It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stymied Obama aims to bypass Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Comments from the White House are saying Obama and the Administration are making it *Clear* that bypassing Congress whenever possible will happen as long as "They" can't get their way with standard legislation.

Obama's State of the Union address is going to emphasize the point apparently.

Having failed to produce economic solutions has led to this thinking.

The problem I see is, -- what will they decide is "Best" and what is "Necessary"?

Very dangerous statements here.

And they will do things without approval or input from any opposition.

Signs of desperation that could lead to Authoritarian and Totalitarian reaction by force.

Washington (AFP) - President Barack Obama will serve notice in his State of the Union address he intends to bypass Congress whenever necessary to regain initiative after a year of debilitating legislative logjams, aides said Sunday

"I think what we saw last year in 2013 was a Washington that did not deliver for the American people," White House spokesman Jay Carney said in an interview with ABC's "This Week."

"And the president sees this as a year of action -- to work with Congress where he can, and to bypass Congress where necessary -- to lift folks who want to come up into the middle class," he said.

Stymied Obama aims to bypass Congress

related story;

President Barack Obama will work with Congress where he can and circumvent lawmakers where he must, his top advisers warned Sunday in previewing Tuesday's State of the Union speech. .....

"The president sees this as a year of action to work with Congress where he can and to bypass Congress where necessary," White House press secretary Jay Carney said. .....

White House warns Obama could go around Congress

We are witnessing the erosion of

Checks & Balances

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I Think they state of the Economy maybe the subject matter Tuesday. Something wicked this way comes.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Im getting a new pair of hip waders soon. Maybe a shovel too.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Would it not be an impeachable offense if he bypasses congress? His bypassing the system built to keep one from amassing too much power. What are the limits on his bypassing abilities?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hail to the King!

Yet another nail in the coffin of our checks and balances.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So basically what I'm getting out of this...is that Obama doesn't want to obey the laws anymore... He wants to just step over and do what he seems fit.
My heart sinks...literally sinks at the thought of this.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
Would it not be an impeachable offense if he bypasses congress? His bypassing the system built to keep one from amassing too much power. What are the limits on his bypassing abilities?

That's exactly what I was just thinking... Can he not be impeached for these actions??
This seems to be getting out of hand.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They get away with this # because the people do SFA..............
Far be it from me to berate America bescause of its plain lazyness but thats the case................too bad

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

natalia

shaneslaughta

That's exactly what I was just thinking... Can he not be impeached for these actions??
This seems to be getting out of hand.

Everything about our system is getting out of control. But ill stick to the topic at hand.

I would believe that he can be impeached for certain actions. There are certain limits like if we were attacked he could order troops to do their thing. But im not sure as to the extent otherwise.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

stirling
They get away with this # because the people do SFA..............
Far be it from me to berate America bescause of its plain lazyness but thats the case................too bad

I feel it too. Its just like congress to do minimum work and collect maximum pay. I can understand obama wanting to take actions after the budget fiasco, but their has to be a limit to what he can do.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would like to here from other members who maybe agree here -- I could name them, but I believe that would be crass.

Do you think that the president (the Executive Branch) should be able to bypass Congress (the Legislative Branch) in regards to laws and legislation via mandates and regulations?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

ownbestenemy
I would like to here from other members who maybe agree here -- I could name them, but I believe that would be crass.

Do you think that the president (the Executive Branch) should be able to bypass Congress (the Legislative Branch) in regards to laws and legislation via mandates and regulations?

Hot a chance in hell. To do such would undermine the constitution, the basis of our government and everything we have built.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So why have Congress at all?

Seems to me that a Dictator can steal more money simply by owning up to the fact that he is in fact a Dictator.

Don't worry about it Obama...if the people haven't ousted you by now they never will. Looks like you have a free pass to steal, lie, cheat, kill...with impunity.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

"And the president sees this as a year of action -- to work with Congress where he can, and to bypass Congress where necessary -- to lift folks who want to come up into the middle class," he said.

What a load of hydrochlorobullsnip.

The middle class has been hit the hardest, by his asinine ideology.

More of the same isn't going to help them.

Year of action my arse.

The current administration the most authoritarian in this countries history.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

jude11

Don't worry about it Obama...if the people haven't ousted you by now they never will. Looks like you have a free pass to steal, lie, cheat, kill...with impunity.

Peace

Ahh but would it be the people or the elected representatives for the people to blame?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

ownbestenemy

Hot a chance in hell. To do such would undermine the constitution, the basis of our government and everything we have built.

So this would be the first time that he has ignored the Constitution and everything you have built?

um...?

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

jude11

shaneslaughta

ownbestenemy

So this would be the first time that he has ignored the Constitution and everything you have built?

um...?

Peace

Nope I think it has been repeated PROVEN beyond a reasonable doubt he thinks the constitution is just a GD piece of paper.

He don't need no stinkin constitution.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

ownbestenemy

As above poster has pointed out....really? And the past 100 years haven't exhibited such behavior and the People have willfully accepted?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law[1] when they take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress which explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation). Like statutes or regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution.

E.O.'s

He has been using his Cabinet Agencies to *Propel* agendas.

EPA, IRS, etc. etc.

The problem with "challenge" is the damage is done before the judgement.

THAT is the dangerous part.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

jude11

um...?

Peace

Would it be the first time our representatives let him? They are the ones who are the voice for the people.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join