It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Haven't Been Visited? Examining Arguments Against ET Visitation.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

I can see by the quality of your retorts that you don't have much too add.

you have already been called on this one. give it up.

I made that claim? You show me where Tanka418 made that claim

anthraandromeda tanaka714- same person. and its on your web site silly.
edit on 12-2-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

dragonridr

Wow you really dont read i showed you both maps. you know what your showing your inability to comprehend and no matter what your going to be right i get it.Well as my dad used to say you cant argue with crazy so your on your own continue your delusion and ignore the real world. When you want to discuss this topic seriously let me know.

No actually you showed two reproductions of two old maps done with relatively modern, and inexpensive (probably free) software. The signature is all over both images.

And NO, I don't have a comprehension issue. IF you would like to provide some "real" evidence, as opposed to "engineered" evidence, I'd be happy to consider it. Also...ZR's gong to like this...using Bayesian inference; it is not too difficult to infer a match between the two images you posted, and the "original"(?) I posted. It is a bit more of a stretch to get to my interpretation, but, it should still be with plausible limits due to variations in viewing angle.

You do understand "how" my mage (map) was built, right? By using RA, Decl, and distance to plot X/Y/Z coordinates. Then inputting those coordinates to a 3D modeling and animation system. Then finally taking a 2D image of a "view". actually have a model of all stars within 100 ly...takes a while to render. I actually wrote an application to query NStars, retrieve the RA, decl, and parallax information. Compute the distance and subsequently 3D coordinates then out that as part of a "python" script for "Poser" so that I could input all that data accurately. The result is a sphere of something on the order of 2500+ bucky-balls.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian

I can see by the quality of your retorts that you don't have much too add.

you have already been called on this one. give it up.

Once One has responded to utter nonsense...there is typically little else One can say to the rabid little dog who won't let go.

I've been "called", just what pray tell does that mean. Called by "who" using "what?" Certainly not by you; One who never backs up his statements...One who has to resort to Ad Hominem when all else fails. Vicious little Pit-Bull with it's jaws locked onto something it cannot understand..."give it up", indeed...though I'm not the one who resorted to lies, slander, and, oh yeah my favorite; calling the ATS membership the "dregs of the interwebs".

Please man; you've been "called" and found " seriously wanting", take it like an intelligent Human. Acknowledge your defeat. And move on.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
anthraandromeda tanaka714- same person. and its on your web site silly.

Wow...I don't believe you even tried that!

Neither of those strings appear anywhere on any of my web properties...Period...and never have.

So, again...you fail to backup what you say.

"tanaka714" ??? Where the hell did you get that? Seriously, I'd like to know.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tanka714

your attempts to hurt my feelings have failed.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
reply to post by dragonridr

I think hes under the impression he posted something that isnt in the thread

ah, the benefit of the doubt. well, he can post it again if that's the case. My guess is there is nothing. He gave it away when he talked about the $5000+ SQL server that runs on windows server. I told him I work with this stuff for a living so I am not sure why he thought I wouldn't know anything about this. I work with SQL server all day every day and have access several servers and even have my own development server at home. Again he makes it seem like its some difficult thing that not just anyone can do. Its total BS. anyone can download it and install it for free. You have your choices of the trial version or the express version or you can go to your friendly IT guy and have them make a copy. I have a developers license and can get full versions of any Microsoft product. I cant even tell you how many different ways there are NOT to spend $5000 and most of them are legal. And I have no idea where he pulls the $5000 number from. here it is for $897.99 www.softwarejones.com...

So as far as I am concerned, he is making it up.

Yeah i figured that out i have a AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz 32 gigabytes of ram and 6 terabytes of storage for less than 1500 dollars.Im currently running ubuntu with windows operating under that love that virtual machines . I use this as my central media hub and can broadcast music or tv to other areas in the house. Thus the reason im running two graphics cards. And surprise i run an microsoft sql server for my work so i can access my lab computers so i already figured out hes blowing smoke.
edit on 2/12/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/12/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yeah i figured that out i have a AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz 32 gigabytes of ram and 6 terabytes of storage for less than 1500 dollars.Im currently running ubuntu with windows operating under that love that virtual machines . I use this as my central media hub and can broadcast music or tv to other areas in the house. Thus the reason im running two graphics cards. And surprise i run an microsoft sql server for my work so i already figured out hes blowing smoke.

That sounds like a decent rig. I need to learn Linux! Anyway, tanka816 got busted again.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
And I have no idea where he pulls the $5000 number from. here it is for $897.99 www.softwarejones.com...

No man, sorry...not the old one...this one toward the bottom of the page.

Although the flavor I usually use...for deployed databases is the enterprise version at around $11,000.

And which developer's license did you have? the $300 or the $400 ?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The database engine is Microsoft Sql Server 2008

your link is for the 2012 version. and why wont it work in the express version? How many different versions are there?

tanka418

Although the flavor I usually use...for deployed databases is the enterprise version at around $11,000.

like you are the only one who knows anything about this stuff. give it up. youre busted.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

tanka418

ZetaRediculian
And I have no idea where he pulls the $5000 number from. here it is for $897.99 www.softwarejones.com...

The 5000 dollars is for whats called a site license this allows the business to not have to pay for each copy they use you simply get a licence from microsoft and an installation code.We have one through my work it prevents us from paying 150.00 a copy and we probably have about 100 copies between work and employees.

Tell you what set up a copy of your data ill take a look on my computer i have plenty of room.If the database is any good might forward it to astronomy guys.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
My home computer runs Windows 98. Which version should I download?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

draknoir2

They let you try it for free for 90 days its a disk hog though.

www.microsoft.com...

And if you want a simple version but its free here you go.

www.microsoft.com...
edit on 2/13/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

dragonridr

draknoir2

They let you try it for free for 90 days its a disk hog though.

www.microsoft.com...

And if you want a simple version but its free here you go.

www.microsoft.com...

No problem. My 40G hard drive is only half full... and I've got the 16K RAM upgrade.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

And what format would you like the data in? csv, xls, sql, or bin?
Or perhaps a cxx, dat, exe, or txt format you pick.
Or perhaps you would like an ssis package?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

tanka418

like I said. back up your database. zip it up. put it on your web site. provide a link. whats the problem? stop playing games. it doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

No problem. My 40G hard drive is only half full... and I've got the 16K RAM upgrade.

you might be interested in the free invisible DOS version to run the invisible database

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian

tanka418

like I said. back up your database. zip it up. put it on your web site. provide a link. whats the problem? stop playing games. it doesn't exist.

Here

this is a "zipped" backup of the database...all objects.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

tanka418

ZetaRediculian

tanka418

Here

this is a "zipped" backup of the database...all objects.

This isnt even a database when i used microsoft to look you get garbage so lets try this what program did you use to create the backup? I will say this though from what i can tell there are only 2 coordinates for each item in 3 dimensional space we need 4 not two. This is why gleiss star maps cant be used to verify star location because they only work for viewing from earth But maybe when we sort out the mess you sent other coordinates will show up? This is why observatories started using the ESA data because they could make 3d models of star locations.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

dragonridr

This isnt even a database when i used microsoft to look you get garbage so lets try this what program did you use to create the backup? I will say this though from what i can tell there are only 2 coordinates for each item in 3 dimensional space we need 4 not two. This is why gleiss star maps cant be used to verify star location because they only work for viewing from earth But maybe when we sort out the mess you sent other coordinates will show up? This is why observatories started using the ESA data because they could make 3d models of star locations.

This is exactly what I knew would happen...I'm sorry man, but you asked for a back up of my SQL Server database...that is exactly what you got.

Can't view it...not surprised! You didn't know what you were talking about, so you didn't know what to ask for...so you got what you wanted. Surprise, surprise...it's not what you thought it was...

By the way...the Gliese catalog yields the exact same 3D coordinates as the HIP catalog...and you only need 3 coordinates for 3 dimensional space.

All yall (the three of ya...) have done is display your ignorance of these subjects for the world to see. and your constant circular arguments grow boring.

I've given acceptable data, well acceptable to anyone who is capable of critical, logical thinking, and isn't lying to themselves and the world. I've shown the math, the inference, the astronomical data, you have produced nothing but "talk". My data indicates exactly what I represent it does, and you have failed to indicate otherwise.

We done now.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

tanka418

dragonridr

This is exactly what I knew would happen...I'm sorry man, but you asked for a back up of my SQL Server database...that is exactly what you got.

Can't view it...not surprised! You didn't know what you were talking about, so you didn't know what to ask for...so you got what you wanted. Surprise, surprise...it's not what you thought it was...

By the way...the Gliese catalog yields the exact same 3D coordinates as the HIP catalog...and you only need 3 coordinates for 3 dimensional space.

All yall (the three of ya...) have done is display your ignorance of these subjects for the world to see. and your constant circular arguments grow boring.

I've given acceptable data, well acceptable to anyone who is capable of critical, logical thinking, and isn't lying to themselves and the world. I've shown the math, the inference, the astronomical data, you have produced nothing but "talk". My data indicates exactly what I represent it does, and you have failed to indicate otherwise.

We done now.

The backup wasnt done with sql server so what did you use? Simple question oh and you need 4 points to locate an object in 3 dimensional space they teach this in high school. 3 coordinates and an origination point. We can assume the origination point would be earth if your using star charts for telescopes. But see i already accounted for that what i appear to be looking at is inclination from earth which does not a 3d model make sorry my friend.See i already knew you wernt going off a 3d rendering of star systems before we even started because it requires a cad program and you didnt mention that did you? But apparently your clueless that indeed there are 3d renderings of star systems observatories use them. You know like the one who i told you looked at the map and figured it wasnts a match do to star positions. But of course you know more than him right.See it takes work to do that heres one for you to look at.

www.projectrho.com...

And also look carefully how big ESA datbase is!!

The Hipparcos satellite operated from 1989 to 1993 and its data was used to produce the Hipparcos Catalogue. The entire catalogue may be downloaded from the Strasbourg Astronomical Data Center website. Warning: it's over 50 MB (or 14MB gzip'ed). Thanks to Aaron Digulla for this info.

If you don't feel like downloading the entire thing, you can get a user-defined subset of the Hipparcos data customized to your very own specifications. Go here then hit the "Continue with selected catalog" button. Thanks to Joel H. Crook for this info.

When the catalogue was first released, it could be bought for about $100 on 6 CD-ROMs.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join