It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monstrous Earthquake to Hit Mansfield, OH?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I believe earthquake lights are real since there's so many reports of it throughout the years in different places before big quakes.
As for the lights in that pic... I've seen that type of light display many times up in North Idaho an never felt one shake when living up there. I was told back then it was ice crystals reflecting street lights/store lights.
Maybe these are a forewarning but to me they look like the same cool light show I seen 10-20 times on really cold nights. I wouldn't worry just have water and rice handy, no big deal.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The photo deserves a star. But here in Pittsburgh we get them all the time. Every snow fall. At least 2 or 3 from where I can see..in fact there was one last night near our water tower, the lights from the tower usually puts this off if the conditions are just right.
BUT! For the populous of Mansfield.......I hope you are wrong......otherwise that's gonna be a massive tumbler! We shall wait,watch and see..
Don't want folks hurt nor my yearly spring prison ghost hunt to get ruined!
Great pic!

Edit: my point.. Pittsburgh should have crumbled to the ground by now for as much as this occurrence happens..especially around the airport.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

The right conditions.. snow crystals coming straight down, little wind, over a light source.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Lil Drummerboy

19KTankCommander
The lights in the sky don't mean nothing, it happens here all the time in Northern Wisconsin, when the air is clear and cold you can see all the street lights and signs shooting a beam of light up like in your picture. Have not felt or heard of one earthquake here.

look up the history of this phenomenon before you claim its nothing.. it has merit and has happened before

I don't see where TCommander said there was nothing to earthquake lights, simply that photo is not IT.

Anyplace that gets morning mist or fog has the lights look like this, earthquake lights are more of a transient electrical discharge, very fast so very rare to see and they are not a bunch of lights sitting stable for a photo, it is more like catching a bold ot lightning.

They simply do not look like stable lights shining all over town like this. They are flashes not streams of light.

Freund says common forms of earthquake lights include bluish flames that appear to come out of the ground at ankle height; orbs of light called ball lightning that float in the air for tens of seconds or even minutes; and quick flashes of bright light that resemble regular lightning strikes, except they come out of the ground instead of the sky and can stretch up to 650 feet (200 meters).

news.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 26-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

PLEASE GOOGLE LIGHT PILLARS many beautiful pictures, if you have ever lived in a city in the mountains it is something you have seen in the early mornings before dawn.

Fox 8 Meteorologist Scott Sabol explains the light pillars in the video below.
www.sott.net...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I have seen this happens in northern Cal.. kind of like when you squeeze a bottle with a little water and it fogs up inside from pressure...then let go real quick..this happened up in Lassen Cal. And that area does get quakes.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't know much about earthquakes: have learned a bit from threads on ATS.

I did see this while browsing the news this am: regarding Madrid Fault activity

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not sure if it has any connection to the OP but it does seem the area is getting some notice?

Stay safe!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

National geo is not a legit site on here? Why was my post removed?

Photos light pillars

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

irishchic
I don't know much about earthquakes: have learned a bit from threads on ATS.

I did see this while browsing the news this am: regarding Madrid Fault activity

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not sure if it has any connection to the OP but it does seem the area is getting some notice?

Stay safe!

Mansfield Ohio would be affected by a quake related to the Madrid fault.

Edit: and no the mask does not make you look fat.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
(post deleted)
edit on 26-1-2014 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
While this is interesting I think the post and related pics that _BoneZ_ showed explains it.
Logically I would think it shouldn't even be that hard to explain if you can match the light pillar up to a man-made source.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Beautiful & mesmerizing pictures there Bonez!

While I absolutely agree with you and others regarding the ice crystal effect (seems rather obvious by the pictures), I still believe there may be something to actual "earthquake lights". I don't remember the article, but I thought I read something a while back that made some claim about plasma or whatever that gets released in the hours or days prior to some earthquakes and that it will sometimes glow and sometimes cause "holes" in the clouds (?)...something to that effect.

So while a majority of these lights are probably due to ice there still may be something to an "earthquake signal" of sorts. Maybe

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Bigburgh

I have seen this happens in northern Cal.. kind of like when you squeeze a bottle with a little water and it fogs up inside from pressure...then let go real quick..this happened up in Lassen Cal. And that area does get quakes.

Haha that is why I mentioned mountain cities i once lived in Susanville CA where you can see the lights do this.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

_BoneZ_
reply to post by sled735

First and foremost, "Turner Radio Network" is becoming the "Hoaxer Radio Network" with several hoaxes posted on their news page alone. Don't believe anything they say.

The lights aren't "earthquake lights", they're called "light pillars" or reflections of city lights in the ice crystals hanging in the air:

You can see the light pillars are coming directly from the lights on the ground. They have nothing to do with earthquakes. Don't buy into hoax stories from a hoaxer radio network.

You mean these OpethPa?....I agree

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

opethPA
While this is interesting I think the post and related pics that _BoneZ_ showed explains it.
Logically I would think it shouldn't even be that hard to explain if you can match the light pillar up to a man-made source.

True earthquake lights are flashes or balls or flames but they are not lasting. There are many examples.

Bizarre Earthquake Lights Finally Explained

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Does anyone know if these light pillars (or whatever) are over a fault line?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Lol...that area is ripe with activity and lights from the city...lovely area when escaping lights from Reno.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Char-Lee

Because of other link, or did you forget that you posted two links?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Honestly on a clear summer night In the southern Cal. Desert. I have not seen this happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee

Because of other link, or did you forget that you posted two links?

Welllllll....some of it...They jumped the shark when they did the whole UFO series....along with discovery network and mermaids.....it use to be TOTALLY LEGIT once...now we gotta be skeptical.

Kinda like NBC going all Michael Bay and rigging SUV's with C-4 to explode on impact. During the gas tank hits and crashes.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
S&F
These lights really put a great show!

Just like any disasters, Nature has a way of warning us early enough so we can have the time to move to a more secure place.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

whitewave
Does anyone know if these light pillars (or whatever) are over a fault line?

Since light pillars are from actual light bulbs on the ground, would it matter if there is a fault line or not? Light pillars and earthquakes are completely unrelated. It's only a hoax story from the hoax radio network.

St0rD
These lights really put a great show!

Just like any disasters, Nature has a way of warning us early enough so we can have the time to move to a more secure place.

Except that nature is not warning of anything. Have you had a look through the posts in this thread? The lights have nothing to do with warnings or earthquakes. Totally unrelated. See this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join