It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Louisiana Public School Cramming Christianity Down Students’ Throats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Then we will have to agree to disagree. The Constitution was already turned into toilet paper when the latest interpretation of separation of church and state was decided.

My view is separation of church and state is a violation of separation of church and state.

Many, many families have had to do the opposite and pay for private schooling in religious schools where none was taught in the public system. Fair is fair, in communities where religion is the accepted norm in the school system, let those who wish differently pay for it.

If the state should be concerned with one, then the other merits equal consideration. Now were talking FAIR!
edit on 26-1-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
After reading through the thread...there is something noticable here that should be considered:

Here is the link that Beez presented: Sabine Parish School Board

And here is the one that the article links to: Sabine Parish School System

Which is the actual and valid portal for the school district?! Whois doesn't give any clues as I get a "malinformed" message regarding the www2 address and a timeout regarding the www address.

Seems there is more to this story me thinks....

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

My view is separation of church and state is a violation of separation of church and state.

Um... what?

I guess a cop writing a ticket for someone speeding is him violating the laws against speeding?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That post is absolute garbage. Rarely have I seen this level of denial. The constitution is replete with "God" references as is virtually every founding father document. You must be a humanist. LOL.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

I didn't realize the mention of the word God automatically means the Christian god. Those who wrote the Declaration of Independence and Constitution never claimed to be Christian and even said they were not. You may want to brush up on your history a little.

You don't have to be religious or Christian to believe in God. I believe in God and I'm neither of those things.

Also, what's your problem with being a humanist? Is caring for other humans and believing in equality somehow bad to you?
edit on 1/26/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

nwtrucker

That post is absolute garbage. Rarely have I seen this level of denial. The constitution is replete with "God" references as is virtually every founding father document. You must be a humanist. LOL.

I am a staunch Constitutionalist and you sir, are off the rails on this one; especially the slight that 3N is a "humanist". Show me the references, by Article, in reference to "God".

Maybe you didn't know, but most of the Founding Fathers were on the heals of the Renaissance and thus were actually Deist -- meaning they had a rational view upon the concept of God and tried to explain it through the natural world around them. You make it seem that is a bad thing....

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The new site has a link to the old site.

Under "Links", 3rd from the bottom.

edit on 26-1-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

daskakik

The new site has a link to the old site.

Under "Links", 3rd from the bottom.

edit on 26-1-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

I saw that after I posted. It is interesting because the "old" site isn't really "old"; as other links post to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The problem with this, isn't the mention of the word god, but that it's an old testament version of God that is being force fed. Same old issue. What if you aren't an evangelical Christian. Then what?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

amazing
The problem with this, isn't the mention of the word god, but that it's an old testament version of God that is being force fed. Same old issue. What if you aren't an evangelical Christian. Then what?

How is that since they have pictures of "Jesus"....your statement is false.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

amazing

How is that since they have pictures of "Jesus"....your statement is false.

Statement is not false. Don't be so simplistic. Look at the full picture here. This story plays out every week somewhere, either in schools or courthouses etc. The issue is basically the same and the question is basically the same. What if you are not a Christian? Also adding...what if you aren't a young earth creationist?
edit on 26-1-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Jesus IS the OT god according to Christianity. There is no difference between the two to a Christian.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by Lingweenie

Without that "moral code" we seem to have moved into a "no moral code" code. The evidence of this change runs right through the political spectrum, top to bottom. With stunning new lows everywhere one looks.

Ah, morality. I figured this was going to be brought up sooner or later. So, without religion we would just be savages and there would be pure chaos? Nope. You see, we already have these things we call laws. You break them, and you get punished. Now, from a religious point of view, you are considered a sinner, and you don't even actually receive punishment in the physical world. You just carry around guilt and have to wait until you die for the off chance you will be thrown into some sort of divine prison for eternity.

Also, different cultures around the world before Christianity even became popular already had their own rules and laws. So claiming Christianity is the sole purpose behind these rules and codes is very untrue.

It really doesn't take much common sense to figure out that if people spent all of their time lying, disrespecting, cheating, killing, pillaging, raping, and so on, civilization as we know it would crumble. Nothing would ever be accomplished. You don't need to believe in a deity to find that out.

Bottom line is for you and many...no religion in schools. For others and there are millions, religion is part of their education, has been and will continue to be part of a school day and that's the way they want it. La. is a vastly Christian state. It's their call. those that find it intolerable should pack their bags and leave-as I did from California.

Otherwise, what faces us down the road will be much, much more intolerable, perhaps beyond imagining....

So telling people who are not in the majority to literally pack up and leave is tolerable? And forcing kids to accept their faith, and their faith only is also tolerable? Interesting. That doesn't jive with the definition of tolerance that I know of.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus IS the OT god according to Christianity. There is no difference between the two to a Christian.

Semantics wise, I am correct. The person I responded to made reference to the "O.T." (old testament) "God" and I merely highlighted that isn't the same as the "New Testament God"; unless of course, you believe in the teaching of the NT. Those who strictly adhere to the OT, do not see it on an eye-to-eye level.

That is why I said the statement is false. I know the theology with this; but to proclaim it is just about the "old testament God" and not the "new testament God" is a floundering argument in my book.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I agreed with everything that was on the list for their school of standards except that 'God exists'.
I don't mind children being taught different snippets of religion- Christian, Islam, atheism, Hindu and Buddha as it would widen a child's mind and allow them to widen their knowledge and compassion, usually also strengthen their own faith. I don't mind an emphasis on one religion if the country has roots in that religion (for us in the UK it would be christian). But the first statement is that God Exists which is straight away segregating atheists from anyone else. That is religious intolerance. How would a student feel bought up with those (non) beliefs? And what persecution would they get at school?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The only place that religions belongs in a public school, is in history and social studies classes.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

TKDRL
The only place that religions belongs in a public school, is in history and social studies classes.

And the prayers on the Football field asking God to help us kick our opponents ass!
edit on 26-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

tinner07
Funny I have read a lot about public schools cramming islam down the throats of students but nobody here complains but mention Christianity and holy hell...

Books funded by Saudi Arabia are many classroom texts.
Maybe not the best sources but if you can't teach Christianity you can"t teach Islam.

Not only am I against islam being taught in school, and not only any other religion as well, but ANYTHING that is presented as "truth" which can't be backed up with evidence. "Truth", I hate it when people throw that word around. It sends the message that you don't even need to question because there isn't anything more to learn.

edit on 26-1-2014 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It comes "naturally"? Are you joking? have raised children? grandchildren? natural? LMAO!!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
All schools in Sabine Parish are Charter schools.

What is the difference between charter schools and other public schools?

Charter schools are public schools of choice, meaning that families choose them for their children. They operate with freedom from some of the regulations that are imposed upon district schools. Charter schools are accountable for academic results and for upholding the promises made in their charters. They must demonstrate performance in the areas of academic achievement, financial management, and organizational stability. If a charter school does not meet performance goals, it may be closed.

No one is forcing the kid to go to that school. Was the name of the school even provided? I must have missed it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join