It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pinal County Sheriff Deputy kills Manuel Longoria while Longoria's hands are raised in the air.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

ChuckNasty
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Anyone part of the good ol' boy system gets off lightly. Everyone knows that.

But there are those who go against the good ol' boy system that gets F'd over. That cop last year, the one who went on a killing spree, he got burned to death in his cabin. At that time, he was truly no threat to anyone but himself.

We all can give stories and situations all day long. It won't fix the true underlying problem.

Are you being sarcastic here?
When that happened there were two menaces. The ex cop killing anyone cop related, but even worse the boys in blue who were pumping cars full of lead shooting 4 innocent people in their frenzy. Cops sure only get off their butts if its another cop that's in danger (and they kill and injure innocent people while they do it).

Probably some good evidence of how corrupt and terrible police have gotten there too.

A cop tries to out corruption and abuse by another cop - instead of being listened to he is fired by other corrupt cops. he goes mad and starts killing cops and cop families - the cops go on a manhunt and end up shooting 4 or 5 innocent people that didn't in anyway match the ex cops description - when they find the ex cop they burn him alive instead of trying to capture him , on purpose of course.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Deputy shot dead helping motorist

And this folks is WHY cops are on edge....... there are a lot of these cases as well, try your best to understand this following statement:

It is dangerous out there nowadays...

Even sitting in an office like I do, I'm armed. Why? Because while we don't ask people to disarm if they are legally allowed to carry, we have to be able to defend ourselves..hmmm

I guess only civilians should have that right by your thinking..

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And of course the other sid eof the coin that the OP and detractors DO NOT want anyone to ever read about:

10 Cops Caught Red Handed Making the World a Better Place

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

All that yet you can't find 3 examples of normal citizens getting a comprable sentence as those cops you help out

Imagine that

I rest my case

Good luck in your fantasy
edit on pm120143104America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jan 2014 16:18:33 -0600_1000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

I have shown where they do, in 3 separate cases here in Connecticut that police got very harsh sentences, I've also stated that you should look up that State charges are only the beginning for a cop, they face Federal investigations and charges that take years to complete.. But you are ignoring all of that and focusing on a few cases.

You also don't seem to understand Judges do not impose sentence, the JURY does,, a judge only has the right to VACATE the verdict if he feels the Jury is just making some sort of statement contrary to justice, but of course that also is odd that you ignore that fact.

And, on top of the criminal charges cops normally face huge civil lawsuits for their actions or inactions..

You are the one that is living in the fantasy world if you think all of that doesn't matter..

Now if you excuse me, I need to pack for my next assignment, on the roof of the world, next stop Barrow, AK..

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

What? Still no examples?

Lol be on your way to help out the next skumbag

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Another_Nut
reply to post by vkey08

What? Still no examples?

Lol be on your way to help out the next skumbag

Most of the secondary stuff isn't reported in the news as it takes place months/years after the original incident, I'm sure if you actually cared to look, I'm not your librarian, you could find them..

I do have a job , and am a single parent I can't be sitting here scouring the interwebz for links for you when I know that you are capable of using google and not just relying on one aggrating site to get your info from..

Btw: the last scuzbag I helped was an ordinary citizen who came to my office looking for assistance dealing with an unjust termination.. Because she was pregnant.. A civil rights issue, you know that stuff apparently noone ever helps normal people with, I'll let the woman know as she's filling out some paperwork that you think she' s a suczball.
edit on 3112014 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Of course not.. because they don't.
Citizens lose their whole lives after a crime, cops get paid vacations.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Really.. it's not reported? You don't think a cop getting a severe (and equal) punishment wouldn't be big news.

Hell, it's big news when they get the rinky dink sentences they do (rarely) get.

Remember that serial killer cop that tied the two girls up in the woods and they got out and he confessed to his sergeant that he did a bad thing? I still think it was a while before anyone caught on he was a serial killer.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Haha so what. A lot more cops shooting citizens dead than cops getting killed.

Remember the undercover cop that pulled a gun on a guy on a motorcycle not knowing the guy was wearing a camera on his helmet.

You think cops are on edge, trust me, civilians are equally on edge when they see those lights behind them and they have more of a reason to be.

What's more likely at a stop the cop getting shot, or the one being pulled over? (rhetorical again).

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
The grab incident was one of MANY cases.
One of many that you and some others are attempting to use but failing because you refuse to use the crimes they were charged with. You don't seem to understand you have to use the charges and not your personal opinion. The sooner you comprehend that.....

GogoVicMorrow
Explain the Wisconsin trooper who despite raping and sexually assault dozens for over 5 years (while the whole dept knew) was only given 2 years and not put on the sex offenders list because they charged him minimally?
* - Please provde a link to the source so I know what you are referencing. If its the incident where 6 Milwaukee officers were performing illegal body cavity searches then, again, you are wrong and misrepresenting facts. Those officers have been charged with performing illegal body cavity searches.

If its not the one you are referring, then provide a source link.

GogoVicMorrow
Or Kelly Thomas's being beat to death while he screamed for his daddy. He wasnt recognizable as a human after that. Those cops got off Scott free.

Death of Kelly Thomas - Wiki - Bottom of page - list of all sources for this incident
* - September 2011, the officers involved were arrested on murder charges.

* - In June 2012 Michael Reeves, a former employee of the Slidebar Rock-N-Roll Kitchen, filed a lawsuit for wrongful termination against Jeremy Popoff related to the beating.[56][57] The Slidebar, which is owned by Popoff, the guitarist for Lit,[58] was the source of the call that caused police to report to the area and confront Thomas.[20] Reeves, a bouncer at the establishment, made statements to investigators claiming the Slidebar had a policy to do "anything necessary" to keep loiterers out of the area and that his manager lied about Thomas breaking into cars when calling the police to get them to respond more quickly.[59] He further claims that Thomas was only loitering in the area that night and not causing trouble. Soon after making statements to investigators about what he saw that night he claims his managers were "furious at him for it" and slowly started taking away his responsibilities, culminating with his firing two months later.[59] Reeves also claims that Popoff wanted everyone working at the Slidebar to act as if the "Slidebar had nothing to do" with the beating of Thomas and his refusal to echo these statements is the chief reason why he was fired.

* - On January 13, 2014, former Fullerton police Officer Manuel Ramos was acquitted of second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in the 2011 death of Thomas. Former Cpl. Jay Cicinelli was acquitted of involuntary manslaughter and excessive use of force.[70]

Blame the jury for finding them not guilty. They were charged appropriately and stood trial. Also, quit giving examples if you aren't going to take the time to investigate the entire incident. Trying to prove a failed point by using incidents that don't support your positions is just annoying now.
* - Same statute for all / same sentence for all / same ability to credit time served per SCOTUS rulings. No special treatment for the police.

GogoVicMorrow
Or the fact that grants killer is already out of jail after less than 2 years.
* - Already answered but you apparently didn't bother to read the post.
BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant - Wiki - Bottom of page are links to all resources for this incident
* - The officer was charged with 1st degree murder. Defense challenged the charge in court, noting the prosecution failed to meet its burden to sustain the charge. The jury was allowed to convict on either 2nd degree murder, voluntary manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter.
* - Bystander video used against the officer was also used to dismantle prosecutions case of 1st murder.
* - Officer was found guilty by the jury of involuntary manslaughter.
* - CA law - Involuntary manslaughter allows a base line sentence of 3 years. The statute allows for aggravating / mitigating circumstances to be considered, which if mitigating the sentence min is 2 years and if aggravating the sentence is 4 years.
* - Officer was sentenced to 2 years in prison. He was given credit x2 for time already served during the trial. that equated to him being sentenced for 11 months.
* - Same statute for all / same sentence for all / same ability to credit time served per SCOTUS rulings. No special treatment for the police.

GogoVicMorrow
Or the d.c. police murdering that mother after she accidentally passed an unguarded checkpoint and was hunted down after trying to leave.
* - You should read the facts instead of using your opinon. She was involved in a 30 minute pursuit, attempted to breach the White House checkpoint, and when officers swarmed the car, she attempted to move the vehicle. An officer discharged his weapon due to the imminent threat to the public / officers in the immediate vicinity.

GogoVicMorrow
Or the officer that shot the burned victim. He was burned head to toe and in shock. The officer shot him because he was afraid the man would touch him with his burned flesh.
Please provide a link or name of the person involved so I can find the story you are referencing.

GogoVicMorrow
Or thw officers that killed the two car crash victims seeking help?

* - This one?
Police Officer Shoots, Kills Unarmed Victim of Car Crash

“Our investigation has shown that officer Kerrick did not have a lawful right to discharge his weapon during this encounter,” a police statement reads. Kerrick has been charged with the voluntary manslaughter of the unarmed man. Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Chief Rodney Monroe has apologized to the victim's family for the policeman's actions.

2nd grand jury indicts officer in shooting of ex-FAMU football player
* - in typical fashion you invoke an incident that has not even gone to trial yet. Why am I not surprised?
* - If you do not know how a grand jury works please read vkey08 posts as she has already explained this.

GogoVicMorrow
The officers who saw a kid in a field, walking by himself with an airsoft rifle and shot him dead.
* - Once again you failed to read / understand.
* - Report on killing of California teen sent to DA
* - The report was sent to the DA on January 30th 2014 for review and possible charges.

GogoVicMorrow
The officer that killed the deaf woods who had a carving knife.

* - Seattle Officer Resigns Over Shooting Of Woodcarver
* - Pay attention because this is one incident I described a few pages back detailing how police investigations work, where you can be within policy but in violation of the law or in violation of policy yet within the law.
* - He was terminated as a Seeattle Officer because the departments IA investigation found the officer violated department policy when he discharged his weapon.
* - That action effectively removes civil protection from lawsuits most officers have in performance of their duties.
* - The PA declined charges because there review found no law was violated.

GogoVicMorrowI could literally list forever.

* - Every list you have provided / referenced has been refuted as they don't support your claim - That law enforcement are held to different laws / standards / punishments.

Every list you give will result in the same thing - Your inability to use logic while being blinded by hatred for law enforcement while trying to use incidents in a vague manner with no reference in hopes others will just take your word for it. I don't do that, I will research your examples and will reply with the info that undermines your claim (which thus far every example you gave has been wrong).

What you did here goes against the claim you are making. You are consistently stating Law Enforcement receives lighter punishment than the public. All the examples you gave either showed the officers were charged using the same statutes / criteria applied to civilians

OR it has not gone to trial / completed trial yet

OR they were found guilty and received prison sentences.

If you are going to rattle of a list to demonstrate how officers are treated "differently" then may I suggest you read your sources because its blatantly obvious you did not before attempting to use them.

Secondly how about you start linking your "examples" back to a source document. Making a claim without specific info / link to references suggests you are trying to use info to prove your point while keeping the claims purposely vague so you cant be called out on it when you misrepresent the facts / stories - like you did in the list you gave above.

GogoVicMorrow
If any went to jail (2 in that list) they sont around a quarter or less of a civilians sentence and didnt lose half as much.

Blatantly false - You would know that had you read your sources.
* - Same statute for all / same sentence for all / same ability to credit time served per SCOTUS rulings specific to each jurisdiction. No special treatment for the police.

I look forward to your next list.
Please provide a link to 2 of the references you made above so I can demonstrate that you are misrepresenting facts from those 2 cases.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Another_Nut
Good on you for at least admitting that cops get off lighter

they don't and no matter how long you and the others continually make this statement the fact remains its not supported by the evidence. Ignoring the facts because you don't like / understand them does not invalidate them.

Another_Nut
@ the two apologists

Ah yes - more name calling.

Another_Nut
If children are different the please go to my link

Provide the link directly to the source you are trying to use. Its not that hard to do on this site.

Another_Nut
Scroll down to

Socal cop get 3 years for sexually assaulting 14 year olD

This one?
Instructor Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault On 14-year-old Girl At Hoover High School In Glendale

Glendale police arrested a man Wednesday after allegations surfaced that he sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl on the Hoover High School campus in Glendale. Delvon Jackson, an instructor for a public safety class offered as part of L.A. County’s Regional Occupational Program, is being held on two counts of sexual assault on a minor, according to a Glendale Police Department press release.

* - He is not a police officer -

Jackson allegedly led people to believe he was a former Inglewood police officer, police said. Jackson was once a part-time parking control employee for the City of Inglewood, but he was never a police officer for Inglewood or any other police agency, according to police.

Another_Nut
See how your just wrong yet?
I don't because I am not wrong. However keep providing the examples as they don't support your claims and only undermine your position.

Another_Nut
First it's huge sentence because its a child

Until that child is assaulted by an officer

Then its business as usual

Cop 3 years vs coach life

LATimes - Glendale instructor pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting minor
* - What did the prosecution ask for in terms of bail?

During Monday's proceedings, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Frederick Rotenberg reduced Jackson’s bail from $1 million to $400,000, the amount recommended by prosecutors.

Important part - pay attention -

If Jackson is convicted of the lewd-acts charges, he could be sentenced to up to five years in state prison.

If being the key word - Has this gone to trial yet? From what I see no, it has not. his most recent court appearance was December 15th, where the victims were to continue their testimony.

Another_Nut
Both children

Time to move those goal posts again

They haven't moved. the only thing that has moved in this thread is your and others instance on trying to use information that is out of date / doesn't support your claims. As I noted in my other post, start linking to your sources instead of being vague. The lack of information only supports my argument that you guys just do not understand what you are talking about.

That can be easily rectified if you guys would spend some time researching and understand that the laws, and not your personal opinions, are whats being used.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

Of course not.. because they don't.
Citizens lose their whole lives after a crime, cops get paid vacations.

Support this accusation with facts please.

Try using examples that have not already been debunked in your previous posts.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by vkey08

Really.. it's not reported? You don't think a cop getting a severe (and equal) punishment wouldn't be big news.

Hell, it's big news when they get the rinky dink sentences they do (rarely) get.

Remember that serial killer cop that tied the two girls up in the woods and they got out and he confessed to his sergeant that he did a bad thing? I still think it was a while before anyone caught on he was a serial killer.

Please provide sources that shows every single police officer at all levels of government have done what you are suggesting above.

If you cant find articles for all officers at all levels of government, please explain to us why that is, using facts, laws, investigation results and official PA actions.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
Haha so what. A lot more cops shooting citizens dead than cops getting killed.

hyp·o·crit·i·cal [hip-uh-krit-i-kuhl]

adjective

1. of the nature of hypocrisy, or pretense of having virtues, beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually possess: The parent who has a “do what I say and not what I do” attitude can appear hypocritical to a child.

2. possessing the characteristics of hypocrisy: Isn't a politician hypocritical for talking about human dignity while voting against reasonable social programs?

= quit feigning concern over perceived law enforcement actions when you yourself utilize the same mindset you accuse law enforcement of having.

GogoVicMorrow
Remember the undercover cop that pulled a gun on a guy on a motorcycle not knowing the guy was wearing a camera on his helmet.

Do you mean this one, where the cop was charged, tried and convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison?
Ottawa Hills officer gets 10 years for shooting biker - 2010
www.northwestohio.com... - 2012
* - Allowed to be out on bail pending appeals review by Ohio Supreme Court. An action that is applied to all in the state of Ohio and not just law enforcement.

Guess what you failed to do. You once again used an example that does not support your claims.
Ohio Supreme Court - Case #2013-0109

Case: 2013-0109 Jurisdictional Appeal
Filed: 01/18/13

State of Ohio v. Thomas Caine White

when was the latest action on this case -

01/23/14: Granted; amicus curiae shall share the time allotted to appellee

again, research your sources before making claims that are not supported by the incidents you are trying to use.

GogoVicMorrow
You think cops are on edge, trust me, civilians are equally on edge when they see those lights behind them and they have more of a reason to be.

Please support your claim that all law enforcement at all levels are out to kill civilians.

GogoVicMorrow
What's more likely at a stop the cop getting shot, or the one being pulled over? (rhetorical again).

It depends on the driver of the vehicle being stopped and what his actions are during the stop. You fail to realize that a traffic stop is a temporary seizure under the 4th amendment and as such their freedom of movement is restricted. This is a reason you will see some of the instances you are trying to use where in fact the officer committed no crime.

I cannot stress this enough. You guys have no idea what you are talking about, you don't understand how the government works, you don't understand how laws / court rulings work, you refuse to recognize that law violations require a person to break elements established by the legislature. That means if an officer performs an illegal body cavity search, and the state, MN, in question does in fact have a statute for illegal body cavity searches by police, they are charged with violating that law. they cannot be charged with rape / sexual assault because of the laws in MN.

you guys cannot ignore the statutes and substitute your own opinion while ignoring anything you don't like.

You also must go beyond just posting news article showing the initial incident while ignoring everything that comes after it / refusing to look at what comes after it because it doesn't support your false claims.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You guys have not demonstrated one instance where, as you claim, law enforcement was treated differently during criminal proceedings.

You guys have not demonstrated one incident to show officers get lighter sentences than a civilian would.

The examples provided by you guys don't even remotely come close to supporting the accusation. instead they are incidents where the officer was sent to prison or the cases are still pending, which if pending it means there is no resolution, meaning you cant use an incomplete process to support a false claim.

All you guys have done is link to articles that show initial incidents involving police, while bashing away at them with uninformed opinions and a stunning display of willful ignorance by not doing your due diligence and actually learning how the government, law enforcement and the judicial system operate.

You guys have consistently showed you do not understand each state has its own laws / criteria, as does the federal government. You guys don't understand what primary jurisdiction is, separate sovereigns, 42 USC 1983, Garrity Rights or how criminal investigations and prosecutions work.

You accuse law enforcement of acting outside the law. Im not sure what's worse, accusing a cop of working outside the law or citizens trying to claim they are because they were to lazy / blinded by hatred of all law enforcement to educate themselves on the very topic they want to speak as an expert on.

How exactly can you hold someone accountable when you don't know what that accountability is based on or required?

If you cannot / do not understand basic government 101, then you have absolutely no moral ability to claim an action is illegal or that law enforcement is afforded special privileges / rights.

Stop bashing, learn and educate yourself.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
After reviewing the OP video, I realized its not the entire length.

Here is the full video showing what occurred at the end of the pursuit and what occurred up to the point of being shot and killed for his continued movements after being ordered not to.

That pesky legal term people ignore is called totality of circumstances. You must take the entire incident, from start to finish, into account. You cannot cherry pick the info you like and ignore the info that doesn't support the cop bashing you guys like to do.

** WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT NEAR END OF VIDEO **

Question - For video below
Did this officer commit a crime based on the suspects actions and the officers actions? the first segment of the video will show camera 1. At midpoint of video it resets and shows camera 2, secondary unit in the pursuit.
** WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT **

When the video was initially released people accused the officers of murdering an unarmed person by shooting him in the back. It was not until the 2nd cam footage was released that is showed something entirely different.

My point is just because you are seeing something on camera does not mean you are seeing everything going on. You are viewing the video and basing your opinion off information that can be completely different than a person viewing the same incident from another point of view.

in the OP case you are watching the video from a distance to the back right. What are the officers seeing who are in direct line of sight and behind a vehicle? Hint - from the video vantage you can see what the guy is doing.

Now, look at the same situation by placing yourself in the officers viewpoint, where the cover they are behind could be masking the actions we see in the op video- That would include the action of the suspect turning around and moving to his left. An action that could be difficult to see in its entirety because of what's in between the officers and the suspect.

Less lethal failed - twice.
You have an officer to the right who was exposed from deploying less lethal.
You have the suspect beginning to move around.

Question -
Officer exposed to the right armed with less lethal and you are behind the vehicle. Taking into account the suspects actions and claims up to this point, is the life of the less lethal officer in jeopardy based on the movement / actions of the suspect?

absolutely.
was deadly force justified? Absolutely.

What you and others are ignoring is the very first act of deadly force was committed by the suspect when he began ramming police units. The use of deadly force is the highest point on subject resistance control (use of force).

There is nothing higher than the officers could escalate to. The course of action, when deadly force is present, is to stop the threat. The minimum amount of force law enforcement could have used in this case was deadly force.

De-escalation of the incident rested solely with the suspect. He chose poorly.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

@ second video absolutely justified he was obviously armed and pointingsaid weapon ( and it looks like he fired a shot)

@first video absolutely unjustified he obviously had no weapon and only pointed his finger

Still waiting on examples of citizens getting the same sentences as an officer

You two can provide all this stuff but it seems you still can't find 3 examples to my request

Wonder why?

Eta see how in the first vid his hands were up back turned with no weapon. No different angle will change that.

Now who is comparing apples to oranges?
edit on pm120143109America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jan 2014 21:53:09 -0600_1u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by catt3

Im not a "Cop Hater" but that is wrong!!!! He had his hands up and back to the police officer!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes thats exactly my point. They were charged with illegal cavity searches. But first they dont even have legal ones. In that state those searches can only be done by a medical professional with a warrant. Now the definition of rape BY LAW which you stand by is the unwanted and forced penetration of the vagina or anus. Doesnt matter what with penis, finger, or broom. Also he did it so forcefully that it caused rectal bleeding in several of the victims (and he didnt use gloves in all cases).

So of course, and proving my point yet again, he received lighter charges. He got illegal cavity search.. there is no legal cavity search. There was no reason of him to do it. So what was his motive? It is by definition rape and at the very least sexual assault. He held these people down and raped them, he fingered them while subdued and did tinting least one person while another officerbheld a gun to their head.

So tell me.. why was he charged with a lesser offense when a normal civilian wi kid have been charged with rape or sexualnassault?

You may come up with some words and call them an excuse because you won't admit you are wrong, but you and I both know why.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join