It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hats in church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

ElOmen
Why the big deal?
Someone please explain this to me.
Im not gonna comply to something I dont feel is necessary.

Here's a thought....stop going to hear morality plays when you can read them yourself in the original forms on the Internet.

Then, you don't have to deal with prissy folks who think that Church means dressing to make everyone else feel like they are somehow less than you....

Been there, seen it, didn't participate.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It helps people feel as though they're sticking to some kind of baseless, non-existent moral code. And somehow, by dressing a certain way, God will look favorably upon you.

Hypocrites have to do something to convince themselves they're following the rules.

Don't fall into it.

If its not a "come as you are" church, its probably a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

brandiwine14
reply to post by ElOmen

I don't honestly know but here is my take on it.

Typically men wear hats to work, or they use them when working on cars, man things etc.. often times these are the same hats that men want to wear at church. Church is on sunday it is on sunday for a reason it is suppossed to be a day of no work, a day for God only. You are bringing your work into a holy place on a day you are suppossed to leave your work behind. Not only that but they are typically filthy.

edit on 26-1-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

Men also usually wear jeans and shirts to work on cars and do man things. So if those are filthy, that means they can't enter? Wouldn't that would mean that some homeless people wouldn't be allowed to enter as well, by that reasoning? No man-made building is holy these days. Our bodies are now the temple in which the Holy Spirit dwells:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20(AKJV)
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Jesus, on almost a daily basis, was approached by people suffering from leprosy and other diseases which caused no other human being to want to be near them. Yet, He did not shun them. He healed them, which more often than not involved physically touching them. This includes the many who traveled long distances just to see and listen to Him. Their clothes would have been grimy and travel-stained. Having clean clothes, whether it be a hat or otherwise, is in no way a necessity when it comes to worshiping God. The cleanliness of our souls is of much more importance to Him than our clothing.

The farthest thing from the minds of those at the church the OP attended should have been the fact that he was wearing a hat. Their very first thought and actions should have been, "Welcome, brother in Christ. Please, come in!" Their wanting him to take off his hat was nothing more than an outward show which clearly displayed the fact that they value the opinions of men rather than the opinion of God. They didn't want anybody to get offended.

This is the exact kind of thing which pushes people away from Christ nowadays. Those who are supposed to be living by His example are doing exactly the opposite, and nobody wants anything to do with them, thus causing them to not want anything to do with Christ and His word. Had the OP been welcomed with open, loving arms, such as Jesus Christ did with many people in many conditions, there is a possibility he may have welcomed the Lord into his heart. Instead, he walked out of that church and posted a question in the rant section of this website.

And the true Sabbath is Saturday, not Sunday. There is not one single verse from Genesis to Revelation which states that the Sabbath was ever changed. You can watch a good video about this below:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

ElOmen
reply to post by brandiwine14

Im not a rude person I kindly stepped out.
I want to know what the origins of whats disrespectful about it.
I
I dont go to church by the way. I was kind of dragged along today.
I
edit on 26-1-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

It is considered rude to leave your hat on in certain places.

The same rules apply to some places you cannot wear black leather jackets. I was annoyed once , I had to check my jacket. I'm not a biker or trouble maker.

I resent being told what to wear.

Sometimes I don't care to take my shoes off in homes with dirty floors. I've taken my shoes off and had idiots go home with them. I don't like people who take their sandals off in summer and walk around my home in filthy, oily, sweaty bare feet. It's gross. We're not in the jungle.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Pope doesn't want his hat outdone, thus the ban.

It all started in the year 400 when Pope Popalockus felt he had been served when a jellyspoon in the front row busted out with some mad fresh moves and to top it off this guy had one of those towering top hats.

So Naturally, Popalockus had hats banned.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join