It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Haven't Been Visited? Examining Arguments Against ET Visitation.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

You said a milliarcsecond was a measurement of time it isnt its a measurement of degrees. It is so much more accurate because the smaller the increment of measure the more accurate its location. Milliarcsecond Is unit of angle equal to one thousandth of an arcsecond used especially in astronomy and navigation. Now even in charting using inclination milliseconds once again is in more accurate do to being a smaller increment it is a more precise measurement. Its called science we learn to use smaller increments because there is less margin of error.If you were truly a C++ program you would understand this because you'll use it in vectors. because you need to use commands such as ASIN and ACOS. Just so you know used in programming C++ see using visual basic then compiling it is not C+ programming. As a programer you should know seconds and milliseconds are different because you have to use milliseconds in programing see i end up using statement like this alot in a program.

std::this_thread::sleep_for(std::chrono::milliseconds(x));

See this allows me to pause a thread for timing but again your the programer yeah right.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I'm sorry man; you have no idea what you are saying, and what is there makes no sense. What you think I said, I didn't.

Though I did say that both RA and Decl are expressed as base 60 values...like time. But I did not say the milliarcseconds was a measurement of time.

Though I gotta ask; why would be using vector math if I was using C++?

And, the use of Acos, Asin is inappropriate here. See the snippet I posted...it is the correct method of computing X/Y/Z from RA, Decl, and Distance.

By the way y'all a simple query of goggle will show that I'm correct.

You need to give it up now, this is all way over your head.

Oh...I'm not a programmer. I'm a Sr. Software Architect.

edit on 14-2-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

tanka418

I'm sorry man; you have no idea what you are saying, and what is there makes no sense. What you think I said, I didn't.

Though I did say that both RA and Decl are expressed as base 60 values...like time. But I did not say the milliarcseconds was a measurement of time.

Though I gotta ask; why would be using vector math if I was using C++?

And, the use of Acos, Asin is inappropriate here. See the snippet I posted...it is the correct method of computing X/Y/Z from RA, Decl, and Distance.

By the way y'all a simple query of goggle will show that I'm correct.

You need to give it up now, this is all way over your head.

Oh...I'm not a programmer. I'm a Sr. Software Architect.

I really feel sorry for you and your delusions but ill tell you what lets take your information and we will write a program together to display the map of betty hill from any perspective figure i could do it by myself in less than an hour with a senior archetect you should be able to do it in less so. What would you like to write. Ill let you plan the project since your a senior archetect just tell me what modules you want. If you're not good with grafix i can handle that as well we could actually do real planetary systems based off available research. If we throw that in take a couple of more hours but be really cool, So where do we start architect.

edit on 2/14/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I have to say I didn't think this was going to go well. It never does.... its like having a discussion with a troll on acid or something. Just remember he's a western semi hermetic magician which is the same as a troll on acid when it comes down to it. He doesn't like me because I'm always 5 steps ahead of his magic nonsense.

Anyway, I picked up a lot from your efforts.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sorry Hoss; but that apps already been done. And, you have seen the result. We done, you haven't a bloody clue, you even ignore all the available information on the subject (trigonometry, astronomy, etc.) When you are through playing physicist and want something better than janitor...go to your local community college they make an excellent start. But until you know enough to even begin with this. go away...

By the way: equations for computing xyz from RA and Decl

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian

I have to say I didn't think this was going to go well. It never does.... its like having a discussion with a troll on acid or something. Just remember he's a western semi hermetic magician which is the same as a troll on acid when it comes down to it. He doesn't like me because I'm always 5 steps ahead of his magic nonsense.

Anyway, I picked up a lot from your efforts.

Why do you do this?...unless you are as inept as him, which I don't believe, you know he's totally clueless. To lead this poor guy on like that is cruel.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

No you shown a graphic drawn on paint in a pathetic website thats not what im talking about lets do a full 3d rendering of zeta reticuli. We can make it from any angle spatial geometry is easy. So where do we start sr software analyst unless you were lying to me i assure you i can make modules lets start tell me what we need. Unless your lying to me and havnr a clue in which case i guess im saying put up or shut up lets go.See the sad part is someone has to take it to this extreme just so you can come out of your delusions it isnt healthy you know. Do you want me to put this little project together since i guess our sr software analyst doesnt know where to start? I can assign you 3 modules and ill take 4 since though should probably be the other way around since you're the sr software guy lol.
edit on 2/14/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

dragonridr

No you shown a graphic drawn on paint in a pathetic website thats not what im talking about lets do a full 3d rendering of zeta reticuli. We can make it from any angle spatial geometry is easy. So where do we start sr software analyst unless you were lying to me i assure you i can make modules lets start tell me what we need. Unless your lying to me and havnr a clue in which case i guess im saying put up or shut up lets go.

No! That image is a "full 3D" Render by Poser Pro of the relevant stars viewed from the location specified. I have "put up" all we get from you is talk, words and nothing backing that up, well at least nothing of substance.

And again, there is nothing to do; that project is done...months ago. You have seen the result...

So you don't miss it Eqations to compute XYZ from RA/Decl

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yeah i thought thats what you would say see i think you understand now. In the future you might want to think before you lie to people i learned along time ago the people that hang out on ATS are very smart and surprisingly we have lots of talents including programming. So if your going to lie next time say your a world class bowler or maybe cricket player. See you have to rely on someone elses program with data points you plotted wrong because you cant do it your self. I was hoping if we did this little project you could see the actual positions of the stars and might learn something. But you would rather carry on with your delusion so be it. The offer still stands as they say prove it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You are incredible; I prove you are wrong and you still say that I am...I guess MIT, CalTech, et. al. aren't good enough,

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

tanka418

You are incredible; I prove you are wrong and you still say that I am...I guess MIT, CalTech, et. al. aren't good enough,

Mit i have friends at MIT what classes did you take did you take any computer science courses? or are we lying again? I did mention i work at a university didnt i oh silly me might have forgot to mention it. So what classes did you take and who?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

dragonridr
Mit i have friends at MIT what classes did you take did you take any computer science courses? or are we lying again? I did mention i work at a university didnt i oh silly me might have forgot to mention it. So what classes did you take and who?

Wow...seriously dude get some help. I did not say I wet to MIT or even Caltech...the link of the last paper I posted...you know the one that shows how to compute X/Y/Z coordinates from RA and Decl...something you said could not be done...That was authored by scientists from MIT and Caltech.

And, yes I understand that universities hire janitors as well. Now, seriously; your lies are becoming a bother. As I said, you do not display the level of understanding a Phd. would possess.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

tanka418

dragonridr

Wow...seriously dude get some help. I did not say I wet to MIT or even Caltech...the link of the last paper I posted...you know the one that shows how to compute X/Y/Z coordinates from RA and Decl...something you said could not be done...That was authored by scientists from MIT and Caltech.

And, yes I understand that universities hire janitors as well. Now, seriously; your lies are becoming a bother. As I said, you do not display the level of understanding a Phd. would possess.

They teach spatial coordinates in first year calculus you didnt understand this? No your getting flustered and think your making sense see what you did there was attempt to make an argument through authority to back up your claims. But attempted to do it in a misleading fashion. Shame on you go back to you website at least people that bother to look at it might actually believe you since you have all those fancy graphics from poser. See poser is not in any way shape of form anything other than paint with multiple backgrounds so we can make pretty 3d like drawings but isnt really a true 3d rendering but if you were a software analyst you would know this.

Oh and it is quite appropriate you would use something called poser pro did you write it im sure your going to tell us you did.

edit on 2/15/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Ok im going to apologize the wife said im being mean. She said i have a bad habit when someone is drowning i want to throw them an anchor. So lets start a different approach forget all the stuff about programming ect. Lets just look at this logically instead now even if fishs data matching it to zeta reticuli was accurate. Do you not see how she had to change the drawing to get it to match in the first place? Lets look again.

Bettys drawing

Fishs interpretation

Do you see how she moved the locations from the original map to match her interpretation?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

dragonridr

They teach spatial coordinates in first year calculus you didnt understand this?

Actually they teach this in high school trigonometry. Been that way for 50 years or more.

No your getting flustered and think your making sense see what you did there was attempt to make an argument through authority to back up your claims. But attempted to do it in a misleading fashion. Shame on you go back to you website at least people that bother to look at it might actually believe you since you have all those fancy graphics from poser. See poser is not in any way shape of form anything other than paint with multiple backgrounds so we can make pretty 3d like drawings but isnt really a true 3d rendering but if you were a software analyst you would know this.

Oh and it is quite appropriate you would use something called poser pro did you write it im sure your going to tell us you did.

Poser Pro is a mature, mid price, 3D character, and animation system published by "SmithMicro". Programs like it are used to render and animate things like the Gico Geckeo. There are even feature length movies that could have been made with Poser. It is a rather powerful 3D rendering and animation system, and when combined with decent 3D mesh editors like "True Space" or "Hexagon" (I have both) it can build virtually any 3D object. Poser also executes Python script, and has a reasonably good internal library for object creation and animation.

You might want do something I do frequently; Research...and the lack of it is another "tell" that you're not a Phd.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yes I can see that there are very small differences in the two drawings...However, neither of them are original, so we can not know what the originals "looked" like.

Additionally, there are not significant differences in the drawings; virtually any pattern matching algorithm would declare this a match.

You need to give it up, your lies don't work, and you are obviously grasping at straws, and they ain't nothin' there.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Well do to the fact i was told to play nice i wont comment on your hostility however anyone looking at those to maps see any obvious difference. Like for example that big circle sitting almost in the middle of the page that fish chose to ignore because theres nothing there. Or the triangle betty was so insistent was there well on fishes map it definitely looks different but i have figured out you have convinced yourself these are facts. Well sorry to say but they're not so what else do you have to show that aliens live in zeta reticuli?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Additionally, there are not significant differences in the drawings; virtually any pattern matching algorithm would declare this a match.

absolutely. especially if you draw the same pattern over top of something else. also, about half the dots are missing in the fish map. that's pretty significant.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian

absolutely. especially if you draw the same pattern over top of something else. also, about half the dots are missing in the fish map. that's pretty significant.

Yeah also betty when she first drew it out said that was there solar system fish later changed it to be stars figuring betty just didnt understand what she was looking at when the alien showed her the chart. Nice to spend that much time on something like she did when you think the person was wrong huh?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Why do you do this?...unless you are as inept as him, which I don't believe, you know he's totally clueless. To lead this poor guy on like that is cruel.

Do what? You don't believe I'm inept now? So for the last few weeks you destroyed my self esteem to the point where I was catatonic and soiling myself? And for what? for your own amusement?

Anyway, why are you using crap overpriced program like poser? Its for drawing animated cartoon characters. Visual Studio has everything you need for actual 3D rendering. You can code it out C# in a windows application or use WPF. I am kind of confused why you wouldn't use your skills and just code it out. Its pretty straight forward.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join