Why?

Itisnowagain
Something appears to be happening which is everything. The happening is constantly different (new) but it is always the same thing happening - nothing is appearing to happen.

You recite your posts like mantras. Its beautiful in its way.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Serdgiam
Interesting that you bring the topic of fear into it. Why?

Why do people want to 'save the planet'? Why does anyone care if the planet blows up? Is it not because they fear non existence?

The belief is that one can cease to be.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Ignorance happens. It is difficult to deny what happens. You should perhaps promote ignorance. It is our most common quality.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Many many times you imply that 'my way' is passive - maybe you will see that I am assertive - yet now you conclude it is ego.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Itisnowagain
Why do people want to 'save the planet'? Why does anyone care if the planet blows up? Is it not because they fear non existence?

The belief is that one can cease to be.

Are you under the impression that this is the only way to perceive it?

There is a "care" aspect because it is a direct chain of events caused by our very choices and actions. What we choose to do right here and now creates how we live. There is no fear involved, it is simply choosing a different path.

You choose to come on ATS and post. Why?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Aphorism

Ignorance happens. It is difficult to deny what happens. You should perhaps promote ignorance. It is our most common quality.

ATS has a motto 'deny ignorance'.
I can see that ignorance happens.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Do you think that you will cease to be?

You choose to come on ATS and post. Why?
There is no me choosing.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The supposed individual (mind/ego) will fight to survive. It fights and defends it's position. What I write is very threatening to the divided one.

There may be a little more to it than that.

But I think that subject may be too off-topic...unless...

You are the topic!

Better buckle up Itsnowagain.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

midicon
But I think that subject may be too off-topic...unless...

Not sure how it can be off topic when we don't even know what the topic is lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

Do you think that you will cease to be?

Parts of me change into other things. Whether or not I "cease" to be isnt relevant to the thought process though. I would choose the same thing regardless of what happens.

There is no me choosing.

Well, thats interesting. So, you cant choose to go outside rather than post on ATS?
edit on 31-1-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Serdgiam
Well, thats interesting. So, you cant choose to go outside rather than post on ATS?

If standing up and walking outside happens then that would be what was happening.

Can you choose what you will dream tonight? Can you choose the next thought that will happen?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Itisnowagain
If standing up and walking outside happens then that would be what was happening.

Agreed. Why do you take choice out of the equation?

Can you choose what you will dream tonight? Can you choose the next thought that will happen?

Yes and yes. Mostly.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There is no individual choice.
That which arises, arises unconditionally.

Science is realizing this.

Go to 50.00 and see how the researcher is told that a decision is made 6 seconds prior to him being aware of the decision - he is stunned.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

There is no individual choice.
That which arises, arises unconditionally.

If what arises, arises unconditionally, then how is there the condition that it arises limited by "no individual choice?"

Science is realizing this.

Would you mind showing me that?

edit: Wouldnt something like presentiment assume a structure of a past and present existing in some sense?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I have edited - I have provided a scientific research BBC documentary which may help.

Will clicking the button happen or not?
Will listening to the documentary happen?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Go to 50.00 and see how the researcher is told that a decision is made 6 seconds prior to him being aware of the decision - he is stunned.

Then what is making the decision?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Aphorism

That is a mystery.
It is all very mysterious - the one that realizes it is a mystery is a mystic.

It is all just happening by the will of the unknown.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Aphorism

Who wants to know what???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join