It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you vote as ET Ambassador?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
DBL POST pls excuse
edit on 1/26/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

JadeStar
Considering the great possibility that extraterrestrials could be wholly or partially machine based intelligence perhaps the thing you're typing on right now would be a better ambassador than any human being.

Google's cloud as ambassador for humanity?

Good. Because the E.t. would likely have sent robotic probes first (to judge how we react) before they land en masse.

We would need our A.I. operating at full capacity in order to calculate the possible outcomes. Our A.I. could also select our best human candidates.

Another scenario is when E.t. selects the ambassadors in the same way as was done in Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict.

Would it shock you to know there are artificial intelligence researchers who work at the SETI Institute on just this very scenario?

The inside joke among a lot of the AI people and transhuminists is that the moment the singularity happens is the moment we start communicating with aliens on a regular basis.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I would nominate Whitley Streiber, since he is already quite familiar with some of our alien friends.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd vote for Pope Francis and the Dalai Lama and Dan Akyroyd to be co-ambassadors.
They would be the only ones who could handle the job and who I'd actually trust not to have an agenda.

edit on 1/26/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Eonnn
I've heard that benevolent ET's will not appear until we declare an ambassador for ET contact, someone who can represent the interests of humanity as a whole. So who would you pick? please also give your reasons why.

I have to ask, why is it youre all so eager to pick a representive to speak you case??

What is it you want from this encounter?? If you want someone to decide your faith and future for you, you have no say in what happens anyway, only yourself can speak your own case, and you all seems to have different wishes for this encounter, so it should be logical to represent yourself. Look what happen when we decided to let goverments, kings and queens rule the world...
If you were approach by an alien, would you refer it to your spokesman then??

Why do you think we need to pick a leader to get contact? Maybe you should be able to speak your own case before someone wants to talk to you...?

When you approach the kings court, it is the King you come to see. Or would you waste all your time talking to peasants?

Just something to think about

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Eonnn
I've heard that benevolent ET's will not appear until we declare an ambassador for ET contact, someone who can represent the interests of humanity as a whole. So who would you pick? please also give your reasons why.

I have to ask, why is it youre all so eager to pick a representive to speak you case??

What is it you want from this encounter?? If you want someone to decide your faith and future for you, you have no say in what happens anyway, only yourself can speak your own case, and you all seems to have different wishes for this encounter, so it should be logical to represent yourself. Look what happen when we decided to let goverments, kings and queens rule the world...
If you were approach by an alien, would you refer it to your spokesman then??

Why do you think we need to pick a leader to get contact? Maybe you should be able to speak your own case before someone wants to talk to you...?

When you approach the kings court, it is the King you come to see. Or would you waste all your time talking to peasants?

Just something to think about

Peace

Because 7 billion babbling children, the vast majority of which would be uneducated and lack basic knowledge of the world they live on much less the galaxy beyond, would be hella annoying if I were an advanced ETI.

One, I could handle.
edit on 26-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Reply to jadestar

Now you talk about what you can handle if you where an ET. Should one person then give the ET a full summary of what 7 billion other people wants?

If I came down here from outer space, i might want to know how things works in this place, if i asked you, and you told me you just do what your told to do, i would talk to the guy telling you what to do. What could i learn from you?

This is about disclosure, that is not your decision to take if you lets other represent you, only you can do that.
edit on 26 1 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 26 1 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Willie Nelson. He's well-traveled and well-spoken, has studied the human condition from diverse settings---from flat broke to living well---has endured everything thrown at him and is still working at age 80 to take care of his "family." He has a wonderful sense of humor and the ability to empathize with people who have been "on the road" (so to speak) for long periods of time.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

FlyersFan
I'd vote for Pope Francis and the Dalai Lama and Dan Akyroyd to be co-ambassadors.
They would be the only ones who could handle the job and who I'd actually trust not to have an agenda.

edit on 1/26/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Can't agree with you on the pope .. he's head of an organized religion and as such ET
would lol him off the pitch!
Bawaa

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

OP How about who you choose and please explain your reasons why

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
Reply to jadestar

Now you talk about what you can handle if you where an ET. Should one person then give the ET a full summary of what 7 billion other people wants?

Yes. And there is already an established protocol in such a response to alien contact.

Under the Declaration of Principles Concerning Activities Following the Detection of Extraterrestrial Intelligence drawn up by the International Academy of Astronautics Permanent SETI Committee the following is mandated:

1. International consultations should be initiated to consider the question of sending communications to extraterrestrial civilizations.

2. Consultations on whether a message should be sent, and its content, should take place within the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space of the United Nations and within other governmental and non-governmental organizations, and should accommodate participation by qualified, interested groups that can contribute constructively to these consultations.

3. These consultations should be open to participation by all interested States and should be intended to lead to recommendations reflecting a consensus.

4. The United Nations General Assembly should consider making the decision on whether or not to send a message to extraterrestrial intelligence, and on what the content of that message should be, based on recommendations from the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space and from governmental and non-governmental organizations.

5. If a decision is made to send a message to extraterrestrial intelligence, it should be sent on behalf of all Humankind, rather than from individual States.

6. The content of such a message should reflect a careful concern for the broad interests and wellbeing of Humanity, and should be made available to the public in advance of transmission.

7. As the sending of a communication to extraterrestrial intelligence could lead to an exchange of communications separated by many years, consideration should be given to a long-term institutional framework for such communications.

8. No communication to extraterrestrial intelligence should be sent by any State until appropriate international consultations have taken place. States should not cooperate with attempts to communicate with extraterrestrial intelligence that do not conform to the principles of this Declaration.

9. In their deliberations on these questions, States participating in this Declaration and United Nations bodies should draw on the expertise of scientists, scholars, and other persons with relevant knowledge.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Well, they can do whatever they want. If they want to represent or be represented, so what. If aliens should, for some reason, wants to know about me, or need my help, or if i need their help, for that matter, I will be the only one they can deal with.

But that is my way of living, and it is your choise what you decide to believe in. Iam just offering you another perspective, do with it, as you please.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

nobody speaks for me so they have to come to me personally

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

diggindirt
Willie Nelson. He's well-traveled and well-spoken, has studied the human condition from diverse settings---from flat broke to living well---has endured everything thrown at him and is still working at age 80 to take care of his "family." He has a wonderful sense of humor and the ability to empathize with people who have been "on the road" (so to speak) for long periods of time.

He could be the Secretary of the Humanities

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ambassador or not, 99.5% chance it will be the military, probably US. Some may say that has already happened. Afterwards they will most likely move on to a nicer species.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

roadgravel
Ambassador or not, 99.5% chance it will be the military, probably US. Some may say that has already happened. Afterwards they will most likely move on to a nicer species.

When alien contact happens the whole world will know.

I'd hesitate to believe old self-serving Cold War myths with little to no evidence.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

JadeStar

roadgravel

When alien contact happens the whole world will know.

I'd hesitate to believe old self-serving Cold War myths with little to no evidence.

I wouldn't say that is necessarily true. We don't know what the ET mindset may be.

Edit: who controls the most advanced monitoring and communication network.
edit on 1/26/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Me, though for more selfish reasons. I just want to lay my eyes on an out of this world being, to be close to one and feel the energy they give off. I do not really know that I would be best for the job but I would never pass it up.

If not me than Tenzin Gyatso (14th Dalai Lama) because no one that I can think of would represent peace, humbleness, a sense of welcomness like he would.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

O.k. I said Johnny Knoxville. The reason I said this is simple and two fold.

1. We would instantly know a great number of things about our new friends based on the first seconds of him meeting them. If say they met and one of them kicked him in the balls...We would instantly know that they have a great sense of humor, and that they have been watching us for at least a few years.

2. He can take a hell of a beating and still move fast while hurt. Thus if the meeting went to hell he could at least make it back to us (given where the meeting was) to report on what happened and anything he was able to see.

Its more of a comedy reply, but it does make a sort of sick sense. LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

We don't know what the ET mindset may be.

That's what it comes down to.

You know the phrase "we get the government we deserve"?
What if it was "we get the E.t. we deserve"?

Wow. I just blew my own mind. Thank you Canadian whiskey!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join