It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Secretary: Illegals Have ‘Earned Right to be Citizens

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Because of Georgia's tough immigration bill, illegals eithered moved to more illegal friendly states or back to their own country. As one illegal immigrant said, "Immigration laws have left him no choice but to go back to Mexico he can't support his family here. If I have no license and I'm not going to be legalized, I can't work."

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by Leonidas

If you moved to another Country illegally and all of a sudden were told that you would lose your job and couldn't get any benefits, would you stay? Some of our illegals have already self deported. Give them enough of a warning to save up and they will leave. Our money is worth a hell of a lot more in their home countries.

You are making the assumption that living illegally in America with no benefits or job is worse than what they came from. The doctrine of Self-Return has been proven to be a myth. It doesnt exist, and wouldnt.

I am not disagreeing with you, you seem to think I am challenging your premise that overloading the system is bad. I am not.

What I am telling you is the solutions are not evident. You have to be part of a new idea. How to make it happen.

Asking them nicely to leave has done nothing, the law is useless because they wouldnt be here if they took it seriously. Making it harder to live here shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the different countries and situations they have come from.

So what do you suggest?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Night Star

Because of Georgia's tough immigration bill, illegals eithered moved to more illegal friendly states or back to their own country. As one illegal immigrant said, "Immigration laws have left him no choice but to go back to Mexico he can't support his family here. If I have no license and I'm not going to be legalized, I can't work."

There are plenty of jobs for people without documentation. In fact, Georgia's economy has taken a huge hit because citizens dont want the jobs that were being done by immigrants

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I realize that some are here escaping a bad living situation. I won't deny that. But what I have seen in over 30 years of working beside these people, is that not a single one came from living in a dangerous situation or were starving or anything. I have enjoyed the company of many of these people but learned how decietful they could be and that bothered me a great deal and I did let them know my position on the matter.

Many had no intentions whatsoever of becoming legal. They saved money here and returned to their own country well off. They have scammed the system and told me how I could do the same. Yikes, I could never do that!!!! Through their lies they recieved welfare, cheap housing, medical...yet were a two income household and not the one income they claimed. One would work under the table. Their combined incomes were well above the poverty limit.

You have to realize that it costs money for stolen identities and fraudulant papers. These people are NOT poor. We have our own citizens who won't allow their children to play in their own backyards for fear of being shot. We have elderly who are afraid for their lives just walking out in broad daylight. These people are too poor to move to a safe place, especially another country.

My solution? If you take away the jobs and freebies, they have no other choice than to return to their home countries as many have done already.

Just want to thank you for discussing this with those of us with opposig views with respect and no name calling. I appreciate that.

We have many people having to choose between medicines or food ecause they make like a dollar or two above the poverty limit so they get no help. There are people from all over the world who live in bad situations, yes, even here in the USA.
They don't invade another country by the millions.

There are millions who come through the proper channels with great respect of our laws and language. I wouldn't dream of going to another country illegally. If my life was in danger I would seek asylum at least. And I would never in a million years demand that the country bend over backwards to cater to me and my language.
edit on 2-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Night Star

I realize that some are here escaping a bad living situation. I won't deny that. But what I have seen in over 30 years of working beside these people, is that not a single one came from living in a dangerous situation or were starving or anything. I have enjoyed the company of many of these people but learned how decietful they could be and that bothered me a great deal and I did let them know my position on the matter.

Many had no intentions whatsoever of becoming legal. They saved money here and returned to their own country well off. They have scammed the system and told me how I could do the same. Yikes, I could never do that!!!! Through their lies they recieved welfare, cheap housing, medical...yet were a two income household and not the one income they claimed. One would work under the table. Their combined incomes were well above the poverty limit.

You have to realize that it costs money for stolen identities and fraudulant papers. These people are NOT poor. We have our own citizens who won't allow their children to play in their own backyards for fear of being shot. We have elderly who are afraid for their lives just walking out in broad daylight. These people are too poor to move to a safe place, especially another country.

My solution? If you take away the jobs and freebies, they have no other choice than to return to their home countries as many have done already.

Just want to thank you for discussing this with those of us with opposig views with respect and no name calling. I appreciate that.

We have many people having to choose between medicines or food ecause they make like a dollar or two above the poverty limit so they get no help. There are people from all over the world who live in bad situations, yes, even here in the USA.

There are millions who come through the proper channels with great respect of our laws and language. I wouldn't dream of going to another country illegally. If my life was in danger I would seek asylum at least. And I would never in a million years demand that the country bend over backwards to cater to me and my language.

Wow you just broadly generalized all illegal immigrants as deceitful criminals that "are not poor" and "not one" has escaped a dangerous living situation. It is obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about. Worse, views like yours are repeated by some as if true

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by aoxomoxoa

If you mean crop picking, we already have legal means for these people to work. It doesn't take millions of illegals to pick crops. As for factories or other low paying jobs, whenever ICE would deport illegals, citizens quickly filled those positions.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Wow you just broadly generalized all illegal immigrants as deceitful criminals that "are not poor" and "not one" has escaped a dangerous living situation. It is obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about. Worse, views like yours are repeated by some as if true

In my very first sentence I said that I realized some were escaping a bad situation! I never said that 'all' illegal immigrants are decietful. What I related was my own experience with the many illegals I worked beside for over 30 years in different areas of the workforce, as has many others all across the USA. Many does not mean all. Perhaps you should read more carefully before making asumptions. My comments were true experiences of mine. I have no desire to purposely lie to anyone for any reason.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Night Star

In my very first sentence I said that I realized some were escaping a bad situation! I never said that 'all' illegal immigrants are decietful. What I related was my own experience with the many illegals I worked beside for over 30 years in different areas of the workforce, as has many others all across the USA. Many does not mean all. Perhaps you should read more carefully before making asumptions. My comments were true experiences of mine. I have no desire to purposely lie to anyone for any reason.

And I stated that your generalizations extended to all illegal immigrants. Which is what you are doing. Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. There are millions of illegal immigrants in this country that have escaped from oppression around the world, extreme poverty and starvation, war, famine, cartel oppression, and ruthless dictatorships

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

We have asylum for such immigrants. I have no problems whatsoever with that.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Night Star

Wow. Just, wow.

Sometimes when discussing contentious topics with people you dont know, you may wonder how you can better make yourself understood. Occasionally out of the blue your interlocutor reveals something about themselves that so completely exposes the psyche of whom you have been conversing with that you realize your only course of action is politely nod your head and walk away.

Have a nice day.

edit on 2-2-2014 by Leonidas because: Can't spell.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
double post, my apologies. Still reeling from what I just read.
edit on 2-2-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Why? I related what I experienced with the illegals I knew, what they told me personally. I didn't say all illegals were the same or certainly didn't mean for it to sound that way.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Now I feel bad. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Night Star
Now I feel bad. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Use this as an opportunity to educate yourself on the plight of people around the world, and why they risk their lives and their childrens' lives to come to America illegally.

Not trying to make you feel bad about yourself, just want to spread truth

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But I understand that some do. Many on the other have not come here for those reasons. That is also a truth is it not? In my own experience with the people I knew I was expecting to hear such devestating stories and In over 30 years, never did. I was just being honest. I have spoken to the illegal immigrants. I have asked the why they never tried to become legal. I have shared in their family celebrations of weddings and showers. I was honest with them and let them know how I didn't like how they went about things, how there were people who truly needed help from welfare and how so many people had to wait years to get cheap housing etc.

I never turned in any illegal immigrant, I always spoke with them, laughed with them, cried with them. They always knew I was against illegal immiration. I was always honest with them and treated them decently inspite of what they had done.

I realize that written words may sound harsh or may get misinterpretedd because you can't hear the tone of my voice.

I have seen so many people who were more than perfectly qualified for a job turned away. These people desperately needed to care for their families and an illegal was hired instead. I jut don't understand how a citizen can take a back seat like that. I hate to see anyone suffer for any reason no matter where they come from, who they are or what color their skin is.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Night Star

But I understand that some do. Many on the other have not come here for those reasons. That is also a truth is it not? In my own experience with the people I knew I was expecting to hear such devestating stories and In over 30 years, never did. I was just being honest. I have spoken to the illegal immigrants. I have asked the why they never tried to become legal. I have shared in their family celebrations of weddings and showers. I was honest with them and let them know how I didn't like how they went about things, how there were people who truly needed help from welfare and how so many people had to wait years to get cheap housing etc.

I never turned in any illegal immigrant, I always spoke with them, laughed with them, cried with them. They always knew I was against illegal immiration. I was always honest with them and treated them decently inspite of what they had done.

I realize that written words may sound harsh or may get misinterpretedd because you can't hear the tone of my voice.

I have seen so many people who were more than perfectly qualified for a job turned away. These people desperately needed to care for their families and an illegal was hired instead. I jut don't understand how a citizen can take a back seat like that. I hate to see anyone suffer for any reason no matter where they come from, who they are or what color their skin is.

I'm sure you are a caring person...

But I have never seen any evidence that an American was turned down a job in lieu of an illegal immigrant. If that were the case, then your friend would not only have had a job, but a decent money settlement as well. So you may be caring, but your grasp on truth seems to be tenuous

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

In the last place that I worked before becoming disabled, this happened. I knew the higher ups and office workers who knew they were hiring illegals but even though they gave them more than minimum wage, it was still a lower wage than everyone else. They said that everyone was paid way too much and wanted to get rid of those making a lot who had been there for many years. Eventualy we all lost our jobs including the illegals as the company moved South so they could hire everyone at a much lower wage and its cheaper in the south without heating bills.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Night Star

In the last place that I worked before becoming disabled, this happened. I knew the higher ups and office workers who knew they were hiring illegals but even though they gave them more than minimum wage, it was still a lower wage than everyone else. They said that everyone was paid way too much and wanted to get rid of those making a lot who had been there for many years. Eventualy we all lost our jobs including the illegals as the company moved South so they could hire everyone at a much lower wage and its cheaper in the south without heating bills.

Sorry I just dont buy it. Why would nobody in the company sue? Why would you allow this illegal practice? That doesnt make sense

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join