It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has being a Conspiracy Theorist actually provided any practicality in your life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hello Marty, been a long time.
I have to say that my introduction to conspiracy theories was the BEST thing to happen to me. I was living a very secluded life,dealing with a mentally unstable partner,and was so naive to the ways of the world. I don't want to think about how my life would have turned out, had I not started asking questions and seeking answers. Another member stated this site saved their life...I could easily say the same. Not that this ride has not been a bumpy one, but I'm still here. Like Jacygirl, I cannot sit and have a discussion about curtains,tupperware,celebrities or sales at the mall. I knew from a young age I was different from everyone around me, but I tried so hard to just do what I thought I was supposed to do, and not question it. Biggest mistake there...not question it. Nobody's eyes are ever opened till they start asking their own questions. I always felt like that is why I couldn't get through to others, because they just didn't want to ask questions. Blind belief is easier for some. Me, I can't do it. I have become so accustomed now to doing things that go against the grain of society that I seek out everything that does. It's like a natural high to go off and do successfully what everyone else tells me I can't. To me, that is my version of practical.
If I had to say the biggest impact of being a conspiracy theorist though, is realizing that I have rights. Rights to an opinion, rights to choose my own set of beliefs, rights to say yes or no as I see fit.It is my right to expand my knowledge in any area I feel drawn to, even if- and especially if, everyone around me thinks it is too controversial. Most of all, it is my right to live my life how I choose to live it. Without the wisdom I have gained as a member here, which led to continued research and eventually changes I implemented, my life wouldn't be what it is today. For that Iam grateful.
The practicality of being a conspiracy theorist is all in how you choose to use the knowledge you gain.
Peace Marty.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join