It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 1

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ok so here is the story in brief....

God tell Adam not to eat of the fruit from the tree of knowledge and evil. One day he does and God shows up demanding why Adam did that. Adam explains that Eve told him it was ok and Eve blames a Snake which it was explained earlier was possessed by the Devil.

God responds by punishing Adam and Eve but God also punishes the snake, why????

The snake was possessed by Lucifer (in the story) so why does God take away. Not only the possessed snakes legs off but also, the legs every other snake on Earth???

What did all the snakes on Earth do wrong???

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Just my thought but it sounds like anyone who tried to blame someone else was found responsible?
What do you think?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
god also punishes every woman thereafter to painful labour.
maybe to teachremind every woman and snake not to do it again.
as for men, they were punished with itchy beards.

edit on 26-1-2014 by taoistguy because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

imho, its the story that symbolize our psychology
left side of the brain (fruit of knowledge)
right side of the brain (fruit of life)
spinal cord (snake of eden)

mastering the two sides of the brain = immortality?

anyway im just guessing only hahaha

i prefer gnostic version, it is like fantasy horror story. it gives solid foundation for fict writers

Note: dont take those OT bible stories seriously!

peace

edit on 26-1-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

taoistguy

Haha, I had a good chuckle about the beard

It sounds plausible

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

My impression is that the snake's in this representation were somehow blamed for something they had nothing to do with.

Snakes are an important part of the food chain and along with bats, cats and rats.

Honestly, if you are God do you blame an animal for what humans have done???

If a weak animal should be punished that what about a weak (disease) human??

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

TheDualityExperience

taoistguy

Haha, I had a good chuckle about the beard

It sounds plausible

the best interpretation of genesis 1 prob

peace

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i think trees and apples got off too easy.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Kashai
God responds by punishing Adam and Eve but God also punishes the snake, why????

The snake was possessed by Lucifer (in the story) so why does God take away. Not only the possessed snakes legs off but also, the legs every other snake on Earth???

What did all the snakes on Earth do wrong???

You remember reading about the Scope's Monkey Trial, right? Scopes was a schoolteacher who taught evolution in the schools and was brought to trial over it (This was planned, btw). William Jennings Bryan was the prosecutor and Clarence Darrow was for the defense. Darrow was asking Bryan if he took the Bible literally, and Bryan admitted that he did. Darrow asked Bryan if the Adam and Eve story were true, and Bryan allowed that it was. Darrow asked if it were literally true that God punished the snake by removing the legs off all snakes. Again, Bryan said it was a literal story. So then Darrow asked,

"How do you suppose the snakes got around in the first place?"

which was greeted by laughter in the courthouse. The reason being, since apparently you need it spelled out for you, snakes have never had a problem getting around and have never had legs in the first place. God did no such thing. The story is not even meant to be taken literally.

Bryan was completely humiliated at the trial, where Scopes actually got off on a technicality, and Bryan died just a few days later of "exhaustion" and complications from diabetes.

Scopes actually wrote a book about the trial, which I have read, where you can get some details about the trial not found elsewhere. It's called Center of the Storm

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Kashai

My impression is that the snake's in this representation were somehow blamed for something they had nothing to do with.

Snakes are an important part of the food chain and along with bats, cats and rats.

Honestly, if you are God do you blame an animal for what humans have done???

If a weak animal should be punished that what about a weak (disease) human??

It also sounds like each of them had in their own mind decided something different and felt justified in their actions.
I do not think God is into the blame game but people are.

edit on 26-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

The "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" could also have been about Cannibalism and as much of Genesis discusses what one cannot eat.

The idea of eating ones ancestors because they wanted to be more like them was an issue in human history.

In effect though Genesis 1 presents God as guilty of what we today would call a crime. As blaming all snakes for what happened implies that snakes should have known better that to allow Satan to posses one of them.

But from a perspective they were perhaps too weak.

It's really weird because implied is that snakes posses a collective consciousness and allowed this event and so were blamed.

Another way of looing at it is the this is a story about how cultures in those ancient times felt about disease.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
On a scale of one to ten, snakes have scales.

Some people long ago wore clothing that looked like serpent skin, I think they called it mail or something. Their helmets had some odd shapes. Was the man depicted as the serpent one of these people. I can't remember if they were Egyptian or whatever.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Snakes clearly lost there legs as a result of Evolution....

THE GIST

- Snakes lost their legs by growing them more slowly or for a shorter period of time until the legs eventually disappeared.

- Legs on snakes likely disturbed some form of movement, such as burrowing, rendering the legs useless.

- It's now believed that snakes either evolved from a lizard that burrowed on land or swam in the ocean.

Some, if not all, snakes used to have legs, and now new research suggests snakes lost their limbs by growing them more slowly or for a shorter period of time.

The research, outlined in the latest issue of the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, strengthens the belief that snakes evolved from a lizard that either burrowed on land or swam in the ocean.

Source

Not because God decided that Snakes are weak and susceptible to possession more than say Cows or even Horses.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

are you saying adam and eve had ancestors?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by Kashai

are you saying adam and eve had ancestors?

No I am saying that the "Adam an Eve story" was then "poster child", for what was then considered a necessary evil, this being killing people who were weak.

I mean if that "snake" was considered weak, what about human weaknesses?????

Blaming an species for succumbing to possession presents that the species is inherently weak.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I'm thinking that the whole thing was put in Genesis to tell people not to trust the people who wore the Serpent skin clothing. After all, the writer of Genesis was Moses and he led his people out of the clutches of the Egyptians. I think that he was trying to straighten out the people who were hooked on the chemistry of the Egyptians, working their whole lives to get certain foods that attracted them. These old cultures used attractant chemistry to make people work, this is not new. They used to rot sardines and dry down the glutamate into crystals like salt. This was one of the first homemade attractants. Some fruits really got people attracted to them those days also as did some spices. It took Moses 40 years to rid his people of this addiction. Another words, some foods make you high and force dependence on the people.

This is a real story, it just got a little messed up and interpreted wrongly. Why, because some still use this chemistry to control the masses. The interpretation of this has been changed. Everyone is believing the interpretation that tptb have made.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

that god is at fault for making creatures not perfect enough?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I read from some source and find that they were the first jews
and that makes all of us, technically, jews

peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

so at the time of adam and eve there were people wearing snakeskin?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

um...nothing really to say to that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join