It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiots and their 4x4 Trucks and Winter.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with ripping it up in your 4x4 with one exception. Leave the residential neighborhoods to the residents. I have no respect for anybody who would tear up the streets for little more than showing their own ass.

I live in Texas, and I absolutely love when we get snow. I drive a 3x2/1, and after experiencing a little of the white stuff in my area in mid November, I believe I have one of the safest winter vehicles to be had in the respects of handling and maneuverability. I made the mistake of venturing out in my 71 model Torino, and will never attempt that again. It is virtually uncontrollable. Now I just bundle to the best of my gear's abilities, and trounce around in the Ural.

I avoid other vehicles at all cost. I cut the paths in the fresh powder, and I get my running about done before societal dregs shake off their hangovers enough to get into their 4x4's and show some ass.

After all, it is their insurance that goes up, and not mine.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Bobaganoosh
I see nothing wrong with ripping it up in your 4x4 with one exception. Leave the residential neighborhoods to the residents. I have no respect for anybody who would tear up the streets for little more than showing their own ass.

I live in Texas, and I absolutely love when we get snow. I drive a 3x2/1, and after experiencing a little of the white stuff in my area in mid November, I believe I have one of the safest winter vehicles to be had in the respects of handling and maneuverability. I made the mistake of venturing out in my 71 model Torino, and will never attempt that again. It is virtually uncontrollable. Now I just bundle to the best of my gear's abilities, and trounce around in the Ural.

I avoid other vehicles at all cost. I cut the paths in the fresh powder, and I get my running about done before societal dregs shake off their hangovers enough to get into their 4x4's and show some ass.

After all, it is their insurance that goes up, and not mine.

Excellent post and I fully agree with you, on a side note, do you actually own a 71 Torino (Starsky and Hutch) mobile?

Good on you for keeping it parked and safe in the winter months.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Iwinder
reply to post by InTheLight

so I attempted to make a left-hand turn from the one lane I was in, all the while a guy in a 4X4 pickup leaning on his horn. It just makes me wonder if there is some sort of perceived persona that goes along with owning and aggressively driving a 4x4 'big' pickup truck; (Ram tough?).

We concur here, Ram tough, Ford tough, GMC/ Chevy tough it's all a smog intended to make you feel safe.

Regards, Iwinder

Well, being a petite woman then I want one too...yeah, to feel safe. LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

This is a very late note, I realize, but I'm a first time owner of a Ford F350 4x4, 6.0L, '05 model. I used to shake my head and wonder at the crazies that drove those locomotive engine powered, get-ya-to-the-market with tons of smoke trucks and now I wonder how the heck I got along without it. I've used the 4x4 feature numerous times since we bought this truck last year. I guess we just stayed home when things got muddy - or used to. Would love to see some mud out here in West Texas again - SOOON!

I've had to drive my daughter in to town, 20 miles, a couple of times this winter when it was nothing but a sheet of ice on the roads and, sure enough, there were always the dumb-sh**s that make it dangerous for everyone on the road trying to get around me every time. That truck in 4WD will climb every hill we have around here, ice or no ice, as long as you take it slow and steady. B. F. Goodrich T/A K/Os can take a lot of the credit for this but 8400 pounds pressing down on them helps a lot, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join