It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We the People Should Start Calling Candidates and Party's by Their Corporate Backing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by crazyewok

SO it right that a compnay can pay to have rules and regs put in to give it a unfair advantage over possible compitition? Able to start wars and dictate foreign policy?

I find it damn right hysterical elected leaders are not responsible for their actions someone else is.

The only people who don't like competition is Government.

And the simple fact the only thing that runs this country is GD politics.

I don't know what world you live in, but the one that I live in as well as the rest of ATS, corporations ABHOR competition. Hence the reason we have anti-trust laws on the books, corporations are able to buyout competition and laws are made that benefit established corporations but make it next to impossible for a small startup to succeed. All of these were lobbied by the corporations to make it easier for them (obviously not the anti-trust laws, though they are rapidly gaining dust even though they should be used to dismantle many of the major corporations around the country).

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

I don't know what world you live in, but the one that I live in as well as the rest of ATS, corporations ABHOR competition. Hence the reason we have anti-trust laws on the books, corporations are able to buyout competition and laws are made that benefit established corporations but make it next to impossible for a small startup to succeed. All of these were lobbied by the corporations to make it easier for them (obviously not the anti-trust laws, though they are rapidly gaining dust even though they should be used to dismantle many of the major corporations around the country).

Exactly remember when AT&T was broken up? Well now they are back and bigger than they ever were. And in many markets once again the sole phone service provider.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

If true, think about them donating this every four years (or however often they donate) towards charitable institutions? Think of the various schools, homeless and other things that could start being fixed?

But nope, we're going to spend it on some puppets that do more harm then good.

As for the jumpsuits with logos, yes! Make each one of these jacka.... wear a clown nose too!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

neo96

Visitor2012

neo96
I see anti corporatism is still alive and well !

Why yes people everything wrong with America is them bloody evil corporations 'fault' !

edit on 26-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I see Ignorance is alive and well.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

I see rudeness is alive and well.

Excuse me I am off to buy the latest iphone,and xbox one.

yes yes, the ignorant very often call the informed rude, its a very common tactic for ignorant people to attack the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

AmenStop

neo96

Visitor2012

neo96
I see anti corporatism is still alive and well !

Why yes people everything wrong with America is them bloody evil corporations 'fault' !

I see Ignorance is alive and well.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

I see rudeness is alive and well.

Excuse me I am off to buy the latest iphone,and xbox one.

yes yes, the ignorant very often call the informed rude, its a very common tactic for ignorant people to attack the truth.

Wouldn't call people parroting a 100 year old political talking points to be 'well informed'.

I say the 'ignorant' people are those who can't come up with an original thought.

For over 100 years Americans have heard the same demagoguery, the same hyperbole, the same vitriol about them bloody evil corporations.

Haven't seen any mental giants in this thread, but I forgot.

Those who don't parrot the popular opinion must be 'ignorant'.

edit on 28-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why blame the corporations when it's we the people who buy there products?

So sick of hearing about the evil 1%. I laugh my butt off when Apple comes out with a new product and all the sheep wait hours in line for the same phone with a new number behind it just so they can tweet about how evil these companies are.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

thesaneone

So sick of hearing about the evil 1%. I laugh my butt off when Apple comes out with a new product and all the sheep wait hours in line for the same phone with a new number behind it just so they can tweet about how evil these companies are.

They have a bad case of the cognitive dissonance there.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What else is to be expected from a generation of we all are winners even if we didn't deserve it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

thesaneone

So business should have more say and influance in goverment policy than the people?

I have no problem with corporations providing:
1) They keep there noses out of goverment and have no more say than I do
2) Pay there taxes like I do
3) Obey the same laws I do.
edit on 28-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Why not, most employers make their employees wear a uniform, why can't we the people (who employ these politicians) make them wear a uniform!?!?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join