It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Dem Congressman Gives Credence to 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I haven't seen these kind of articles in a while and thought that they just stopped putting out such nonsense because no one is buying it anymore. But now I realized that I just wasn't paying attention.

Some kooks still think reality is a conspiracy theory.

NY Dem Congressman Gives Credence to 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists

But such nonsense cannot die so long as the likes of Congressman Higgins keeps it alive and well by giving credence and legitimacy to the outlandish claims of conspiracy theorists. In so doing, Higgins sullies the memories of nearly 3,000 people who were murdered by Islamic fundamentalist terrorists on September 11, 2001.

Here's the transcript:

HOST: Let’s go to our phone calls. Mary has been waiting to talk to you from Fort Myers, Florida Democratic caller.

CALLER: Hi there I really agree with the Congressman, oh yes. I have a question though I know you’re not a building expert, but you are a U.S. representative who sits on the Homeland Security Committee. So you are responsible to the American people to respond seriously to the opinions of over two thousand building experts. We are talking national security here. There is very strong evidence for proving that 9/11 building seven was brought down by a controlled demolition people are waking up to it. Would you be willing to personally review that evidence?

HOST: Mary is part of a group out there that is skeptical of the investigation that was done of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

BRIAN HIGGINS: The 9/11 commission?

HOST: Yes the 9/11 commission skeptical of their investigation.

BRIAN HIGGINS: I have a responsibility to review all relevant information relative to that situation most certainly. Any information that is compelling that change the dynamic of the debate relative to cause and effect, I would certainly review.

edit on 26-1-2014 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

It's not just in America. People world-wide are questioning the "Official story".
It doesn't matter to the perpetrators, the deed is done.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, he basically just stated that he would review any compelling info concerning 9/11....which, I suppose is a step in the right direction. I wouldn't say he gave credence to 9/11 conspiracies though..

What concerns me the most is when in articles like this, we always see this nonsense -

In so doing, Higgins sullies the memories of nearly 3,000 people who were murdered by Islamic fundamentalist terrorists on September 11, 2001.

That BS always makes me SICK! As if seeking the truth on what exactly happened on that day and who was behind those 3,000 deaths "sullies the memories". Give me a break, the media loves to try and switch the tables and force GUILT on the people trying to get to the bottom of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ha, I doubt this guy will review anything, He just said that to appease the caller and end the subject quickly.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wookiep
Well, he basically just stated that he would review any compelling info concerning 9/11....which, I suppose is a step in the right direction. I wouldn't say he gave credence to 9/11 conspiracies though..

What concerns me the most is when in articles like this, we always see this nonsense -

In so doing, Higgins sullies the memories of nearly 3,000 people who were murdered by Islamic fundamentalist terrorists on September 11, 2001.

That BS always makes me SICK! As if seeking the truth on what exactly happened on that day and who was behind those 3,000 deaths "sullies the memories". Give me a break, the media loves to try and switch the tables and force GUILT on the people trying to get to the bottom of it.

I can't imagine anybody taking it seriously though. As far as I'm concerned, it's statements like these that show how undefendable the official BS is.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

WeRpeons

Ha, I doubt this guy will review anything, He just said that to appease the caller and end the subject quickly.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. But I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt, who knows, maybe he will.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just looked up his "ELECTION" web site..
So basically he's seeking to be elected. Timing seems good.. nothing on my part to ad really.

If I have the correct Brian Higgins of Buffalo NY. And his web page is current.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

More nonsense
As you opening quote states. You are not allowed to even question the events of 9/11 without discracing the memories of 3000 lives

What trash! The disgrace is the 3000 people were murdered by unknown assailants and allowed to escape justice.

This man, like all those in elite circles, knows the truth.

But he also knows who pays the bills.

He will never speak to anyone about anything involving 9/11

Just another talking head

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

So your thinking he's appealing to the truther movement (god I hate labels) and is seeking their support to be victorious in the next election? By that thinking, we're assuming truthers outnumber official storiers?

Again, I hate labels, but for simplification it had to be done.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

By that thinking, we're assuming truthers outnumber official storiers

That is not the math. The math is that truthers are more politically aware and motivated to act (vote, spread the word) that any passive and docile sheeple.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If the event really was a conspiracy and the official story isn't true, and cannot be believed or accepted by any sane and rational and scientifically minded skeptic, then he would be honoring the victims and New Yorkers by vowing to investigate all the facts.

When people bring in the victims to say that no one should be asking any questions about what happened on September 11th, 2001 particularly in light of the fact that there was never a real independent investigation, then they themselves may very well be doing the victims a terrible injustice.

Shame on THEM!

edit on 26-1-2014 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Swills
reply to post by Bigburgh

So your thinking he's appealing to the truther movement (god I hate labels) and is seeking their support to be victorious in the next election? By that thinking, we're assuming truthers outnumber official storiers?

Again, I hate labels, but for simplification it had to be done.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

I've no doubt the official story is not the complete facts. And no he is not trying to appeal to truthers.. I never said that. By what I'm saying...he is trying to appeal to anyone he can. ( truthers included )

Like Obama. Did he close Guantanamo? No
Balance the budget? No
Expose Bush and Cheney on corruption? He tried. But did a 180 after a year and changed.

Mr. Higgins is a politician.
You're right if saying I don't know him personally. Maybe he does intend to get to the bottom of it. But we've all been fooled before. Once in office. They show their colors.

Edit: gave you a star. Even writing what I wrote. I and the comment I made was unintendedly snarky . Didn't want it to be that way..but I just don't trust any of them anymore. I hope I am wrong and people do start coming out of the wood works and running honestly and work an honest days work.

edit on 26-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: holy frack i hate auto spell and check!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Or maybe he mentions this because the 9/11 Commission was a whitewash and a typical cover your @$$ investigation, where if truly investigated again, would expose horrendous miscommunications, ineptitude, stupidity, beaurocratic bungling, inter-agency rivalry, and laziness on behalf all those that were suppose to keep us safe. I mean honestly would you want to be the one that screwed the pooch by forgetting to pass along an important memo because it got stuck under a pizza box in your office the night before? Admitting fault is not really a government's area of expertise. Its best to say it was no one's fault and everyone kinda screwed up but not really. Or the ever classic, "I have no recollection."

I doubt he had in mind nanothermite laced explosives with remote controlled multimillion dollar secret stealth planes and faked people, etc etc etc etc.

top topics

join