It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 1

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Yeah, that rape thing should have been added to the commandments. I guess they did not think rape was bad those days. It has always been bad, we are not supposed to be wild animals. Justifying something like rape by using consensus of the masses is not good. Loopholes are left in the laws all over the world....partly because this was not made one of those rules back then.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

This will put you on the right track.

All these answers, and none of them make sense right? Learn...it all makes sense. It's the battle of bloodlines to get to the cross, Satan tried over and over to pollute the bloodline of humans, so Christ, the tree of life, (where do you think a family tree came from); could not exist.

That's why God flooded the earth and destroyed cities.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Kashai

God responds by punishing Adam and Eve but God also punishes the snake, why????

The snake was possessed by Lucifer (in the story) so why does God take away. Not only the possessed snakes legs off but also, the legs every other snake on Earth???

What did all the snakes on Earth do wrong???

Any thoughts?

1 feels the Ancient data being passed down thru generations and being shared and added to to fit the audiance of the time period perceptions, has caused decipher and interpretation issues as different individuals shared or reshared original interpreted GENESIS data of origin.

With this in mind Op, data may have changed per group that gathered the original data and then interpreted and shared the precieved information. Causing flaws from original story, where ever it started when it crossed the wrong sharers...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The flood myth is nonsense. I tried to explain it as a part of cultural Genocide in an earlier answer, Genetics have proven in England that many of the residents of certain areas can be traced back pre Flood. The idea of a flood was merely to separate us from our true beginnings and impose monotheism on us by claiming we are all the spawn of Noah and his little band. Absolutely not. Where then does the Devisonian DNA come in. That is unique to SE Asia indeed largely the Polynesians and Australian Aboriginal people if I remember rightly.

The entire book of Genesis is cultural Genocide from start to finish.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

I have not the book myself but I would like to add two things if I may?

1. Stralia Day

2. Stories should possibly remain in books to be told as tales for wonder and amazement

3. oh and um, cool post

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
see what you can make of this..

Genesis 3:1
"Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had mad"

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

It means go with the flow

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

And what about Medusa?

In a late version of the Medusa myth, related by the Roman poet Ovid (Metamorphoses 4.770), Medusa was originally a ravishingly beautiful maiden, "the jealous aspiration of many suitors," but when she was caught being raped by the "Lord of the Sea" Poseidon in Athena's temple, the enraged Athena transformed Medusa's beautiful hair to serpents and made her face so terrible to behold that the mere sight of it would turn onlookers to stone. [6] In Ovid's telling, Perseus describes Medusa's punishment by Minerva (Athena) as just and well earned.

Source

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I think that is just a symbol for making USA out to be some sort of snake with seven .s. But it could also be a neural explosion. Interesting lol

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

UNIT76
see what you can make of this..

Genesis 3:1
"Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had mad"

serpent is from the word nachash in the verse. serpent is also from the word seraph, which in plural is seraphim. seraphim are a type of angelic race. seraphim are around the throne of god. so does that mean god has snakes around his throne? it's likely the verse is saying that an upright, intelligent doctor of genetics (a sorcerer or enchanter) who had the symbol of dna on his attire, changed the dna of adam and eve, making them into humans by splicing mammal dna into their former elohim copied bodies. sorcery is pharmacopeia, medicine.

add also that "the field" was also the name of the great square of pegasus, called I.Iku
just thought that would be of interest.

edit on 27-1-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

goldentorch

The flood myth is nonsense. I tried to explain it as a part of cultural Genocide in an earlier answer, Genetics have proven in England that many of the residents of certain areas can be traced back pre Flood. The idea of a flood was merely to separate us from our true beginnings and impose monotheism on us by claiming we are all the spawn of Noah and his little band. Absolutely not. Where then does the Devisonian DNA come in. That is unique to SE Asia indeed largely the Polynesians and Australian Aboriginal people if I remember rightly.

The entire book of Genesis is cultural Genocide from start to finish.

actually, the flood is real, but was a 2-part story that ended up melded together in the story. one flood was localized to cities that had grown up around waterways called the black sea flood,, meaning it wasn't global. afterall, noah was instructed to bring 32 animals. how could 32 animals be huge amounts of animals necessary to account for saving the whole planet? the other was a global catastrophe and part of the ice age that wiped out most of the previous civilizations and lifeforms. in fact, the second verse of genesis 1 describes it.

the verse says The earth became tohu and bohu (a chaotic wasteland)
in the king james version it says the earth was tohu and bohu, which people assumed meant it was describing the state it was in as part of the creation process. this is not true. the word for "was" there, came from the word "hayah" which is translated "became" not "was". the word "was" is not listed in the definition of "hayah", but the word "become" is. this means the proper tense of become is became, not was.

this means something happened to make the earth become tohu and bohu. what might that be? tells ya right in the verse, the spirit of elohim moved across the face of deep water, which drew back to reveal dry land that was already there.

long story short, the ice age cataclysm is in the second verse of the bible and again in the story of noah but in the story of noah, it's mixed into it. likely the flood stories were coalesced into one story because the authors thought they were identical, but were not.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The snake speaks with a forked tongue.
It is about dual thinking.

When there are thoughts whispering in your ear about 'becoming' - the snake told Adam and Eve they could 'become' like God, it was a trick - a deception.
There is no 'becoming' - there is only 'being'.

But God just played a trick on himself - he was fed up of 'being' alone so introduced the 'IDEA of becoming'.

The idea of becoming more or better removes one from paradise.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Are you like an "animal whisperer?
I actually understand how you are thinking and it is in tune with my Cat. Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Kashai
Ok so here is the story in brief....

God tell Adam not to eat of the fruit from the tree of knowledge and evil. One day he does and God shows up demanding why Adam did that. Adam explains that Eve told him it was ok and Eve blames a Snake which it was explained earlier was possessed by the Devil.

God responds by punishing Adam and Eve but God also punishes the snake, why????

The snake was possessed by Lucifer (in the story) so why does God take away. Not only the possessed snakes legs off but also, the legs every other snake on Earth???

What did all the snakes on Earth do wrong???

Any thoughts?

My suggestion is anything in the Old Testament that doesn't line up with at leasta "small" sense of reality don't take it literally.Even in the more historical account of the 12 tribes of Israel they are still a "type"of metaphor Paul called "types and shadows" of things not seen.The fact is the scriptures is NOT a place to seek facts to support a theory *theology" to form a method of belief into a Belief System (BS) of religion because it will only lead to a big stinky can of worms..that's a metaphor btw.

The scriptures main purpose is a "testimony" of Yahoshua.which means Yahweh(the creator God) is salvation (deliverance).That's all it is.It is not "teaching" a belief system at all.Man has made it into a multitude of Belief Systems (there are at least 30,00 Christian sects alone!).That's how so many are confused by it (rightly so) and so many don't think they are confused by however can't perceive how "off" they sound when they try to justify the it IS "the inerrant word of GOD!".

Again my suggestion... if it is confusing(I don't mean intellectually) then it is not beneficial to read.I guarantee the majority of the "easy" things to understand the vast majority of people intuitively "know" with zero need to "learn" it from a book or teacher.It's common sense and ethics.

on that note. in the few things you quoted (which is what most people do of this story) there are many common misconceptions.ex...Adam did not say "Eve said it was okay".He said she ate of it so "that's why I did".Eve never told Adam to eat of the tree(in the story).

The snake wasn't a snake and scriptures never says it was "possessed" by the devil.That is extrapolation.It says ZERO about satan,the devil or lucifer NONE of which are spirit "beings"..that again is religious "superstition" steeped in the mysticism of religion.Falsities like lucifer are VERY easily verifiable.The "story" goes "he" was an archangel who "fell" when he rebelled against God and wanted to be the most high God and took 1/3 of the angels with him and became SATAN.Pure fantasy.There is exactly "one" verse in ALL of scripture that uses the word(in translation ) lucifer...it is not a "being" it is a adjective/metaphor.All of the stories of the beings and things they do are extrapolated and shifted around scriptures to create a religious agenda.

The scripture may as well be written in Martian from what all religion has done to it.It is the most confounding book in existence.It has it's purpose however like many things it has been completely perverted by it's "teachings" written "into" it ... not it's content.

edit on 27-1-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

But God just played a trick on himself - he was fed up of 'being' alone so introduced the 'IDEA of becoming'.

Are you not just projecting human qualities on to God?

How do you know God was lonely and bored...and does God play tricks on himself?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

midicon

Are you not just projecting human qualities on to God?

How do you know God was lonely and bored...and does God play tricks on himself?

I did not say God was lonely and bored. God played a trick on himself so he can play hide and seek with himself.

God is all there is.
This is 'being' itself.

'Human' is a concept - an idea that God is having.

Man is made in the image (imagination) of God.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

You seem to have studied ancient societies quite a bit, and actually thought about what you have learned. You don't seem to be a parrot. What kind of animal are you?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by Kashai

that god is at fault for making creatures not perfect enough?

that god is at fault for giving Adam and Eve free will?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wouldn't a snake with legs be a lizard? Lizards still exist, therefore God didn't remove the legs from every snake, therefore this account is bogus.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Kashai
Any thoughts?

It's just a creation myth story made up by primitive people to try to explain the world around them.
There isn't anything to it except that it's a window into the mind of primitive people.
There are creation myths all around the world. None of them are accurate about how life came to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join