It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 1

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Well we cannot suppose to understand the reasoning and intention of a fictional being.

No snakes have legs, therefor God took all their legs away. It's just primitive man trying to grasp something.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

"The Snake" is a spiritual metaphor representing Satan.

Just like later in scripture where Satan is referred to as a "lion that devours". Satan is not really a lion, but his mind/attitude is like that of a lion's instinct, to kill the weakest of a group in the spirit of a predator.

In the garden Satan was using a spiritual mind/attitude similar to the instinct found in snakes; deceitful, appearing to be wise "as a serpent" but telling lies in order to harm/kill his prey (trap them as snakes do).

Jesus Christ for example is called the "lamb of God" numerous times as well. Jesus was not a baby sheep, therefore you can see another obvious example of God using animal instinct as a means to describe the spirit/mind/attitude of a being.

The punishment God executes on "snakes" is a spiritual metaphor for the punishment God executed on the demonic realm (those angelic beings who think like Satan). Taking away much of their powers in the physical realm (no legs), limiting their potential damage to mankind over the course of the current age.

God writes spiritually, we tend to interpret those writings physically to our own peril.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Outside of a biblical context, how are snakes deceitful? I ask this because in order to view Satan as a snake as a metaphor for his actions, this metaphor has to have some basis in the animal's natural instincts. So explain to me how snakes deceive other animals in nature please.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Trap setting.

False coloring.

Most snakes lure prey into traps, thus instinctively using deceptive means to kill (appear safe)by design.

Also some snake have false coloring. Where they look like a dangerous species of snake, when they are unable to defend themselves fully. Many snakes try to appear like something they are not.

These are just a couple of examples where the instinct of a snake can be observed metaphorically as deceptive by nature.

God Bless,

edit on 27-1-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

While I am aware of false coloring, that is not a characteristic of most snakes. Heck I'd attribute that characteristic more wholly to butterflies or moths. Also snakes don't set traps, that is a more dominant characteristic in spiders. Snakes just go out and hunt their prey. So again, explain to me how snakes deceive other animals in nature, please provide links not condescending retorts suggesting I don't know what I'm talking about.

How Do Snakes Get Their Food?

Snakes get their food by hunting for it. Snakes are carnivores, and they look for many different types of animals to consume. Snakes will eat mice, rats, gophers, and other animals. Larger snakes can even eat deer, pigs, monkeys, or other smaller snakes. Snakes eat their prey by swallowing it whole. They do this by opening their jaws, which work like a hinge, wide enough to consume the prey, then swallowing it, where the body breaks down the body of the animal.

ETA: I'd say that spiders are FAR more deceptive than snakes ever could hope to be. If the bible wanted to use a deceptive animal as a metaphor for Satan deceiving Eve, the spider would make SOOOO much more sense. In fact, I think your whole account falls flat because the metaphor you provided doesn't hold up, the reason snakes are viewed as deceptive is because of the Genesis account.

What you are suggesting the bible did is looking for a metaphor for say a scary, venomous animal than using the frog for your metaphor. Sure, some frogs are venomous (like the poison dart frog) and some are scary looking, but that doesn't represent the species as a whole when again a spider (most spiders are venomous and they are all pretty creepy looking) would do well for your metaphor. You'd think God would know this, being god and all.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

God chose the metaphor, not me. I choose to believe God. Also I edited my post because it sounded condescending, before you replied. That was not my intention.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

ETA: I'd say that spiders are FAR more deceptive than snakes ever could hope to be. If the bible wanted to use a deceptive animal as a metaphor for Satan deceiving Eve, the spider would make SOOOO much more sense. In fact, I think your whole account falls flat because the metaphor you provided doesn't hold up, the reason snakes are viewed as deceptive is because of the Genesis account.

What you are suggesting the bible did is looking for a metaphor for say a scary, venomous animal than using the frog for your metaphor. Sure, some frogs are venomous (like the poison dart frog) and some are scary looking, but that doesn't represent the species as a whole when again a spider (most spiders are venomous and they are all pretty creepy looking) would do well for your metaphor. You'd think God would know this, being god and all.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

Often times applying human reasoning to what God revealed spiritually can lead to an individual interpretation of a "better way" to explain something then the manner in which Almighty God choose to do so.

You are free to apply human reasoning in any way you deem fit in this age.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

ElohimJD

God chose the metaphor, not me. I choose to believe God. Also I edited my post because it sounded condescending, before you replied. That was not my intention.

God Bless,

But the metaphor doesn't make sense. Snakes aren't a deceptive species.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Who plant the tree ? If its not to be eaten why its planted there ?

I smell its a false flag operation, plant a forbidden tree so the unsuspecting Adam would eat it, later claim they are all done wrong and banished to the world. Who told god that they eat it anyway ?
So I bet god cannot look everywhere at the same time ? What kind of god is that ? Where is he when the event happen ? Its a false flag!

Lets....uh, sue the tree planter.

How about that, for a twist ?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My personal interpretation was the snake was a symbolic meaning Of the Devil ( the one who wants to make our human existence miserable)
What companionship would the Creator have If he made a world of mindless drones having only strength and perfectly programmed reactions and feelings.
He wanted us to have freewill so He could find out who he could trust just like what we all are looking for.
Before he created us , it was probably a deathly lonely place to exist.
But that's just my interpretation. Im as blind to our existence as every living person on this planet. Hopefully our having been tossed into this unknown place without a concrete answer of anything , will be answered someday after we die.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

overanocean
My personal interpretation was the snake was a symbolic meaning Of the Devil ( the one who wants to make our human existence miserable)
What companionship would the Creator have If he made a world of mindless drones having only strength and perfectly programmed reactions and feelings.
He wanted us to have freewill so He could find out who he could trust just like what we all are looking for.
Before he created us , it was probably a deathly lonely place to exist.
But that's just my interpretation. Im as blind to our existence as every living person on this planet. Hopefully our having been tossed into this unknown place without a concrete answer of anything , will be answered someday after we die.

According to science, the place was TEEMING with life before we were "created." In fact 99% of all life that ever existed has died off and humans account for just 160,000 of the 4.5 billion years of earth's history (~.0035%). What part of any of that is "lonely"? Or are you a YEC and believe that everything was created in seven days?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Please don't be so defensive right off the bat.

We might be on the same page .

My personal thought is yes, you are right on target with my thinking about how Humans haven't existed long at all to what was here before. The earth I think they say is 4.5 billion years old .A hell of a lot can happen in that time frame .

My thought is the human being is Gods newest creation.All the old Hebrew and Sumerian text we have ,seems to date back somewhere around 10,000 B.C. ,Hence around the end of the last ice age. The time before that is a mystery except for finding a crap load of bones for things that aren't Human.

My point is that Im not saying God created humans 1 day after he created all the living things. Who's to judge what a day really is other than our own interpretation .

Adam(Man) and Eve could have been recorded in The writings of Moses because writings could have existed or have been discovered by people in his timeshare.

The Devil on the hand is by no means a "human", He was some kind of a hateful jealous piece of crap spirit of origin unknown. Probably older than the earth itself.

The Bible describes Cherubs, spirits,Nephilium, Demons,etc long before The Man(Adam) even existed.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I did not say God was lonely and bored. God played a trick on himself so he can play hide and seek with himself.

You said...

he was fed up

Fed up of being alone no less.

How do you know he was fed up?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

undo

goldentorch

That's why God flooded the earth and destroyed cities.

The flood myth is nonsense. I tried to explain it as a part of cultural Genocide in an earlier answer, Genetics have proven in England that many of the residents of certain areas can be traced back pre Flood. The idea of a flood was merely to separate us from our true beginnings and impose monotheism on us by claiming we are all the spawn of Noah and his little band. Absolutely not. Where then does the Devisonian DNA come in. That is unique to SE Asia indeed largely the Polynesians and Australian Aboriginal people if I remember rightly.

The entire book of Genesis is cultural Genocide from start to finish.

actually, the flood is real, but was a 2-part story that ended up melded together in the story. one flood was localized to cities that had grown up around waterways called the black sea flood,, meaning it wasn't global. afterall, noah was instructed to bring 32 animals. how could 32 animals be huge amounts of animals necessary to account for saving the whole planet? the other was a global catastrophe and part of the ice age that wiped out most of the previous civilizations and lifeforms. in fact, the second verse of genesis 1 describes it.

the verse says The earth became tohu and bohu (a chaotic wasteland)
in the king james version it says the earth was tohu and bohu, which people assumed meant it was describing the state it was in as part of the creation process. this is not true. the word for "was" there, came from the word "hayah" which is translated "became" not "was". the word "was" is not listed in the definition of "hayah", but the word "become" is. this means the proper tense of become is became, not was.

this means something happened to make the earth become tohu and bohu. what might that be? tells ya right in the verse, the spirit of elohim moved across the face of deep water, which drew back to reveal dry land that was already there.

long story short, the ice age cataclysm is in the second verse of the bible and again in the story of noah but in the story of noah, it's mixed into it. likely the flood stories were coalesced into one story because the authors thought they were identical, but were not.

I get where you're coming from. My contention would be that it is still nothing to do with being punished but merely planetary conditions as we wobble in our orbit around the sun in a Solar System itself travelling around the Milky Way. I can agree with you about the melding of earlier flood tales but still think it's amalgamation was created as a psyop.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

I've always found it interesting that if you were to add up all the years of the lifespans described in the people of Genesis and subtracted that from the dates we have of Abraham , it matches pretty darn close to the end of the last Iceage. Very Interesting..

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Ive watched pastor Murray quite a bit.

It does seem like half of the old testament describes ridding the world of the evil Nephelium leftovers .

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

overanocean
reply to post by goldentorch

I've always found it interesting that if you were to add up all the years of the lifespans described in the people of Genesis and subtracted that from the dates we have of Abraham , it matches pretty darn close to the end of the last Iceage. Very Interesting..

This thread is rather shocking to me.

No where does any scripture
ever say
that serpents ... ( serpents, not snakes ) ... had legs.

No where.

can anyone say "feathers"?

I had no idea how many misconceptions there are about Genesis 1:1
for instance, the number of times that snakes are mentioned losing their legs in Genesis is zero.

Even more shocking, to me, are the number of populist misconceptions and media driven stereo types that are being debated.

I had no idea that this much damage had been done to the soul of the English speaking world.

For instance, not a single person in this discussion has included all three "of"'s when discussing the tree.

The fruit of
the tree of
the knowledge of
Good and Evil.

I can not even express how disappointed I am. Even here on ATS, one of the smartest places on the entire Internet, no one has a clue. I'm going to stop talking now, and slowly back out of the room. I wish you all the best, and hope everyone has a wonderful future. Good night.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 27-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am interested that you have brought up the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

If I remember , they haden't actually eaten from the tree of life yet, I often wonder if the tree of life is a description of the Messiah.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The story is absolutely not literal and the snake is the same as on Moses staff, the Kundalini. Please grow up. Genesis 32 30, pineal is the city, the only city, where God is found. The body is the temple/church all outer is idolatry. And the kingdom is within. All 7's are chakras ,and fire, serpents, kundalini and doing as Christ did, is achieving Higher Mind and Goodness thus ascending.

Coming out of Egypt means coming out of Ego. Being sent into Egypt means sent to the place of testing the ego. Etc.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

so you think eve is talking to a critter, that somehow shows up at the throne of god to taunt him about job?

whatcha wanna bet, the serpent is a double meaning -

meaning 1: nachash is a sorcerer, a doctor of medicine. that's what pharmacopeia is and

meaning 2: dna looks just like a serpent and is intimately connected to not only the creation of human beings, but the nerfing of our genetic code - the blocking of the tree of life. the bible frequently uses trees as a reference to inheritance of genetic information which is dna. the symbol for medicine is a serpent wound around a wooden staff, meant to represent what?? what's a serpent wound wooden staff representing (besides medicine) ? a serpent in a tree. a genetic tree. what serpent shaped thing is in a genetic tree?

why even go off into the stuff about the seed of the serpent if it wasn't about inheritable dna? and furthermore, why would moses raise a staff wound with a serpent to indicate where people go to get healing if they were bitten by a seraph (a serpent) ? seraphim are angels. some of them guard the throne of god.

and furthermore, why did jesus refer to himself, as the serpent raised on the staff of moses to bring healing to the people, besides the obvious reference to him being raised on a wooden cross ? there are countless layers of information in the biblical texts. the more you study, the more you learn.

edit on 27-1-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join