It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the craziest thing I have ever read.. Possession? From today's Indy Star.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I know possessions of a sort are real but walking up walls and things I've only seen in movies. I dont follow religion im spiritual and trust me that's different. I know there real but to a point. It only happens if you let it happen whatever happens you NEVER give up. You kick ass and fight it. I've seen and helped friends fight it and I know its possible. If not then my friend did try a religious way of having her bf talk in tongue I guess and pray for get while she was there and it worked. The girl spirit can't hurt her any more but she sticks around. I know because I've seen her. Sorry off track but you can and will win, you just have to want it. And never use spirit boards or anything because that's how most start. They really do let out bad spirits.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by amfirst1

I always recommend that non-believers just go ahead and practice some black magic, if nothing is gonna happen then you have no reason not to experiment right?

Just throwing this out there... hypothetically speaking, why would Satan bother to torment an atheist via full on demonic infestation? Under the spiritual laws in which he operates, You already belong to him. He'd be shooting himself in the foot by proving his own existence to you.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

The fact that you assume it would be Satan shows how little you know about demonology and black magic rituals. Despite your stance as an Atheist there is always a chance that you will make a last minute conversion. This way whatever demon you contact (of which there are many) ensures you a place in hell instead of leaving it up to your free will.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Brotherman
This is a bunch of BS in my opinion I don't buy it.

Totally. Proof please.

Ribidus
I posted this video previously on this topic but the thread got closed due to this thread having been opened already so I'll post it in here to submit as possible evidence of ghost attack.

This occurred back in 2010 in Jamaica:

That's one of the most obviously fake youtube ghost videos I've ever seen. Why would anyone believe this crap?
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31000000Thu, 30 Jan 2014 02:29:53 -06001-0600fCST02 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I lol'd.

Satan, Set, Samael, whatever. You get the point. You know absolutely nothing about how much I do or do not know about black magick. That much is indisputable.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Fair enough, I should have made the post more hypothetical in it's delivery.

Still, the point is the same, most Atheists make their choice based on an absence of evidence of God but very few seem willing to take the risk of proving their beliefs by attempting to contact that which would be anathema to God to form their opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Don't make assumptions. Many athiests have tried black magic bull#, after praying to god was useless. Some of us have given many different spiritual practices a try. Including many that christians would call "the work of the devil".

And what would that say about the catholic/christian god if black magics worked after praying did not? It wouldn't make a good case would it?
edit on Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:55:47 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

That is a good point and true indeed. Satan will not waste his time tormenting those that are his already (at least not now). He will focus like any good general on his adversary, or on any potential adversary. Those who pose no threat he will try to lull along in peaceful existence.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It would only make a bad case depending on how it was used.

For instance:

God tells you "NO" by not giving you what you want because He has reason for you not to have it.

So you got to Satan and he gives it to you because he only wants you and doesn't give a crap if the thing given to you actually ruins your life. Or doesn't give a crap if the thing actually makes your life here on Earth better, but ensures you don't make it to the afterlife. Or doesn't give anythign to you either, because, heck, a lack of getting your way from TPTB is going to lead to atheism and make sure that God doesn't get you in the end, anyway.

The only way that I know of that makes it hard for people who are willing to take a chance is if Satan and God are clearly pitted against each other, and God appears to lose.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

It's not like I was praying for BS like money or fame. I was praying that I would stop getting debilitating migraines at least once a week, for peace in my household, for my cousin's brain tumor to go away. No good reason to say no to these kinda things lol. After years of being a born again christian throughout childhood, I tried a lot of different things that sounded good in theory, if it worked. I recieved the same empty silence, and lack of answers I recieved from jesus. All seems to be a bunch of mumbojumbo hooey lol. If some of the rituals I did actually worked, I would likely be still participating in the one that worked. And it would be all god's own fault for ignoring a child all those years.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

It's not like I was praying for BS like money or fame.

Well, that would be a Captain Obvious one, but even the things that are good in the here and now aren't always what we need. I know, I know, sounds like the typical pious b.s.

I was praying that I would stop getting debilitating migraines at least once a week, for peace in my household, for my cousin's brain tumor to go away. No good reason to say no to these kinda things lol.

Actually, there's at least a couple I can see, right off the bat. Again, this isn't to say these are the reasons YOU got a "No!", but to point out that there is often more at play.

1. Migraines are complicated beasts.
a. They're often a symptom to a bigger problem. In my family, migraines happen because we forget to eat breakfast--literally the main cause in 90% of them. Praying to God to take away something that is directly caused by ME often, but not always, gets a "No" because I need to grow up and take responsibility for the CAUSE my SYMPTOM was showing. Not everyone's cause is this simple, mind you--nor is everyone's cause their fault.
b. Migraines can also be triggered by stress on top of the general cause. Having peace at home would likely have ended the worst of the migraines.

2. The problem with asking God for peace in your home is that Christ clearly stated that He doesn't give peace as the world understands it.
a. Being able to be at peace with all mankind requires you to have inner tranquility no matter how bad the b.s. is that's going on around you. It's the mental equivalent of learning to lift weights. You can strain a "peace muscle"--raise your stress and get more migraines by asking for this.
b. Asking for others to exhibit that peace when they're unwilling to lift the weight required often causes those same people to be even more unbearable than they were before. Did others start behaving worse than before after asking for peace? If so, then God actually gave them peace and they blew it.

3. And as for healing a tumor, there's actually a few different ways to do this, from God's perspective.
a. Miraculously get rid of the thing and allow the person in question to live a healthier life in the here and now--what everyone is hoping for.
b. Guide another human's hand in removing it--what many people get. So the person lives and people go on with their lives, sometimes blaming God for not doing it #1's way.
c. Giving the person a new body--this, to us, is death. Mostly because an afterlife is a hard and vague thing for most of us to grasp.

the strangest thing for humanity to grasp, although it's written in every death, is that if God REALLY wanted us to understand that this place is temporary, and that we're going on to another place, is that He can't keep making everything a cakewalk in the here and now. Otherwise we'd NEVER want to leave here, and we'd do everything in our power to keep God's hands off of us, except for when we need our God-in-a-box miracle.

Think about it like all those grown men who never want to leave home. Why should they, when life at home is far easier than taking responsibility for themselves?

After years of being a born again christian throughout childhood, I tried a lot of different things that sounded good in theory, if it worked. I recieved the same empty silence, and lack of answers I recieved from jesus. All seems to be a bunch of mumbojumbo hooey lol. If some of the rituals I did actually worked, I would likely be still participating in the one that worked. And it would be all god's own fault for ignoring a child all those years.
Now, again, I can understand wanting to reject any of this and not having any belief. A lot of people do it. And I'm not saying that you even need to miraculously turn your life around, right here and right now. I just personally don't find most of humanity's demands are actually helping them in any manner, no matter their good intentions.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Ah brotherman... I know, I know... and your intelligent, rational position that "this stuff doesn't happen" is actually far more useful and pragmatic and I'd even guess right on the mark 99% of the time, but darnit, the murky stuff labeled the "paranormal" does happen and once in a while some seemingly autonomous entity without a physical body we can see can influence the neural hardware in a separate autonomous entity inhabiting a "meat suit."

Or they influence us all the time and my 99% guess is far off and spirits lurk everywhere... again, dunno.

The problem is that we don't really know the "normal" and thus, guessing (or first hand observation) about the "paranormal" get's even more murky.

But some random typist on the internet ain't gonna convince anyone... I read about this stuff for years as entertainment and knew it was superstitious crap for the uneducated ...until it smacked me upside the head. I'm not saying demons and/or ghosts jump into people all the time... but I ain't sayin' they don't, either.

Keep an open, skeptical mind is all I'm really saying and I sincerely hope you (and others) continue to not be bothered by this menagerie of goofy spiritual crapola.
edit on 1/30/2014 by Baddogma because: add either

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is a really fascinating case.

It's been my experience that haunted houses will present differently from "possession".

A house is haunted because of something that happened in that place, and it's specific to that place. Generally the supernatural phenomenon occurs in playback loops, over and over again. It's an echo. Basically the event caused the psychic mind to imprint on the surroundings, creating a permanent "memory" of the event, that those with the ability - perceive.

Inter-dimensional beings do not attach to houses. They attach to people if they so desire. It doesn't matter if those suffering attack from a negative non-human entity moves, they follow their prey. They are not an echo, they are an actual being.

Just my 2 cents, from a believer and well...

The figure in the window certainly does look like The Grey imo.

CdT
edit on 30-1-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: wrong pic

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Hey Cirque, as for the haunted houses don't generally posses.... I guess, in that sense of a residual vs. intelligent haunt... but I stayed in a suicide house where the intelligent non-physical dweller seemed to 'co-habitate' my body.

Long, sordid story short, once living in that house I started doing a dangerous, addictive drug like a fiend (one that I never liked or paid attention to before) and had periods of fuzzyness (not really caused by the drug I think) where my memory just wasn't there (and I was a competitive chess player with a pretty good memory) .

Anyway, the house was active and weird and there were witnesses galore and I moved after a few months, and as soon as I was somewhere else I never touched that drug again... never even thought about it and this is something people go to rehab over. It seems physically impossible, but it happened.

I learned that the suicide there had killed himself precisely because he couldn't free himself from the thrall of that substance... so do with the story what you will. I am not convinced I was possessed, but there is a possibility that I was.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

I'm not saying that the "paranormal" doesn't happen, it would be a far leap of logic to assume I label all things paranormal BS when I have never said such a thing. That said, this particular account to me is BS. I've laid out my reasoning and from what I can tell a fair number of people coming through this thread have tended to agree with me to one point or another. So to sum it up is the paranormal BS and never happens, I'm going to say no its not BS in some cases. Is this case a hoax imo, absolutely!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Brotherman
This is a bunch of BS in my opinion I don't buy it.

Totally. Proof please.
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Why ask me for proof? Why don't you ask yourself what is more likely, A. 200 demons possessed your home and make your kids beat the hell out of each other until they are unconscious, make blinds drip demon goo, and make your kid walk up walls and do matrix style backflips while holding grannies hands, etc etc or B. it is a trumped up hokey story made up to hide the fact the lady is delusional and probably has a hard time disciplining her kids properly and has that "it isn't my fault" attitude. Whats more likely?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I believe I remember you mentioning this experience in another thread and reading it there. Likely one of Sled's threads, as I follow her and Gut's post quite religiously.

I get really self-conscious and nervous going into some things, like this. But lets do it. My comfort has been ruined as of late so lets throw it all out there.

This is all from my own experiences and take from it what you will.

Do you know what we miss the most when we die? Food. That gorgeous, delicious feeling you get when your eating chocolate or strawberries or pecan pie or juicy gyros. Cause when we die, we don't eat. It's the single thing most human spirits want you to do, I've found in auto writing and astral travel. What they miss most. Food. Want to know what I've been asked on more than one occasion? It is to go get some chocolate so they can witness my satisfaction in eating it, and through psi energy feel it too. It is not that they are possessing me, but they are in a way, sort of communing with my emotions, feelings through energy.

Do I think you were being manipulated so that a lost soul could feel vicariously through you, that thing it missed most about life in the material? Yes. Dis-embodied human spirits that don't follow their control mechanism to the other side, become psychic vampires to what they miss the most about life. They can attach to a person and create addictions in that person to satisfy their need. But there is no need for possession in that, they simply siphon the psi energy released. It happens a lot more now, since the concept of hell has broken the control system to guide spirits to source. People are afraid now when they die, to face the Maker...so to speak. So they remain, in limbo, dis-embodied - craving what they miss most about living in the material.

But possession I believe is something entirely different, and entirely NOT human.

CdT

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sorry Bro-Man, just used you as a handy example... you are far more open minded, so apologies.

I can't help feel that, in my case anyway, the OP story becomes even less believable due to the low socio economic class of the source. Sad but true. Admittedly, the story itself is pretty weird, though not as weird as a majority of its' ilk, but put the same facts/witnesses in a higher income bracket and it might at least seem more reliable.

Not pointing any fingers anywhere but at myself, and at prejudiced perception in general.
edit on 1/30/2014 by Baddogma because: add and

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

What is written in here tells me all I need to know as to why authorities needed to investigate, and coupled with the account leads me to my conclusion. Another aspect is that with the criteria in which the investigation was taking place under I find it even odder the police would act in such a way and if under an iota of belief of the demons they would have taken the goo sample, yeah the goo I keep talking about is that important, is this not the type of evidence every ghost hunter on the planet is looking for this is like poo poo or hair from big foot kind of find and they just wipe it off like a dip stick to see if it does it again.

Highlight from the doc

kids especially violent in PUBLIC with mom around

lack of education

Kids are violent

RS believes kids are acting out for their mother and she encourages them etc etc

also this happened in 2012 says so on the filing date at the bottom, wonder why its hitting the news now

(this is where I need the old ats rolling eyes emoticon)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Why ask me for proof?

because you're spouting your opinion as fact.

Why don't you ask yourself what is more likely,

im sure they said the same thing to Galileo no? what would have been more likely that the earth is flat or that its so large that it appears flat?

kid walk up walls and do matrix style backflips while holding grannies hands,

you seem to be side stepping the part where this happened in front of healthcare professionals. all willing to put there careers on the line to protect some lady that they don't know. so you claim.

I don't care how much you beat your kids they wont walk backwards up a wall.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join