It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 1

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

overanocean
I am interested that you have brought up the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

If I remember , they haden't actually eaten from the tree of life yet, I often wonder if the tree of life is a description of the Messiah.

ah but they already had it as copies of elohim, but when they became human as a result of dna modification, the whole approach changed and we see things like "you will surely die"
they'd never died before. neither had the adam females and males that had been originally created in an earlier verse who were copies of elohim.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
For those of you that have mentioned that I really presented Genesis in such a very general way, that is not really important.

What is important is that Genesis 1 presents a species of animal being punished for something that they really had nothing to do with, in any sense of the imagination with what two humans did. Unless of course one considers that this symbolism, punishment for weakness or for being affiliated with a "wrong doer", is justification for punishment.

Our history is replete with justification for punishing and killing others for weaknesses, illness's as well as faults do to character.

Consider that in the days of Jesus working on the Sabbath was a crime as it was a sin and in that light a sign of weakness.

The Book of Genesis seems more tike a constitution of sorts in respect to rolls of conduct.

Saying for example that if a man steals and blames his woman and the woman blames an animal, all will be punished.

Which seems very unfair to the animal but in relation to cultures that existed at the time animism has been a part of society, in all probability, since man walked the Earth.

Today and to the best of my knowledge no culture actually punishes animals for the actions of humans.

At the very best such a conclusion has been relegated to the idea that, "My dog ate my homework".

Primarily I feel that Jesus Christ was about inclusiveness and the Holy Bible emphasizes the existence of Jesus even in the Old Testament.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

mikegrouchy
This thread is rather shocking to me.

No where does any scripture
ever say
that serpents ... ( serpents, not snakes ) ... had legs.

No where.

I had no idea how many misconceptions there are about Genesis 1:1
for instance, the number of times that snakes are mentioned losing their legs in Genesis is zero.

Even more shocking, to me, are the number of populist misconceptions and media driven stereo types that are being debated.

I had no idea that this much damage had been done to the soul of the English speaking world.

For instance, not a single person in this discussion has included all three "of"'s when discussing the tree.

I can not even express how disappointed I am. Even here on ATS, one of the smartest places on the entire Internet, no one has a clue. I'm going to stop talking now, and slowly back out of the room. I wish you all the best, and hope everyone has a wonderful future. Good night.

I agree the amount of extrapolation to "fit" a theory and conflation to exploit doesn't deny ignorance but supports it.I am still amazed at how many people who claim to know what is written in the scriptures don't comprehend the simple stuff but blindly believe the hyperbole.
There is ZERO mention of a being" lucifer" (especially a fallen archangel which is a whole other myth) yet there are billions that believe "he" is the ruler of this world by a few twisted scripture being taught by men that know nothing of the creator God.
They are the same ones who have turned satan ....which mean an adversary NOT a spirit "being" .....into a snake who God chopped off its "legs" then the snake is kundalini, then DNA and on and on with the worst kind of conflation there is...it's a form of insanity.

If Yahoshua himself appeared on TV "magically" and said .....you ALL have it ALL wrong!! ...no one would believe him.The religious "love" the "fantasy" of religion and all the conflict it causes.... it's the evil TPTB trying to "control" their minds....or perhaps SATAN!!! or their ego....it's never ending.They want to slay a Nephilim with a magic sword but can't control their own mind.

My suggestion is drop all of it.It's ALL incorrect.None of it is the Truth .....it is ALL fantasy BS(Belief Systems) of the mind... however I am positive none will.The truth isn't what is being sought but only justification of "their " Belief System.

There will be no "kumbaya" moment when (never) man has conquered the evil demons of this world and come together as "one" cosmic consciousness....just more and more insanity disguised as "their truth".

If you want to really know where the "tempting"snake came from it's very easy.Go into your bathroom and look in the mirror.Then have a seat and get it all out because that's ALL it is.

edit on 27-1-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

In 1997 philosopher David Abram wrote The Spell of the Sensuous, a sophisticated philosophical work that questioned this Western prejudice against animism. Abram drew upon a broad survey of oral, indigenous societies, weaving these insights together with the phenomenological philosophical work of Maurice Merleau-Ponty and Martin Heidegger. Abram’s first book and it’s recent sequel Becoming Animal (2010) should become foundational reading for anyone concerned with life on this planet: human and (in Abram’s wonderful phrase) “more-than-human”.

Abram deconstructs the Western philosophical tradition prior to Descartes (now a standard philosophical whipping boy) back to Plato and Socrates, the wellspring itself. Abram’s insightful conjunction of Merleau-Ponty’s work on perception and embodiment with indigenous stories and myths often labeled “animist” is an eye-opening, ear-opening, sense-awakening tour-de-force. Many who have read it can testify that unlike most books it can actually change the way one experiences the sensual world.

Abram presents a compelling argument that even human understandings of time and space are rooted in our experience of the physical earth. Past, present, and future are literally connected with things “beyond the horizon” and “underneath the ground”. Time and space are not conceptual categories we impose upon the world. We derive them from our experience of living on this planet, moving across its surfaces, experiencing death and decay back into the earth. From this perspective time and space begin to lose their distinctiveness and blur into “time-space” which is not a category or a structure, but a perspective upon life itself.

Christian Animism

Further

edit on 27-1-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

the verses are about the creation of homo sapiens. it SHOULD have dna mentioned in it, even if symbolically. it SHOULD have genetic trees mentioned in it, even if symbolically. what did you want it to say that would be pertinent to the event? why does a human body die? it's designed to. in its dna.

good grief, if it was any more obvious it'd hop off the page and tap dance on your keyboard

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The only thing i believe when it comes to DNA is that consciousness effects it.
Do you actually know for sure that death is 'programed' into it or that we individually can lose the will to go on living for whatever reason and program our own deaths into it?

I would not be so sure anyone knows anything

Myself included hehe

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

Life after death is Life.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

you're obviously familiar with the occult
..some of us were simply told
to be wise as serpents but gentle as doves

it sounds like you're trying to suggest
the good guy is the bad guy
and the bad guy is the good guy?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

UNIT76
reply to post by undo

you're obviously familiar with the occult
..some of us were simply told
to be wise as serpents but gentle as doves

it sounds like you're trying to suggest
the good guy is the bad guy
and the bad guy is the good guy?

well it isn't quite that simple but that's the general idea, depending on how you read the rest of the bible. the basic premise is, the guy who created human beings and defended them repeatedly (warned noah of impending flood, for example, bragged about his human in job and so on), is the guy credited with being the bad guy. and the guy that demanded our human dna be nerfed with a shortened life span, pronounced several curses upon us, demanded blood sacrifices and spent a great deal of the old testament, punishing us, is the guy credited with being the good guy. according to sumerian-akkadian texts, the same guy who is responsible for creating human beings, also warned the noah figure about the flood and told him how to build the ark, and also destroyed the tower of babel and put an end to the other guy's one world order. ever read the namshub of enki?

here it is
deoxy.org...

so that means that it's kinda mixed together in the bible, where both the good guy and the bad guy are called jehovah. so which is which? well according to the hebrews, the accuser is the bad guy.

edit on 28-1-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Kashai
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

Life after death is Life.

Any thoughts?

"For something else/different/new" is what I would add to your statement. It is the best I can do

The truth is that humans invented those concepts to try to explain something they could not.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
heh. after a while, we can smell each other a mile off..
reply to post by undo

yeah, that and other material..
that's actually what makes me lean towards the bibles take on things

..i think people like you and i could talk all day about this stuff
but why should we bother each other?
check this out one day when you have time (investigate the other sides encampment, "test all things, hold fast to that which is good")

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
reply to post by midicon

midicon
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But God just played a trick on himself - he was fed up of 'being' alone so introduced the 'IDEA of becoming'.

Are you not just projecting human qualities on to God?

How do you know God was lonely and bored...and does God play tricks on himself?

I did not say God was lonely and bored. God played a trick on himself so he can play hide and seek with himself.

God is all there is.
This is 'being' itself.

'Human' is a concept - an idea that God is having.

Man is made in the image (imagination) of God.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I have interpreted what you have said like this, please allow me to translate in my own language.
Life is all there is
This is living in the moment.
Self awareness (me/you) has created an idea that we are not seeing each other through the same eyes.
We are looking at our friends (not realizing it is us) and trying to better them not realizing they are us.

I hope I did a good job translating for myself

edit on 28-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

UNIT76
heh. after a while, we can smell each other a mile off..
reply to post by undo

yeah, that and other material..
that's actually what makes me lean towards the bibles take on things

..i think people like you and i could talk all day about this stuff
but why should we bother each other?
check this out one day when you have time (investigate the other sides encampment, "test all things, hold fast to that which is good")

oh thanks! he's done a great deal of work! i'm not in the occult. my info is almost all right in the biblical text. so what do you mean by occult and "smell each other a mile off"?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
unit76

i'm enjoying his recordings, however, i think he's wrong in a few places.
for example

Genesis 1:27
So Elohim created adam in his own image, in the image of Elohim created he him; male and female created he them.

There's elohim creating the adam, male and female. they are elohim copies, not human beings.

Skip ahead.

Now we see a female adam named eve (which means mother. her name is a foreshadowing example as she isn't a mother yet till the human adam names her it and he doens't name her it until after the fall when she starts procreating). she's created from another adam (just like the other adam males and females were since the adam were all copies of elohim anyway). there's no indication if the adam she was created from was specifically male, other than the references that suggest because she was taken from adam (which at that point, could've been either male or female). the idea she was somehow an inferior product to adam before the fall narrative is therefore null and void. after the fall narrative, all human adam, either male or female, were inferior, because they were no longer exclusively copies of elohim.

the female adam and male adam, were then changed genetically, to be able to proceate (to create new life, like elohim did but with procreation instead of exact copying). this resulted in the god who owned the planet (otherwise known in the text in various places as the "god of this world", who attempted to give the planet to jesus in exchange for his fealty) to pitch a fit. he took it to the divine council, and insisted that human lifespan be shortened, since they were procreating and would quickly over populate the planet.

read the text there.

edit on 28-1-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

oh thanks! he's done a great deal of work! i'm not in the occult. my info is almost all right in the biblical text. so what do you mean by occult and "smell each other a mile off"?

yeah, he's a unit alright

well, uhh, i'm being cheeky
kinda saw this all happening from the get-go (the good guy being the bad guy and vice-versa)

yeah.. umm.. (looks for the rolls-eyes smiley) look, i'm with ya on most of that (ie: who did kane and abel supposedly take for wives) ..like i said, you and i could probably talk about this all day *wink*

..maybe you could just hear the old coot out? (i was on parts 42-43 this afternoon.... zzZZZzz)

as off-putting as this might first seem(?);
...i've got a few sermons from a few white-supremacist pastors in my research vat,
let me know if you're keen and how i might pass them along for your inspection?

edit on 29-1-2014 by UNIT76 because: ...i can't believe it smells like nazi butter

oh yeah.. the disclaimer (dreaded words were used)
i'm also subjecting myself to the likes of justin bieber, kardashians, russell brand(etc) for research purposes
edit on 29-1-2014 by UNIT76 because: temporary insanity caused by swamp-gas refracted off venus

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

oh he's a white supremacist?
here's the thing: there was more than one elohim the adam were copied from, so there would be more than one adam dna type and gender type, as well, so i don't think there's a superior race or gender. the concept of superior race, comes along later, following the nimrod event and appears to be a misunderstanding.

it's mentioned in deutoronomy by moses as the divine council dividing up the earth and the archangel michael being assigned to the land area that would become israel, and to which, jacob's lineage would travel following the exodus (see the hyksos expulsion). god supposedly did this because he was favoring the descendants of abraham. what you're really seeing there, i do believe, is that the bible is about one family tree, et. al, the family tree that would produce the messiah. other family trees were just as important but most didn't have books dedicated to their heritage, adventures, mistakes and victories, and others hadn't been assigned the task of delivering the messiah. as a result they were extremely important, but only as it applied to delivering human dna to the advent of the messiah. no mean feat considering some of the patriarchs were pharaohs.

elohim is a plural word. i'm not sure why the translators chose to make it singular god, when elsewhere in the bible it is applied to more than one, such as gods, angels, the dearly departed, and so forth. in at least one place, elohim was synonmous with mighty ones, which is biblical parlance for nephilim.

the way the creation of the male and female adam verse reads, it seems to suggest a singular male creator. i think this singular male was the geneticist involved in the copying of the elohim dna to the adam males and females. in other words, it doesn't discount a singular "creator" but it also doesn't mean the elohim were all one genetic lineage or gender. the singular creator could take the dna of many elohim and create adam males and females, and it doesn't change the story one iota.
edit on 29-1-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
p.s. oh and i need to add that the creation verses are not the original creation. the only verse that describes the orignal creation is genesis 1:1. everything else, is describing the advent of the adam, starting with the copying of the already existent elohim, from which the adam males and females were copied, and then the modification to their dna to make them capable of copying themselves (et.al, procreation). genesis 1:2 is basically describing the earth being in a state of destruction from which it is healed, and then the lifeforms are re-created to fill the earth with life.......again. the elohim who the adam were copied after, were from the previous dispensation on the planet, which was not a human dispensation and which came from before the ice age.

oh and i like justin bieber as long as he's working with will.i.am.

you got that power too
edit on 29-1-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

That is interesting, in relation to evolutionary theory it is conceivable that humans derive from a Hybrid that could not reproduce.

In that context a blending of proto-humans that in time developed the capacity to reproduce.

I know of an ancient account that describes that proto-humans just prior to the development of humans were the ones that developed farming.

The experimented with Hybrids in plants and eventually applied that understanding to themselves in relation to other proto-humans.

Implied is more sophisticated interaction, to the more recent proto-humans just prior to the development of reproducing humans about 250,000 years ago.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

oh he's a white supremacist?

nah, i don't think so.. a windbag maybe

ok.. uhh, i read everything you've posted.. several times..
and started typing several replies
which i don't have the time for just now..

what i was trying to say,.. is.. i've got 1 specific recording, by a white-supremacist pastor (not conrad, lol)
if i can pass this recording along to you (i think was about 40 megabytes?)
i think it will shed a lot of light on what's going on here..

there's just way too much to respond to now (we could talk about this all day)
such as the elohim
it's not a plural, it's a uni-plural
like "church" is made of congregation (individual units)
and "home" is made of family members
(and so on...)

..even that tiny clarification starts to change everything

and it doesn't change the story one iota.

tee hee
gotta make dinner and do house-stuff

bleh, just spotted this on the way out (kashai)

That is interesting, in relation to evolutionary theory it is conceivable that humans derive from a Hybrid that could not reproduce.

yep. it's that same story we keep hearing about, innit?

we're after the truth behind that story
the story WILL change depending on the theology that drives it
(we've all noticed this by now)
we're after the truth behind that story
edit on 30-1-2014 by UNIT76 because: cutting onions makes baby jesus cry

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
fwiw, the recording is about 70 megabytes
"seed of the serpent race", Rev. William Potter Gale

as bizarre a source this is..
..there is a rosetta stone in there
not that it makes any of their own material seem credible
in that it exposes deeper layers of other related pickle factories

confucious say: attempt to create big distraction sometime only serve to draw attention to problem

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join