learn more

Communicating with Cats (Plus Examples)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

Thanks for that video, Anarchist - I just watched it. I am more on the level of the owner of the cat park than of Anna the psychic - however, I still think that is a relatively decent skill.

Quite unfortunately, I'm not able to communicate with animals and get information from their past -

Well, on a few occasions, possibly. But that was still information that was transferred through tone or body language about irrational fears my previous cats had that gave me clues about their past relationships with their owners. I find it interesting that Ana was able to get specific information from the cat about his past - but she also has cat empathy, regardless of the legitimacy of her cat psychic powers.
edit on 29pmWed, 29 Jan 2014 12:39:36 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Cats are amazing animals. I've always liked having cats around, and I too have pondered them occasionally. From what I have seen, most of this sounds at least plausible, if not accurate. And like you implied, they are not always living in the physical world, in that they can think and ponder in a way that is similar to humans. The most intriguing thing about cats in my opinion is their ability to purr.

I have decided that the purpose of purring is to "heal" their bodies. This is probably why everyone says cats have nine lives. This coincides with the belief that various vibrational energies can be beneficial to living organisms, possibly on a cellular level. Occasionally other animals will emulate the sound, if they've grown up with cats, although I think this is rather rare, but I don't know if they would receive the same benefit.

When cats purr they are vibrating the cores of their bodies, not just making a low-level sound that barely vibrates anything. So emulating or copying the sound, without the power behind it, may not be the same thing. I never really believed the saying that cats purr because they're content, as I've seen cats who were injured severely who purred. That is partly what makes me think it is a healing mechanism of sorts.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread Darkbake, I will test your theory on my 7 month old Mr Sufi.
We are together 24/7 and communicate pretty well so far, but getting him to understand, chewing electrical cords is dangerous is proving a tough one..
From day one, that first time he crawled on onto my chest to be "massaged" I have referred to him as my little "lifesaver" and every day at some point we exchange glances and he comes over to crawl right up to lay underneath my chin to purr and drool (yep he's a drooler hihi).
I'm not exaggerating when I say he saved my life as I was very depressed after losing my nearest and dearest in short succession and contemplated ending my life when my cat (and best buddy) died a year later... struggling to find reasons to stay each day. I was hesitant about getting another cat, scared of emotionally attaching myself to anyone again but I am so glad I finally took that step (2 years on).

I can't help but smile at the way he gently wakes me every morning. He follows me around the house like a dog, curious about everything to the point of watching me take a shower. We play a lot together and I try to think up new toys and games every day. He is extremely sociable to visitors who express their amazement at how relaxed he is. He has made me laugh, love life again and I've even come off my anti-anxiety medication recently.

I thank my lucky stars each day to have such a beautiful creature in my life, so anything that may aid our communication is welcome :-)
My advice to anyone feeling lonely and depressed out there is to let yourself be chosen by a feline companion !

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

When I realised my cat was better at communicating with me.
Then I was at communicating with him. It made me reconsider
both of our own intellects. And touched off a competition I
swear on my skin, I'm going to win someday.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just read this article and I thought of this thread.

What do cats think of us?

edit on 30-1-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I have had a cat or cats for over 25 years and yes, the tones do mean different things BUT.. I communicate with my cat differently. My cat can actually understand me.

Here's how I do it. I get my cat nice and comfy laying on my lap or chest and while petting it - I think images to it. I think images of love and happiness as well as visualize images about things to teach her, like staying off the couch. I do this for about 20 minutes.

I do this for a few days and the cats starts to respond.. for instance, she no longer jumps on the couch. The thinking to her is the only instruction ive given her - this works folks.. to my amazement when i discovered it years ago.

Everyone can do this. I am not psychic nor does one need to be.. this is a natural built in ability we all have we just need to exercise it. It does work with dogs but you have to get them really calmed down first, which is harder.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Great post! Man, I love cats!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My cats will lip their lips when they are hungry. If I ask them , you want num nums, they will lick their lips too.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Cats are unbelievably smart.....one time I went to find my car keys , I look and looked, like totally gone, nowhere.... looked in the garage? And my car was gone! I freaked out, the cats gone too! About a week later the cops found my car in the parking lot of Jerry's Nugget out in North Las Vegas. I never did see that cat again.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join