It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 1

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

undo
back to Genesis 1: verse 2. yep, the first chapter of the entire bible, second verse.

it doesn't say the earth WAS void and without form. it says the earth BECAME a void wasteland.

so the first verse is about the formation of the universe.
now skip ahead to the ice age, which is what verse 2 is talking about.
the spirit of god moves over the FACE of deep water. it melts down to reveal
dry land that was already there. in effect, we don't know diddly squat about
what happened before the ice age, other than what scientists are
allowed to tell us, because genesis is not about what happened before that
time frame, other than the creation of the universe, the cataclsym of the ice
age, and the elohim copies who were created to refill the earth with life and
civilization, who were non-human predecessors of the human race.

edit on 7-2-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

Prior to the end of the last ice age the water table was much lower. One way of relating to that, was that, there was a time when the Gulf of Mexico was a lake.
edit on 7-2-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
the concept of the serpent as a beast of the field, is partially from the
iconography of the temple of set. you should look it up.
temple of set = synagogue of satan = enlil's flock.
these are the folks that believe survival of the fittest behavior
is a natural order of their behavior but no one else is allowed
to be that way.

see video

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Enlil is The Bull God of Heaven, The God of storms (and weather). He was later called "illu" in Akkadian and then "El" in Hebrew. In Greek Mythology he is equivalent with "Zeus". In The Bible, he seems to be equivalent to "Yahweh" which is why he says that the Earth is "his footstool" and he controls all of the weather. Based on pre-biblical canaanite mythology, Yahweh wants to destroy "Elyon" (The Leading God) and be worshiped as #1, he also hated "Ba'el" which is God associated with 'a golden bull'.

Enki is The God of This World (Earth). He was also The God of Water, Healing, and Magic... which is interesting because The Holy Spirit is also said, in The Bible, to be "The Living Water", and it is said to have the power to Cleanse and Heal. In Greek Mythology he is equivalent to "Poseidon". Based on his description, it seems like the only being similar to him in the bible is Jesus.

Anu is The God of Heaven. An means heaven, and Anu means The God/Ruler of Heaven. In Greek Mythology, he is equivalent to "Ouranos" since "Ouranos" means "Heaven" but it is also a name for the God that rules it. It was The Greek's Belief that Ouranos is said to hate all of his children. In the Bible, "The Heavenly Father" seems to be the only name associated with this being.

Well, this is the best I have with the research I've done. Hope it helps this discussion.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

enki was not the god of this planet. this planet belonged to enlil, like a piece of real estate. that's why he tried to give it to jesus in return for jesus' fealty. jesus refused because he was about to earn it in the divine court, the hard way. this is about divine law regarding planets. enki's name meant of the clay, soil, earth of creation. there was a difference between earth as soil and earth as a planet, in ancient texts. you might say he was ATUM as the creator god. jesus refers to himself as the second adam, for several reasons, least of which is he is identifying himself as the creator of life forms and defender of his creation. in effect, jesus was enki.

the clues are really obvious once you know what you're looking at, and it suddenly makes sense that he would say things like

you have heard an eye for an eye, retribution, revenge, divine recompense. but i tell you to love your enemies.
love heals. it heals wounds, wars, evil.
completely different approach, and i do mean, completely.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

undo
the concept of the serpent as a beast of the field, is partially from the
iconography of the temple of set. you should look it up.
temple of set = synagogue of satan = enlil's flock.
these are the folks that believe survival of the fittest behavior
is a natural order of their behavior but no one else is allowed
to be that way.

see video

In relation to Set one then understands why there was a Lower and Upper Egypt.

There was a time in our history when a leader could say to his troops...."Today we will attack our neighbors. We will take all there recourses, rape and impregnate there women, feast on the flesh of there men and take there children as slaves". And all the soldiers would cheer and praise God for having offered them this gift.

Things changed.

edit on 7-2-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

"to know" meant to have sex, to procreate. so the tree of knowledge is that part of inheritable dna responsible for procreation.

Yup, 'cause next thing you know, they realize they're naked and cover up with fig leaves and, like "Ooo baby, what was THAT... oh no quick hide, here comes God... do you think He knows what we've been up to?"

7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.

8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool[c] of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?”[d] 10 And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” 11 He said, “Who told you that you were naked?

Source

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

yeppers. why all of the sudden? because they weren't sexually reproductive before the tree of knowledge event. new adam were created via copying of elohim but procreation carries with it, the necessary addition of sexual attraction.

it's so obvious!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

undo

yeppers. why all of the sudden? because they weren't sexually reproductive before the tree of knowledge event. new adam were created via copying of elohim but procreation carries with it, the necessary addition of sexual attraction.

it's so obvious!

Now about that serpent being DNA, it just made me think of that quote in Jurassic Park, "Life will find a way..." about the herd of Velosiraptors being cloned as all one gender on purpose but miraculously becoming able to reproduce by some genetic mutation. If that were the case, the creator was just saying 'Welp, now you serpent will have your legs gone forever" (meaning, once the mutation happened, it would carry on for the generations.) And the 'punishment' of pain of childbirth was just the warning that it's gonna hurt to birth another human instead of cloning one!

Maybe?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

yeah mammalian procreation is not a painless affair.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
D N A

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

undo
reply to post by arpgme

enki's name meant of the clay, soil, earth of creation

I keep forgetting that back then, in a lot of languages, the words for 'ground' and 'Earth' seem to be connected or even the same word.

undo
they weren't sexually reproductive before the tree of knowledge event.

It wasn't called 'the tree of knowledge'. It was called 'the tree of knowledge of good and evil'. In other words, it was a tree that taught morality, but it was said that God told them not to eat it, but The Serpent (which was later revealed to be 'Satan', the adversary, the tempter).

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

overanocean
reply to post by goldentorch

I've always found it interesting that if you were to add up all the years of the lifespans described in the people of Genesis and subtracted that from the dates we have of Abraham , it matches pretty darn close to the end of the last Iceage. Very Interesting..

I so did not know that! It is interesting. It makes you wonder if a some survivor of the ice age... from a depleted, nearly extinct group of foraging nomads, took special care to document his lineage and passed this tradition down to his descendants, because they were so proud and grateful the family line thrived when so many undoubtedly perished.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the good and evil part is a reference to the behaviors that naturally go along with sexual reproduction, such as survival of the fittest, compassion, passion, lust, envy, jealousy, murder and so on. even if enlil was procreative, murderous, jealous, envious and so on, he would've viewed humans behaving similarly, as unacceptable. in effect, it was only okay if he was doing it. it was not okay if humans did it. if humans did it, it would sound something like george carlin's take on it

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

i read a research paper where a guy tried to prove that the sumerian kings list was the same thing as the list of descendants between adam and noah. his claim was that manetho and berossus exaggerated the years involved while they were competing against each other to prove their civilizations and people had the greatest antiquity, so the pharaohs were placed end to end (some ruled at the same time) and the sumerian kings were said to live literally 10s of thousands of years. alulim for example, was said to reign 35,000 years. alulim is a plural word anyway!

if my theory is correct, the sumerian kings list is not comparable with the post flood egyptian pharaonic list at all, and in fact, ante-diluvian pharaohs would've been closer to the time span of the sumerian kings list. mind you, i believe ham and his folks, originated from egypt anyway, and just returned there after the flood. so the ante diluvian pharaohs would've been ham's predecessors. that part of history is completely wiped out. only way to piece it together is via other ancient texts, like the bible, sumerian-akkadian texts and ugaritic texts.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
here's the link to what i was talking about above
www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

undo

i read a research paper...

Interesting stuff, that!
And thanks for the link.
Also interesting your thoughts about Ham.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Prophets could very well have been favorable mutations, this meaning examples of what human life could be like in say a billion years.

It is say to that Punctuated Equilibrium in relation to Evolutionary Theory and in humans? Results in genetic spurts that occasionally, humans that are way more advanced than common people. The issue being that in such a situation, such a person could very well have issues relating to reality beyond what at the time is understood.

edit on 8-2-2014 by Kashai because: Content Edit

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Rex282

Kashai
Ok so here is the story in brief....

God tell Adam not to eat of the fruit from the tree of knowledge and evil. One day he does and God shows up demanding why Adam did that. Adam explains that Eve told him it was ok and Eve blames a Snake which it was explained earlier was possessed by the Devil.

God responds by punishing Adam and Eve but God also punishes the snake, why????

The snake was possessed by Lucifer (in the story) so why does God take away. Not only the possessed snakes legs off but also, the legs every other snake on Earth???

What did all the snakes on Earth do wrong???

Any thoughts?

My suggestion is anything in the Old Testament that doesn't line up with at leasta "small" sense of reality don't take it literally.Even in the more historical account of the 12 tribes of Israel they are still a "type"of metaphor Paul called "types and shadows" of things not seen.The fact is the scriptures is NOT a place to seek facts to support a theory *theology" to form a method of belief into a Belief System (BS) of religion because it will only lead to a big stinky can of worms..that's a metaphor btw.

The scriptures main purpose is a "testimony" of Yahoshua.which means Yahweh(the creator God) is salvation (deliverance).That's all it is.It is not "teaching" a belief system at all.Man has made it into a multitude of Belief Systems (there are at least 30,00 Christian sects alone!).That's how so many are confused by it (rightly so) and so many don't think they are confused by however can't perceive how "off" they sound when they try to justify the it IS "the inerrant word of GOD!".

Again my suggestion... if it is confusing(I don't mean intellectually) then it is not beneficial to read.I guarantee the majority of the "easy" things to understand the vast majority of people intuitively "know" with zero need to "learn" it from a book or teacher.It's common sense and ethics.

on that note. in the few things you quoted (which is what most people do of this story) there are many common misconceptions.ex...Adam did not say "Eve said it was okay".He said she ate of it so "that's why I did".Eve never told Adam to eat of the tree(in the story).

The snake wasn't a snake and scriptures never says it was "possessed" by the devil.That is extrapolation.It says ZERO about satan,the devil or lucifer NONE of which are spirit "beings"..that again is religious "superstition" steeped in the mysticism of religion.Falsities like lucifer are VERY easily verifiable.The "story" goes "he" was an archangel who "fell" when he rebelled against God and wanted to be the most high God and took 1/3 of the angels with him and became SATAN.Pure fantasy.There is exactly "one" verse in ALL of scripture that uses the word(in translation ) lucifer...it is not a "being" it is a adjective/metaphor.All of the stories of the beings and things they do are extrapolated and shifted around scriptures to create a religious agenda.

The scripture may as well be written in Martian from what all religion has done to it.It is the most confounding book in existence.It has it's purpose however like many things it has been completely perverted by it's "teachings" written "into" it ... not it's content.

edit on 27-1-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

Apart from elements of the story which one can interpret in many ways, as you say it is a very confusing book. My main contention is that you give the idea any credence at all. Of course the book is confusing as a book having to body swerve around facts will be, however I feel we would be mistaking it's original purpose if we accepted this as the reason, it was written as confusing and also written as a political tool.

It has not been messed about with as a sophisticated means of control, it's true purpose, and it's method of confusion can be seen to be working in this 21st Century thread. Not bad for a bunch of Bronze Age superstitious nobodies as we like to cast them all!

There was never any "God's" in any of those tomes they were always a method of control. Period. The sooner we bring that to the table the quicker we can dissemble this garbage. It looks like the World would prefer to be fooled by a bunch of Bronze Age politicians than admit they have been outwitted by them. Even modern dictators with million upon million of death upon them have struggled to find a lie anywhere near as big or anywhere near as profitable and workable. The Bronze Age people that the sophisticates in the Atheist community keep on insisting were merely ignorant superstitious savages stops us from examining the tome with true scientific forensics. Unless we begin to admit they were more intelligent than we let on they will continue to outwit us and the World will continue to suffer.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join