It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 1

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Transgressions Against Mankind

1. I have not committed murder, neither have I bid any one to slay on my behalf;

2. I have not committed rape, neither have I forced any one to commit fornication;

3. I have not avenged myself, nor have I burned with rage;

4. I have not caused terror, nor have I worked affliction;

5. I have caused none to feel pain, nor have I worked grief;

6. I have done neither harm nor ill, nor I have caused misery;

7. I have done no hurt to man, nor have I wrought harm to beasts;

8. I have made none to weep;

9. I have had no knowledge of evil, neither have I acted wickedly, nor have I wronged the people;

10. I have not stolen, neither have I taken that which does not belong to me, nor that which belongs to another, nor have I taken from the orchards, nor snatched the milk from the mouth of the babe;

11. I have not defrauded, neither I have added to the weight of the balance, nor have I made light the weight in the scales;

12. I have not laid waste the plowed land, nor trampled down the fields;

13. I have not driven the cattle from their pastures, nor have I deprived any of that which was rightfully theirs;

14. I have accused no man falsely, nor have I supported any false accusation;

15. I have spoken no lies, neither have I spoken falsely to the hurt of another;

16. I have never uttered fiery words, nor have I stirred up strife;

17. I have not acted guilefully, neither have I dealt deceitfully, nor spoken to deceive to the hurt another;

18. I have not spoken scornfully, nor have I set my lips in motion against any man;

19. I have not been an eavesdropper;

20. I have not stopped my ears against the words of Right and Truth;

21. I have not judged hastily, nor have I judged harshly;

22. I have committed no crime in the place of Right and Truth;

23. I have caused no wrong to be done to the servant by his master;

24. I have not been angry without cause;

25. I have not turned back water at its springtide, nor stemmed the flow of running water;

26. I have not broken the channel of a running water;

27. I have never fouled the water, nor have I polluted the land.

Sins

28. I have not cursed nor despised God, nor have I done that which God does abominate;

29. I have not vexed or angered God;

30. I have not robbed God, nor have I filched that which has been offered in the temples;

31. I have not added unto nor have I diminished the offerings which are due;

32. I have not purloined the cakes of the gods;

33. I have not carried away the offerings made unto the blessed dead;

34. I have not disregarded the season for the offerings which are appointed;

35. I have not turned away the cattle set apart for sacrifice;

36. I have not thwarted the processions of the god;

37. I have not slaughtered with evil intent the cattle of the god;

Personal Transgressions

38. I have not acted guilefully nor have I acted in insolence;

39. I have not been overly proud, nor have I behaved myself with arrogance;

40. I have never magnified my condition beyond what was fitting;

41. Each day have I labored more than was required of me;

42. My name has not come forth to the boat of the Prince

Source

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Based upon Genesis 1 God felt he was not and so then removed the legs from a species of life and does that make any sense???

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

god does loads of weird things according to the bible...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

That is a story created to tell people something. I don't believe it was meant to form the reality in religion that it wound up creating. The coat of mail, could have been made of links of metal or overlayed scale like plates attached to leather. It was usually a soldiers or warriors attire. God put down these people.

I interpret it sort of this way. Letting desire run your life instead of looking after your needs can cause problems. If you ate nothing but the Persimmon fruit, than you would undoubtedly die before your time. If the fruit of the tree of knowledge was wine, maybe the one they called god knew that drinking too much could cause problems. Who cares what the fruit of the tree of knowledge was, it is just a story told to portray a message of making sure to eat what you need instead of expensive things you desire.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Sounds like something a congressman or presidential candidate would say to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Kashai

Transgressions Against Mankind

1. I have not committed murder, neither have I bid any one to slay on my behalf;

2. I have not committed rape, neither have I forced any one to commit fornication;

3. I have not avenged myself, nor have I burned with rage;

4. I have not caused terror, nor have I worked affliction;

5. I have caused none to feel pain, nor have I worked grief;

6. I have done neither harm nor ill, nor I have caused misery;

7. I have done no hurt to man, nor have I wrought harm to beasts;

8. I have made none to weep;

9. I have had no knowledge of evil, neither have I acted wickedly, nor have I wronged the people;

10. I have not stolen, neither have I taken that which does not belong to me, nor that which belongs to another, nor have I taken from the orchards, nor snatched the milk from the mouth of the babe;

11. I have not defrauded, neither I have added to the weight of the balance, nor have I made light the weight in the scales;

12. I have not laid waste the plowed land, nor trampled down the fields;

13. I have not driven the cattle from their pastures, nor have I deprived any of that which was rightfully theirs;

14. I have accused no man falsely, nor have I supported any false accusation;

15. I have spoken no lies, neither have I spoken falsely to the hurt of another;

16. I have never uttered fiery words, nor have I stirred up strife;

17. I have not acted guilefully, neither have I dealt deceitfully, nor spoken to deceive to the hurt another;

18. I have not spoken scornfully, nor have I set my lips in motion against any man;

19. I have not been an eavesdropper;

20. I have not stopped my ears against the words of Right and Truth;

21. I have not judged hastily, nor have I judged harshly;

22. I have committed no crime in the place of Right and Truth;

23. I have caused no wrong to be done to the servant by his master;

24. I have not been angry without cause;

25. I have not turned back water at its springtide, nor stemmed the flow of running water;

26. I have not broken the channel of a running water;

27. I have never fouled the water, nor have I polluted the land.

Sins

28. I have not cursed nor despised God, nor have I done that which God does abominate;

29. I have not vexed or angered God;

30. I have not robbed God, nor have I filched that which has been offered in the temples;

31. I have not added unto nor have I diminished the offerings which are due;

32. I have not purloined the cakes of the gods;

33. I have not carried away the offerings made unto the blessed dead;

34. I have not disregarded the season for the offerings which are appointed;

35. I have not turned away the cattle set apart for sacrifice;

36. I have not thwarted the processions of the god;

37. I have not slaughtered with evil intent the cattle of the god;

Personal Transgressions

38. I have not acted guilefully nor have I acted in insolence;

39. I have not been overly proud, nor have I behaved myself with arrogance;

40. I have never magnified my condition beyond what was fitting;

41. Each day have I labored more than was required of me;

42. My name has not come forth to the boat of the Prince

Source

Any thoughts?

While these I believe are accurate to a degree, I think it is highly suggestive that someone cannot make a mistake or has the ability to change. Do you believe that?
It also looks to me like those are stuck in time if that makes sense. It is not dynamic like reality.
edit on 26-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I consider that "thou shalt not rape", should have been included in the Ten Commandments.

"2. I have not committed rape, neither have I forced any one to commit fornication. "

From the Egyptian version. The first commandment is not to commit murder not "Thou shall not have any Gods before me".

edit on 26-1-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
First I'd like to explain that my starting point of this reply is a generalisation of the apologists views on Genesis in that in the first instance the excuse is that it's metaphor, something the answers so far are alluding to. In the second instance they claim that this drivel is the word of God but has by various means been corrupted.

However I am about to posit that the book was written as evil and is a psyop and codex from begging to end peppered with the rantings of lunatics.

I am going to start with a little aside that will make more sense further in. Certain tribes of the indigenous of what is now the U.S.A. held that the Earth has gone through many ages.

Now to slightly contradict myself, yes there is metaphor but it does not mean what you think it means. I find the Bible a deeply misogynistic and homoerotic book and we'll start right at the beginning of Genesis in it's generally understood form and leaving aside the contradictions. Freud although by passed largely is actually a brilliant tool for looking at this subject. So the first man was created from dust, here straight away according to Uncle Freud we have the infantile in man denying his parents sexuality but not for the reasons he thought. Back in more ancient belief systems the woman was often looked upon with awe and oft times a little fear and I believe that, as the point is more general than an individuals emotional problems, it has more to do with a jerk circle of priests regretting women having the power to create life. Maternal envy. The power disappointment of the male homoerotic narcissist.

Next we have the male being penetrated in order to create the life form Woman, the rib being torn out as some symbolic infant. Here we have the merging of the maternal envy with a vaginal envy, the penetration and the life issuing properties stolen by the priesthood and ascribed to the male. The woman's maternalism and sexuality stolen by a narcissistic male society.

As part of that maternal tradition women would pass on cultural history through lullabies, tribal stories etc. More often than not in the realms of the unconscious and subconscious mind. As part of trying to allude to that and the idea of an extant objective moral base (Manchester Uni in the UK is doing some fantastic work in this field), I put it to people that baby traces his mother through her scent asks for food without the ridiculous and evil notion that the child is a sinner and is fed. Then as stated at a later stage the child would hear lullabies and folk tales in the oral tradition that set the base for their identity both personally and culturally and in these formative years the nursing female sets the child's idea of right and wrong.

This is where the story of keeping away from the woman that would give you knowledge of your own cultural roots and begin to give you the base of the difference between right and wrong. The "Tree Of Knowledge" in this case is your own anthropological and cultural roots so this story is the basis of cultural Genocide, a Genocide continued by our friend Noah.

There was no World wide flood. So this is a metaphor for the cultural destruction of anybody not them. Your tribe built this and that, no matter they were all swept away in a flood so you are not who you thought you were you are one of us,the destruction of self identity so beloved of the torturers and 'brain washers', now provable through genetics as preposterous, for being evil.
We are all the offspring of Noah and the Inbreds (chart toppers in the Bronze Age apparently). If such a genetic bottleneck had occurred this species would not exist. Period. So the flood is the denoument of the cultural Genocide begun with the Adam and Eve story.

The snake is not so easy to tie down but the fact that the medical profession uses it in it's symbolism could give a clue as the first doctors were priests involved in the witchcraft of casting out demons and casting spells over the 'patient', this I believe to be tied to the problems of genital and other physical and mental mutilations and the presentation of religious voodoo as a panacea for problems caused by very real physical damage caused by the assault of monotheism.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

TheDualityExperience

While these I believe are accurate to a degree, I think it is highly suggestive that someone cannot make a mistake or has the ability to change. Do you believe that?
It also looks to me like those are stuck in time if that makes sense. It is not dynamic like reality.

I will expand further on my thoughts. I hope the jizz bucket is ready for this.

If god is an ever expanding awareness just as the human perception is and then if a human/eyes makes some laws at one stage/level of this awareness and the awareness grows/expands, then humans need to either

1. Make more laws to cope with the changing dynamic which is restricting the box...Creating an inverse effect (involution)closing or restricting perception and awareness inside

2. Alter the original laws that worked fine to suit this new found awareness

Now if humans take option one, then they will repeat the same cycles as it has not allowed for expanding awareness.
If we take option two we can expand, thrive and start creating "new" cycles, ones that work or everyone including the plants animals insects and of course mother Earth.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
the first mention of the creation of man, is really not the creation of man. it's the creation of adam. before you say, well doh, adam was a man. realize that the text says,

and so elohim (a plural word) created adam (a plural word) male and female, in the image of elohim (a plural word).

so now we have a bunch of male and female elohim copies running around, who are called adam. some say this means the copied elohim were hermaphrodites having male and female body parts all in one body, but the text says THEY and THEM, not he, not it, not she, but they as in more than one. so either that's more than one hermaphrodite or there were male and female elohim copies.

but wait, there's more. now fast forward, and we have the first human being. her name is eve. she's a female adam that's about to be changed into a human being by the serpent. the serpent is dna. her dna was modified, so that she could procreate with the male adam. before this, the adam males and females didn't procreate. they were copied. no reproduction. more like cloning.

"to know" meant to have sex, to procreate. so the tree of knowledge is that part of inheritable dna responsible for procreation.

the serpent's legs were removed as a form of punishment -- this is the description of the modification of that part of dna that use to unzip so that it could be replicated. dna replication it looks like a serpent with 2 legs. the removal of this replication section removed full body regeneration from the adam genome, which included the female adam named eve, and the male adam named simply adam.

edit on 26-1-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As Sigmund Freud made clear, "sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar". Snakes are animals that eat animals that carry diseases, so why blame animals that due to their role in the food chain do this?????

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Kashai
As Sigmund Freud made clear, "sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar". Snakes are animals that eat animals that carry diseases, so why blame animals that due to their role in the food chain do this?????

sometimes a tree is not a tree.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Kashai

Bacteria is also essential for the human digestive system.
People go ewwwww bacteria get me in a bubble quick lol

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I feel, as I have already mentioned that eating of the "tree of knowledge of good and evil", relates to cannibalism.

A problem that existed when the book was written.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Kashai
reply to post by undo

I feel, as I have already mentioned that eating of the "tree of knowledge of good and evil", relates to cannibalism.

Perhaps the switch to eating meat is what caused the bacteria to become part of our system as we evolved? Interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sounds like the Maker desired to keep Adam and Eve in ignorance of Good and Evil, and the snake spoke the truth.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Kashai
reply to post by undo

and adam KNEW eve and she begat

lol are you saying adam ATE eve and she begat ?

lol lol

puts a whole new spin on the fall narrative.

if cannabalism, how'd she give birth AFTER she was eaten?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

Modern day dogs and eat food from garbage cans and survive (they have enzymes designed for this very purpose).

It sounds more like mankind, in relation to evolution was never designed to be a scavenger.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thank you for this post K, today is just full of surprises.

I think the eating of flesh is where the paradox begun.
From that moment on our species has evolved requiring 'bacteria' to survive.
If I now expand on the macrocosm, it is clear this is why humans have played a cancer/bacteria role to ourselves. We are just emulating the microcosm.

We have the chance to observe this and change this and hopefully reset the system to its original design or as close as possible
What is done is done and the past cannot be changed only forgotten and remembered for the purpose of forgetting and moving forward.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am not at all implying that Adam ate Eve as clearly in Genesis was Cain able to interact sexually another culture after killing Abel. -hum

A culture considered sub-human.

Gee....how were they created as in they were also animals.

What did Adam name them???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join