It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stymied Obama aims to bypass Congress

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I think the idea is that Obama wants to give the impression that he's helping the middle class. It doesn't really matter that he won't be helping at all, because the average citizen will likely believe what he says even as their pockets & bank accounts are empty. Just because they want to believe so badly.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Obama promises of boosting the middle class is nothing but a rhetoric because he knows that without a strong economy to bring more jobs that can maintain the middle class status is impossible, 6 years of presidency and were are the middle income generated jobs, they are oversea.

People do not longer have faith in Obamas promises they know is all lies.

What he got sight is on the immigration reform as that could save the Democratic party when it comes to new fresh voters ready for 2016, promises of citizenship and a path to welfare benefits and free healthcare with medicaid. That is why he is going to go against the peoples wishes and bypass congress because after all congress is voted by the people and having a majority of the opposing party is the reason why he is been stalled on immigration and that majority is the peoples choices.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

But immigration is the way to make a real middle class (not in my eyes). I think his think tanks are thinking along these lines, that if enough (illegal) immigrants are allowed in the country and making minimum wage (or less), then all of the American working class are moved up to a new middle class. After all, we'd be making more than the lowest paid work force.

If that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Obama promises of boosting the middle class is nothing but a rhetoric

I always wonder how he got elected???? I guess the phrase "Hope and Change" has really worked so I as this since I voted for the other guy, How is that Hope and Change working for you know??

I agree that he lied and broke all his promises to the middle class, everything that comes out of his mouth is rhetoric garbage

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
I say we remove some of the riff raff from positions of power. Hell lets get rid of the house of reps and have national votes on laws and simplify the process. Actual transparency and peoples real voice.

Am i off my rocker here?
edit on 1/26/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

direct democracy now!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

19KTankCommander

I always wonder how he got elected???? I guess the phrase "Hope and Change" has really worked so I as this since I voted for the other guy, How is that Hope and Change working for you know??

I agree that he lied and broke all his promises to the middle class, everything that comes out of his mouth is rhetoric garbage

It's working great for me. 1/2 of our unjustified wars have ended, we caught Bin Laden, he made sure UI insurance was extended twice while I lost my job at no fault of my own, and because of the Affordable Care Act I now for the first time in my life have 100% health coverage. Not to mention we are finally drawing back on the war on a plant. I can only dream of what he could accomplish without an obstructionist congress.

(post by slunteri removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonex

It's working great for me. 1/2 of our unjustified wars have ended, we caught Bin Laden, he made sure UI insurance was extended twice while I lost my job at no fault of my own, and because of the Affordable Care Act I now for the first time in my life have 100% health coverage. Not to mention we are finally drawing back on the war on a plant. I can only dream of what he could accomplish without an obstructionist congress.

Are really really really sure about all that?

Bin Laden - ?questionable?

ACA - no such thing as 100%. Deductibles are killers.

And look at the U.S. military involvements in Africa alone....
The Startling Size of US Military Operations in Africa

The KoolAid might be poison !!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

slunteri
You are a perfect example of a bottom feeding Obama voter. You cant find a job after 2 years, you say through no fault of your own. Do you really not see that every single day millions of people are hired? Do you think there's some giant government conspiracy to keep you out of work, or would it be more appropriate to figure you are in some way inferior to those people? You seem obsessed with weed, maybe that's your problem. It's laughable you cant find a job after two years. Youre a lowlife, get over it. And a typical Obama voter.

Anonex

19KTankCommander

You have no idea about my economic situation, or the section of the country in which I live that is literally worse off than many third world countries. But yeah, forget unemployment insurance, I mean after all we want our professionals like engineers to get jobs at McDonald's when they lose their higher paying job. Just what I would expect from the right. As far as a government conspiracy to keep me out of work, where did I say that? Also, I did not know mentioning my pleasure in seeing the government move away from a needless war on a plant, a single time on this forum, means I am "obbsessed" with said plant. Also, nice name-calling. Your attitude is what ensure a democratic white house for at least the next 50 years.

(post by slunteri removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by Anonex

Are really really really sure about all that?

Bin Laden - ?questionable?

ACA - no such thing as 100%. Deductibles are killers.

And look at the U.S. military involvements in Africa alone....
The Startling Size of US Military Operations in Africa

The KoolAid might be poison !!

I guess I should expect the Bin Laden thing on a conspiracy site. I'll give you that. Also, yes I'm sorry but now I have 100% with only copays. My employer has been quite clear that because of the increased competition in the health care market, As of January 1 I am now paying less for 100% coverage than I was paying before, for only 90%. As far as U.S. troop involvement in Africa and abroad, you will get no argument from me that we need to be involved even less. All I know is that before Obama, we had a President start two needless wars, and with Obama we ended one, ramping down another, and cooling the jets on our war on plants at home. It's not Kool-Aid if it's right.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

You are better than me when making or trying to make sense of things, I have to give that one to you, I never even thought about that one. he, he.

I see it the other way around, more erosion of the productive middle class, (those that do not receive anything from the government but gets screwed by the government) Most of the immigrants in this country are poor, uneducated and they are tag as importers of poverty, because those that have education are not many and they move on.

Immigration will push millions into the welfare system that right now is at a braking record high, this will erode more the working productive class as higher taxes will be need it to support these new increase of welfare recipients.

That is how I see it, but your view is perfectly fine and makes sense.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

slunteri
I know that you can't find work after 'looking' for 2 years. And for the first time in your life you have healthcare. That's all I need to know, lowlife.

Anonex

slunteri
You are a perfect example of a bottom feeding Obama voter. You cant find a job after 2 years, you say through no fault of your own. Do you really not see that every single day millions of people are hired? Do you think there's some giant government conspiracy to keep you out of work, or would it be more appropriate to figure you are in some way inferior to those people? You seem obsessed with weed, maybe that's your problem. It's laughable you cant find a job after two years. Youre a lowlife, get over it. And a typical Obama voter.

Anonex

19KTankCommander

You have no idea about my economic situation, or the section of the country in which I live that is literally worse off than many third world countries. But yeah, forget unemployment insurance, I mean after all we want our professionals like engineers to get jobs at McDonald's when they lose their higher paying job. Just what I would expect from the right. As far as a government conspiracy to keep me out of work, where did I say that? Also, I did not know mentioning my pleasure in seeing the government move away from a needless war on a plant, a single time on this forum, means I am "obbsessed" with said plant. Also, nice name-calling. Your attitude is what ensure a democratic white house for at least the next 50 years.

And all I need to know about you is that it is obvious you have never faced the same types of challenges in your life. I hope you never do. But as more and more Americans become disenfranchised by the 1% and those like you, who falsely believe that in the game of musical chairs that is capitalism, anyone can become the 1% - more and more will continue to turn blue until even the illegal gerrymandering in the south won't be enough for the right to control ANY part of government. That day can't come soon enough.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

I am not afraid to say that I voted for Mr. hope and change in his first elections, how stupid I was thinking that Mr. Hope and change was any better, but sadly I also voted for Bush in his first elections, and for his father too.

What a joke, I guess it takes time to really, realized that is not such thing as good politicians in America.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
And today we see yet another display of the Executive Branch arrogance shinning through...

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has still not complied with a subpoena issued August 1, 2013 by the House Science, Space and Technology Committee seeking the scientific foundation of virtually every Clean Air Act regulation the agency has issued.

Five Months Later, EPA Still Hasn’t Complied With Congressional Subpoena

And don't forget that Eric Holder (DOJ) is still in contempt of Congress !!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonex

Good for you.

Stick to your guns.

But proceed with caution

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Anonex

19KTankCommander

Half of our wars were already scheduled to end before Bush left office, the other half got bigger under Obama. I'm not looking up the sources for you though- It's all there if one longs for the truth.

If you have been out of work (through no fault of your own) through two extensions of unemployment, then you might(?) be getting medicaid, which might seem good for you, but isn't good for our country. I'm not trying to be judgmental, as I myself am on SS disability and in no position to judge, however, it is bad for our country and a weight on the taxpayers.

The war on a plant, or war on drugs has been a total failure and just another way to employ people, put others in jail (employ people), and make others rich. The new scheme coming down the pike is testing (for drugs) labs and rehabilitation centers.

Bin Laden? Pics or it never happened.
edit on 27-1-2014 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

RobinB022

Anonex

19KTankCommander

Half of our wars were already scheduled to end before Bush left office, the other half got bigger under Obama. I'm not looking up the sources for you though- It's all there if one longs for the truth.

If you have been out of work (through no fault of your own) through two extensions of unemployment, then you might(?) be getting medicaid, which might seem good for you, but isn't good for our country. I'm not trying to be judgmental, as I myself am on SS disability and in no position to judge, however, it is bad for our country and a weight on the taxpayers.

The war on a plant, or war on drugs has been a total failure and just another way to employ people, put others in jail (employ people), and make others rich. The new scheme coming down the pike is testing (for drugs) labs and rehabilitation centers.

Bin Laden? Pics or it never happened.
edit on 27-1-2014 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

No, actually I don't get medicaid. I make just a little too much now, but still live in what is considered poverty. Go figure. And they wonder why the left (and 52% of Republicans) want to raise the minimum wage. What's said is my state, Kentucky, just doubled the income you can have and still qualify for medicaid. I guess $16,000 a year is rich now lmao. I guess it kinda is for Appalachia.

hotair.com...
edit on 27-1-2014 by Anonex because: added source for poll

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
just curious ... what part of our country is worse off than a 3rd world country? Detroit?

I lived 5 years in a 3rd world country and boy, you have no freaking idea what you are spewing there.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Anonex

And all I need to know about you is that it is obvious you have never faced the same types of challenges in your life. I hope you never do. But as more and more Americans become disenfranchised by the 1% and those like you, who falsely believe that in the game of musical chairs that is capitalism, anyone can become the 1% - more and more will continue to turn blue until even the illegal gerrymandering in the south won't be enough for the right to control ANY part of government. That day can't come soon enough.

Umm...name a single successful liberal policy enacted within the last 20 years, please. Do not mention Obamacare because, frankly, so far it has been a clusterfunk and the future is not looking bright.

I doubt you have used your health insurance yet for anything more than, perhaps, an office visit.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join