It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video footage of world's tallest waterslide is absolute insanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not your typical ATS thread topic, but I came across this clip and I felt I should share it with the rest of the ATS community. In Kansas City, they've built the tallest waterslide in the world. It's over 17 stories tall (taller than Niagra Falls) with speeds of 65 mph for those who are brave enough to try it out. As a person who doesn't do well with heights, I'm not sure I could do this, I'd like to think I'd be able to, but I'm sure I was wuss out when push came to shove...

You might have heard the rumors that Kansas City is about the receive the world's largest waterslide, but if you haven't seen the new drone-shot video.. you don't know how terrifying it's actually going to be.

The new ride, named, Verrückt, stands at 17 stories high (bigger than Niagara Falls!) and will send brave riders down the slide at 65 miles per hour (faster than my first car!). Did I mention that verrückt means "insane" in German? Because that's pretty much what this ride is going to be.

Anyways, I felt I would share this with the rest of ATS. Could you bring yourself to do this? Being in Illinois I am relatively close to KC, so I guess I will have to make the trek out there to face my fear of heights

Anyone else feel like those sides should be taller??
edit on 26-1-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Hahaha how crazy must you be to actually ride one of these.

What about these tiny tiny tiny security sides? Ahh germans, maybe are they preparing another genocide? A fun one this time.

Sorry, this ride's not for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
AWWW, you mean we don't get to see it work? Foul!

It says "you and three friends". So…. its a mat or a "raft" or…

I would go down it head first…

if I could climb all those stairs!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

St0rD
reply to post by jhn7537

Hahaha how crazy must you be to actually ride one of these.

What about these tiny tiny tiny security sides? Ahh germans, maybe are they preparing another genocide? A fun one this time.

Sorry, this ride's not for me.

Yea, those sides blow my mind, they don't seem tall enough for me... Imagine flying out of that at 65mph, lol....

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Looks like it would be a blast.
This sort of ride is the type where you keep your fists clenched, your arms crossed and your legs firm to prevent injury or mishap while streaking down the chute.
I'm sure if you follow the slides rules (and weight limit) that the sides shouldn't be an issue.

-Peace-
edit on 26-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

HOLY $HIT!!!! I would have a heart attack a quarter of the way down! I've always hated roller coasters and anything that had steep hills. This slide is for those roller coaster junkies and dare devils. This park better have liability insurance, because it could have an adverse affect on anyone that may unknowingly have heart problems. Whew, made me nervous just looking at it, lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh boy...bikinis rip off on normal drop slides....THIS IS GONNA BE EPIC!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Drive by it regularly.

I don't think I could do it. They at least strap you in on a roller coaster. As far as I can tell, there are no safety straps for this and they put you on a raft with three other people. What if you wreck?

Nope, not for me. My husband thinks he can do it, and his life insurance is paid ... maybe I'll need to take out a high yield short-term policy before he goes ... hmmm.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Already posted :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There's another video on youtube that shows a news report done on the slide. In the video, though not mentioned it shows a raft/tube type of vehicle for the ride down. Looks like a blast btw!!! I would be thinking bobsled.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
how do you stop from getting an atomic enema on the way down?

i rode one much, much smaller than that and the water that went inside hurt so freaking bad I cried
maybe im just not a waterslide type person!

i will pass on this ride..after that experience a few years back i haven't been on another one for fear of anal water rape
it wasn't pleasant.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The sight of this really REALLY gives me pause....

I don't think I could EVER build up enough courage to even TRY that!....

(climb all those stairs I mean)

....the waterslide itself would be great!

edit on 26-1-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Neopan100
how do you stop from getting an atomic enema on the way down?

i rode one much, much smaller than that and the water that went inside hurt so freaking bad I cried
maybe im just not a waterslide type person!

i will pass on this ride..after that experience a few years back i haven't been on another one for fear of anal water rape
it wasn't pleasant.

...Thank you for that.

When I turned the corner on that last sentence and ran into the phrase
anal water rape I spit coffee on the computer screen.

My computer screen is damaged now.....your fault

As is my future enjoyment of waterslides with their
(forever tainted in my memory) landing pools.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

To me it just looks like an epic log ride, I would try it for sure! You only live once.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ERRRGHGHHH, I feel sick just looking at it........

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I see a lot of injuries and lawsuits happening with that slide. Doesn't even look safe.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Diabolical
I see a lot of injuries and lawsuits happening with that slide. Doesn't even look safe.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!! People get hurt and die on the rides they have now. This new one does not look safe at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Please contribute additional posts to previously existing thread located here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join