It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the craziest thing I have ever read.. Possession? From today's Indy Star.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by GArnold

Yeah but there were also health professionals including clinical psychologists that thought the kids were making it up and suffered from dillusions reinforced by their crazy mom. It read to me that the kids didn't want to go to school so they claimed they were possessed, you would think if they hated that house and was so so scary that they would rather be away in school then there. The cops you are referring to treated it as a novelty ghost hunt, digging holes in the basement for no reason other then to dig holes and all that when if they were really investigating why not collect evidence. They said that liquid manifesting on the venetian blinds came from the ghosts why not take a sample of it and have it analysed? My BS meter was going off the charts while reading that long article.

If you look at the picture of the house, I'd say it's not in a very good area. Did the police have past information they were working off? Maybe a record of missing persons or that a crime had been committed there in the past! I wish there were more details on why law enforcement would suddenly decide to dig a hole looking for bodies. That in itself is interesting.
Sounds credible to me. This stuff does happen...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Just to clear things up, the book on the actual events came AFTER the novel and film. The novel was written based on newspaper accounts and public records at the time and then further researched with the assistance of witnesses to the events.

It wasn't until the last decade or so that the name of the possessed boy and the actual location of his home was finally disclosed.

Minor detail, but I thought I would offer an assist.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Amy Allen, yeah... she's a local Tucson, AZian and I interviewed her back in the day and have to say that she appears "genuine." The stuff on the Dead Files isn't all TV gimmicky stuff, or rather, I saw some interesting stuff from her before she got her own TV show.

Weird chick, heh, but a seemingly true "psychic," whatever that really means.

The alien reference on the last episode got my attention, too. More validation for those that already suspected it was all linked in the metaphysical.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I wish there were more details on why law enforcement would suddenly decide to dig a hole looking for bodies. That in itself is interesting.
Sounds credible to me. This stuff does happen...

They probably just said looking for bodies, what they were really doing was prolly trying to find the rest of the meth that lady was on so they can remove her from a functioning society. It sounds like BS to me, and no, cops don't just go digging on a hunch especially in someones basement and if they were to, they would be on the clock doing it and the cops would probably be a forensic team. If the cops wanted evidence why not take a sample of the demon juice on the venetian blind? Oh yeah I know, cause that was probably BS as well, or photograph the footprints and forensic examine the spooky wet foot prints? yeah you guessed it, thats BS too. No this stuff doesn't happen, I'm sorry but no.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I posted this video previously on this topic but the thread got closed due to this thread having been opened already so I'll post it in here to submit as possible evidence of ghost attack.

This occurred back in 2010 in Jamaica:

edit on 29-1-2014 by Ribidus because: (no reason given)

And this video I will submit as proof of possible evidence of possession. This occured in Venezuela during a religious adoration ceremony called

Maria Lionza ( www.nytimes.com... )

edit on 29-1-2014 by Ribidus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ribidus

No amount of proof will be adequate for some. Especially not a video where it could be said the people are faking possession, mentally ill, or in the case of the first video making those movements themselves. All the eyewitness testimony in the world will fail to convince some people, and that's ok. I understand why one would be skeptical about this stuff. I would probably question my own sanity and doubt what I've seen with my own two eyes if I hadn't had people there with me that witnessed it too.

I don't expect anyone to believe it happens without seeing it themselves. Once you do see it yourself however, there is no turning back. Personally I'd prefer to have the benefit of never having seen it in real life. It raises some very uncomfortable questions about the nature of reality, and changes you once you've experienced it first hand. It's very unpleasant, and leaves you very lonely.
edit on 29-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

You know, it's funny you say that 'the people living in the house now have no problems.' Amityville Horror's house on Ocean Avenue have owners who say the same thing: No problems. However, that Amityville house has changed hands so many times you can't even keep track of it. No one has lived there longer than 10 years. And the house always sells for much less than its worth.

I don't necessarily believe it when people claim there's nothing wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ribidus

First video easy to fake. That second video disturbed me deeply...... I don't even know why, maybe it's all the blood all over. That was creepy as hell though.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't know how many times there have been cases of people who refused to believe in paranormal activity of any kind, only to change their beliefs when they experience it firsthand. And all of these people, probably millions worldwide, tell others that "this is real," yet people cannot trust their fellow man at all. Even when some of these people are of an incorruptible moral strain, are rational, logical, often trained professional observers, and overall the type of person you would trust. But even that makes no difference.

Because so many people have this thing where they have to see something to believe it, they live on in ignorance. I can understand not believing something that a very small percentage of the population is stating, although sometimes they could be telling the truth. But when you have a much larger percentage of people who are claiming to have experienced something, I think people should listen.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am not sure how many of you caught this... It was on CNN recently. I watched it and although most of it seems fake or disturbing to me there is two things that just make me really wonder. I am not sure you can embed this here... If it is possible perhaps someone else can do it. The woman's voice is just so bizarre... I am not sure it would be possible to take her voice to that extent. I suppose it's possible the preacher is a ventriloquist?? The second thing that bothers me is the guy at the end and specifically " leviathan". I am not sure what to think. It is one of the strangest things I have seen.

It is apparently not linking the video.. Go to CNN video and type in exorcisms in search box and watch the reverend exorcism video.

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com.../video/living/2014/01/25/ac-pkg-tuchman-reverend-exorcisms.cnn&iref=allsearch&video_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.c nn.com%2Fsearch%2F%3Fquery%3DExorcism%26primaryType%3Dmixed%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26intl%3Dfalse
edit on 29-1-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

You mean the first lady? My aunt can do that with her voice, she used to scare the hell out of me as a kid lol. Especially after I saw the excorcist.

edit on Wed, 29 Jan 2014 19:29:44 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hey thanks TKDRL. That was fast... Very cool of you to do. Again I am making no real claims of true or not true. Some parts of that video bother me a lot though. That woman's voice honestly creeps me out.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Personally I am quite skeptical of Bob Larson. The difference between the case in your original post and Bob Larson is that the Catholic church sanctioned an actual exorcism. That is fairly rare, and sanctioned exorcisms do not occur unless mental illness and other factors have first been ruled out. One thing I will say about the catholics is that they are very thorough with investigating such claims. Bob Larson will just declare anyone possessed and go about his business. It might be possible he has encountered the real deal in his time, but his standards are not nearly as stringent as those of the catholic church. For the record, I'm not Catholic

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

The very notion of possession creeps me out big time. If it's real, I can't even begin to imagine how much it would suck to have something else in control of me. It's a scary concept for sure. I have a distant cousin that supposedly was possessed. Cheyenne is what they called him. I have never met the dude, my mom would have never allowed it when I was a kid, and not sure I would choose to as an adult. Not sure if I believe it or not, but a lot of people in my family do believe him.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Good points Dead Seraph. He does seem to be a bit shady to my eye. The article I posted originally I did so because it seemed that there seemed to be people with rational verified backgrounds apparently backing it up. I am not sure of the politics of the Catholic Church in regards to exorcisms but I do believe you when you say it is very rare for them to sanction it. At the end of the CNN video it is somewhat comical to me how his interaction with David ends.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Bob Larson... sigh, a total scam...a money-grubbing-big-tent-revivalist holding exorcisms where 50 repressed folks writhe and curse until he bops them with a bible... bunk... embarrassing ... until I saw an episode of John Safran vs. God where he sarcastically goes to Larson for an exorcism and has a liminal experience... he SAYS he blacked out and doesn't know what really happened and then the damned series ended.

I still can't figure out if it was a joke... or what. Again, experiencing this stuff, I know there's something to it, but it's SO ridiculous! John Safron vs. God is a good show and well worth a watch on a rainy day. I am not the best embedder, but here is a link...

John Safran vs. God- The Excorcist

I still don't know what the heck that was!! Edit x2: and if I wasn't clear enough, Larson is a cretin and a fraud... but the trickster aspect of the spirit world was hard at work, here, heh, and something weird may have happened despite Larson being a con man. And IF it's a joke by Safran, then he's legitimizing Larson, in a way, so that doesn't make sense. Anyway, par-for-the-course in the spirit world's hall of mirrors (how's that for a bad, cliche' loaded sentence).

edit on 1/29/2014 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 1/29/2014 by Baddogma because: mo'

edit on 1/29/2014 by Baddogma because: cliche'

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

That's pretty interesting. I found the clip in which he manifests his inner demons:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ok so now the Daily Mail has video and photos from inside the house detailing some of the various things reported in the story...
Daily Mail Exclusive

Daily Mail

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This stuff is real it happened to my friend sister. It's very rare but can happen if u get cursed or did something naughty which will make u susceptible as an easy target for negative spirits.
edit on 30-1-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

I always recommend that non-believers just go ahead and practice some black magic, if nothing is gonna happen then you have no reason not to experiment right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join