It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the craziest thing I have ever read.. Possession? From today's Indy Star.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Yah, putting my own defenses (which aren't too huge on an anonymous website!) down, I'll agree that what I experienced felt exactly how you describe. Oodles of other instances support that food craving, too.

The limbo of scared souls seems to be the case, or rather is one explanation for them. I don't have the third eye to see the stuff for myself, so I'm looking at part of it vicariously... there are people I trust who are "psychic" that have told me that same basic idea.

And yes, I've had brushes with the non-human seeming nasty things, too.

I just intentionally keep it liminal ...uncertain, because I don't know exactly what is going on, but I certainly have personal opinions about the paranormal and they generally align with the woo-woo crowd, Kardec... etc. ... at least until I latch onto better explanations.

But I will say with no uncertainty that phenomena labeled as "paranormal" certainly occurs and good for you "putting it out there."

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sweord

Here are some facts:

The little Girl prior DCS investigation for education neglect 03/15/2009
The little Boy prior DCS investigation for education neglect 03/15/2009

Reason on 04/19/2012 for investigation:
"-The children's physical or mental condition is seriously impaired or seriously endangered as a result of the inability, refusal, or neglect of the children's parent, guardian or custodian to supply the children with necessary food, clothing, shelter, medical care, education or supervision (IC 31-34-1-1)

The children substantially endangers the children's own health or the health of another...

The children need care, treatment, or rehabilitation that the children are not receiving and is unlikely to be provided or accepted without the coercive intervention of the court
..."

The kids have been problematic way before the demons and on recorded documents exuded the same behavior 3 years before this story. There you go this is not an opinion these are FACTS so let me ask you, with FACTS what is more likely A. 200 demons possessed your home and make your kids beat the hell out of each other until they are unconscious, make blinds drip demon goo, and make your kid walk up walls and do matrix style backflips while holding grannies hands, etc etc or B. it is a trumped up hokey story made up to hide the fact the lady is delusional and probably has a hard time disciplining her kids properly and has that "it isn't my fault" attitude.

Also wanted to add that if I weighed 80 pounds and had the assistance of an adult holding my hand the whole time I to may be able to walk up a wall, I want to note that when this apparently happened it was stressed the kid held grannies hand the whole time and then when asked to perform this demonic miracle again guess who wasnt there and guess what also did not happen? Just saying, and no thats not an opinion either this is also a fact.

edit on 30-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have no denial within me that other realms surround the physical plane we inhabit for now, or the fact that possession is very common(low level possession, extreme cases would usually lead to Vatican involvement and a hush hush aftermath).

And who am I to doubt the witnesses from several different occupations from mental health(especially when they'd be happy to section someone for such a claim) to police(who would surely wonder about child welfare).

We can't really poke holes in this.
The only thing we could do is call everyone involved a liar. But that would need to be proved just the same.
The best we can hope for is residents of the towns in question to come forward with character references.
And even then we'd need a character reference on their reliability. It's infinite.

BUT I do have a problem with part if this.....
Is it not completely ironic that given the definition of the word, Demons are the first to be "Demonised"...
What about regular spirits of the evil dead who passed on being the culprit(s).
Let's not always blame Demons due to misunderstanding.

Peace.

Edit: Just read the above post. Holes are being poked.

edit on 30-1-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Given!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Reading your observations, I have to largely agree... maybe even hugely, heh.

I'm at a disadvantage because I've had literally unbelievable things happen to me, so I am less discerning, sometimes, in the face of absurdity (and blatant clues/motives for prevarication!).

I've been beaten by the baby and made to drink the bathwater, is all.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

I don't discount "spooky" and unexplained things as they do happen I won't speak to myself and experiences but I will say it is important to sift through both the hoaxes and the ones personally deemed real. In this instance I fail to see why people would buy this, when all things placed in context it has the consistency of bath water. I am not a debunker never have been in this instance though seeing how it is on the msm and now being posted here 5 threads a day i felt it needed a microscope.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by Baddogma

I don't discount "spooky" and unexplained things as they do happen I won't speak to myself and experiences but I will say it is important to sift through both the hoaxes and the ones personally deemed real. In this instance I fail to see why people would buy this, when all things placed in context it has the consistency of bath water. I am not a debunker never have been in this instance though seeing how it is on the msm and now being posted here 5 threads a day i felt it needed a microscope.

I think the only reason you don't want this to be real is because it involves demonic activity. You are comfortable with the idea of paranormal activity occurring, but not if it is labeled demonic. That in itself is telling.

As for why people might believe this story, it could be because of how well documented it is, and the fact that it has multiple witnesses who all claim they experienced or witnessed very unusual things. As for the kid walking up the wall on his own mortal power (backwards), that is pretty preposterous. If you think it's so easy, record a video of you doing it and post it on youtube for us. Also, if you read the testimony of the people who were there (the nurse specifically), they say the kid walked backwards to the wall, and then glided up the wall and onto the ceiling, before dropping down behind his grandma.

As I've said before, I understand your skepticism and respect it. I think the only reason I probably don't share it quite as strongly is because I have seen similar seemingly unexplainable things with my own two eyes.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I don't believe it because of all the reasons I stated period. I did take initial interest in reading this article because it involved demons, I read it, looked into it, and made a conclusion from it. Pretty simple, no?

The actually report is linked in the op, have you read it?
edit on 30-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Which report? I've read the police reports and multiple articles about the event. They did mention some of the facts you mentioned above, but I fail to see how that magically debunks this case?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

All the witness testimony in the world where they testify to having the ability to gather real physical evidence but don't

The kids had the same behavior problems before the alleged demons 3 years prior (patterns like this are very telling for psych docs)

much of the things talked about can be faked and is a bit far fetched and according to some of the same people (med professionals) they believe that the kids are acting for their mother and that she encourages it

those are only 3 examples

Again don't get me wrong I am not saying the unexplained does not happen I am saying that in this case I strongly believe that it is a load of horse stuff, thats all. You don't have to agree, why do you think this is real? Because some people said so?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
All I have to say is, I learned a big lesson spending a portion of my life involved in the occult. Nothing good came from it. Ever. It nearly ruined my life and the life of my family. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. It was not until I gave my life over to Jesus Christ that everything turned around for me. True story. And this post is not meant to condemn anyone, or an attempt to proselytize or say that the news story is fake. I know it's not fake. I'm just grateful I am on the right side of the tracks again. It took a lot of darkness and frightening things to get me there.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

CirqueDeTruth

The figure in the window certainly does look like The Grey imo.

CdT
edit on 30-1-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: wrong pic

Looks quite human imo. So this whole account has got to be true regardless of the cause,

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Possessions are real and quite common. They are just negative spirits that feeds off from negative energies of people. Some negative spirits are weak so u can't really notice them some are stronger.

They prey on negative people, it's like food to them. It a creature from the spirit realm.
edit on 31-1-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The kids have been problematic way before the demons and on recorded documents exuded the same behavior 3 years before this story

you seem to know a lot about demonic possesions. how do you know the children weren't 'possessed' 3 years before this incident? that certainly would explain all your facts about the children misbehaving and being a danger to others. I imagine demon possessed children would be a handful at school.

There you go this is not an opinion these are FACTS so let me ask you, with FACTS what is more likely A. 200 demons possessed your home and make your kids beat the hell out of each other until they are unconscious, make blinds drip demon goo, and make your kid walk up walls and do matrix style backflips while holding grannies hands, etc etc or B. it is a trumped up hokey story made up to hide the fact the lady is delusional and probably has a hard time disciplining her kids properly and has that "it isn't my fault" attitude.

ill ask you again: if all you had were your own senses and experiences to go off, and no science, would you think the earth was flat or round? I would say the earth being flat is much more 'likely'. given my PRECONCEIVED perceptions.

Also wanted to add that if I weighed 80 pounds and had the assistance of an adult holding my hand the whole time I to may be able to walk up a wall,

could you do so to such as convincing degree that you caused three professional adults to sh#t themselves? I doubt it. if anyone saw you do this feat, which is not as easy as you make it sound btw, would you be able to find 3 folks willing to testify that it wasn't just a gymnastic move? cos this kid did, according to your conspiracy theory, which implicates a police officer, nurse and psychologist in some kind of coverup?

when asked to perform this demonic miracle again guess who wasnt there and guess what also did not happen?

once again you seem to know a lot about the motives of demons and whether they want to perform tricks in front of cameras and so forth. if I was a demon and a human asked me to do something on cue I know what my answer would be.

im not saying this happened. I just cant say it didn't.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I think the only reason you don't want this to be real is because it involves demonic activity. You are comfortable with the idea of paranormal activity occurring, but not if it is labeled demonic.

this is it. if people said entity from another dimension then perhaps we could discuss things. as soon as you mention the buzz word 'demons' then everyone gets their "the bible is full of crap" on, and throws the baby out with the bath water.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sweord

I think your questions are silly. And no don't let DeadSeraph talk to any degree with what I am or am not comfortable talking about, this story is hokey whether its demons dimensional beings, aliens, effing tree elves it doesnt matter, it is a hoax. You can believe other wise this is fine, but I am certain this is BS. I think my time in this thread is done, made my point now I'll leave it over to yall to discuss how terrible it mustve been for the chlidren to have been possessed 200 demons.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Brotherman

Brotherman
This is a bunch of BS in my opinion I don't buy it.

Totally. Proof please.
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Why ask me for proof? Why don't you ask yourself what is more likely, A. 200 demons possessed your home and make your kids beat the hell out of each other until they are unconscious, make blinds drip demon goo, and make your kid walk up walls and do matrix style backflips while holding grannies hands, etc etc or B. it is a trumped up hokey story made up to hide the fact the lady is delusional and probably has a hard time disciplining her kids properly and has that "it isn't my fault" attitude. Whats more likely?

Totally agree. Wasn't asking you for proof though, but those supporting the claim.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Fair enough I thought you were asking me for proof, my mistake I suppose now I can take you off of my curse list now Jk

It occurred to me earlier a believer had asked me about the world round versus flat. Was it not the church that were proponents of flat earth and were they not also proponents of demonology? Was not Gallileo a scientist that looked at facts, why ask me about my view on flat earth versus round earth lol the same people that were close minded to murder people that introduced facts were also the people who brought you your demons think about it. (Directed at Swored)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Brotherman
It occurred to me earlier a believer had asked me about the world round versus flat. Was it not the church that were proponents of flat earth and were they not also proponents of demonology? Was not Gallileo a scientist that looked at facts, why ask me about my view on flat earth versus round earth lol the same people that were close minded to murder people that introduced facts were also the people who brought you your demons think about it.

It is sad that some Christians still think this way about a "flat earth", heliocentric arguements, ect., but the confusion surrounding the views on this, even back in Galileo's time don't add up the way people would like to stack it.

Think about this: for the heliocentric view of the universe to be true, the proof would lie in how stars appear to shift.

Simplest way to see what I mean would be to put your finger up in front of your face and focus on something in the distance, then alternate which eye you have closed. That roughly 2 inch difference between your eyes makes for a world of difference as to where you perceive your finger to be at, with relation to the background.

The problem is that the stars shifting is so minute that they couldn't prove it until much more recently than Galileo. And you had this man, who happened to be right, proclaiming something as TRUTH, that he couldn't PROVE. Now, why the Catholic Church had to step into this and deal with him is the part that mystifies me.

This is what the Catholics officially have to say on this.

And frankly, what they say sounds NOTHING like what people claim happened to Galileo.
edit on 31-1-2014 by CynicalDrivel because: one word that added confusion.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I think your questions are silly.

well that settles it then. they are silly questions.

but I am certain this is BS.

based on what you ALREADY believed was possible, not on what was in the article.

I think my time in this thread is done,

promise?

It occurred to me earlier a believer had asked me about the world round versus flat. Was it not the church that were proponents of flat earth and were they not also proponents of demonology? Was not Gallileo a scientist that looked at facts, why ask me about my view on flat earth versus round earth lol the same people that were close minded to murder people that introduced facts were also the people who brought you your demons think about it. (Directed at Swored)

I just asked you which was one was more likely? proving that "what is more likely" is hardly a scientific conclusion is it? how many things in our reality would be wrong about if we threw science out and just went with "what's more likely"?

and if you cared to read you would see I said im not a believer.

and you still haven't addressed the professional witnesses.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sweord

The professional witness right, like I said earlier it is possible and probably likely that a little boy walked up a wall with assistance from an adult. It was stressed and emphasized that granny was holding his hand the whole time, the other professionals that asked for the child to do this again could not repeat this but guess who else was missing from the room at the time, granny. Look I don't really know you much less notably remember you from any threads we may have crossed paths in and I am not trying to be rude to you or berate your opinions thoughts ideas and insights, I brought up that I don't know you well from here because perhaps in the past we have argued before. I want to say that I appreciate a good debate with almost anyone and that I hold no feelings one way or the other however at this point in this particular topic I believe if it were to move forward in anyway, it is clear and obvious you are pro belief in this instance and I am clearly not. Being what it is, I will try and do a better job making what I have to say more clearly so what I have to say does not come off either really cheeky or condescending and I will also try a bit harder to understand better what you are trying to convey in terms of your insights to what it is that is going on. I mean you no animosity and also wanted to clarify that I hold no emotion either way if anything it is always good to have positive acquaintances that disagree, maybe your one of them.

B-man

but I am certain this is BS.

based on what you ALREADY believed was possible, not on what was in the article.

No based on what I read, researched, and understood. Had nothing to do with a predetermination. As a matter of factly I would challenge you to find any other thread I would have posted in regarding my pre determination on anything, I would suggest if you want to say you know I made a choice based on what I already know I would rightfully assume you have been reading alot of my work and posts on ats to say such a bold thing.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join