It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you vote as ET Ambassador?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

The way things are now... I will be representing myself

Woah now that is the best idea I have seen.

Problems start when you let others decide your faith for you

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Although not widely publicised, there is actually someone officially sanctioned by the UN to be an "ET Ambassador" if required.
This person is Mazlan Othman, a female Malaysian Astrophysicist and Director of the UN Office for Outer Space Affairs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Although not necessarily the most charismatic of professions; Astronauts and Astrophysicist are probably the most likely people to act in any official capacity...

I think a good, intelligent comedian would be a good choice as humour speaks many truths but it would be unlikely.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Gotta be Will Smith!! Or my 5 year old daughter! Probably communicate better!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Me! me! please let it be me! The first and last thing I would tell them is to get me off this crazy rock!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What makes you think a benevolent group of Extra Terrestrials would want anything to do with the likes of us.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My first thought, jokingly, was Oprah (but maybe not such a bad selection?) I like the response someone gave of the Dalai Lama.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I would like to see somebody intelligent, creative, altruistic, humorous, a person who is neither too old or too young, has done a lot of traveling, has more than one language, has children, has hair, owns only one car, has a varied diet, gives a damn about people, gives a damn about the environment, is well versed in history, the arts, science and the diversity of human cultures. Somebody you can have a beer with, somebody you can play a game of chess with and somebody who can cook a nice curry.....

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

It's already in the UN's mandate to act as ambassadors with extreterrestial civilisations - more specifically it's in the mandate of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa).

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 26-1-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Richard Dolan

He's got a history-based background and has already done a lot of research into the phenomena; he also believes in full disclosure (no secrets) which would mean there wouldn't be any deal-making behind the backs of the majority.

The case also needs to be made that a full-on vegan would be a better choice than a meat eater. I think that any culture advanced enough to search the stars will be long past the point of eating meat for sustenance, and will not want to interact with creatures who do. The term 'distasteful' is putting it mildly. We don't want to give the impression of being barbarians right off the bat, even if they already know this about us.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Someone who could represent humanity's interest as a whole? Right....like we have someone we can talk into being responsible for the Human Race and Planet Earth. No one would want that job. Religious leaders? No thanks. Government leaders? Not a chance. Average Jane or Joe? Sure why not, however, the ambassador need not be a scientist or scholar who is engrained in our understandings. Religion is not proper discussion material, not from an adult perspective. We should send our hopes and future...a child or children. Not age specific, but maybe a child that has survived cancer or disease. A fighter, but not of wars. A lover of life, who cherishes every moment. A dreamer, hopeful, yet aware, but not bound to false history. A soul not spoiled by self interest and recognition, rather hungry to learn and make friends, not enemies.

So much perspective that our world's youth offer, what's really important. That would be our wisest choice, IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Eonnn
I've heard that benevolent ET's will not appear until we declare an ambassador for ET contact, someone who can represent the interests of humanity as a whole. So who would you pick? please also give your reasons why.

There already is such a person....

She is from Malaysia and she is an astrophysicist who is fluent in a bunch of different languages on Earth. I'd say she is more qualified than any politician which uninformed people would vote in...

By the way, a fictionalized version of her is in this ATS hypothetical news story:

ATS: Astronomers Detect First 'Clear Signs of Civilization' Beyond Earth - How will you react?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

signalfire
Richard Dolan

He's got a history-based background and has already done a lot of research into the phenomena; he also believes in full disclosure (no secrets) which would mean there wouldn't be any deal-making behind the backs of the majority.

While he is a historian he is too invested in the UFOs as Extraterrestrial visitation idea to be considered seriously in the event of real contact. He could be part of the ambassador's staff but probably would not be the best choice for ambassador.

The case also needs to be made that a full-on vegan would be a better choice than a meat eater. I think that any culture advanced enough to search the stars will be long past the point of eating meat for sustenance, and will not want to interact with creatures who do. The term 'distasteful' is putting it mildly. We don't want to give the impression of being barbarians right off the bat, even if they already know this about us.

Sounds like a personal opinion not based on science.

Nothing offers the same protein density as meat.

You might be interested in this:

Advanced aliens could just as well be meat eaters which instead of killing animals grow it artificially in a lab or synthesize it from basic chemicals.

We're already doing the first thing I mentioned:

Also, perhaps more likely is such aliens would be post-biological (ie: self aware machines) and as such wouldn't care if we ate meat or not.

edit on 26-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

seabhac-rua
I would like to see somebody intelligent, creative, altruistic, humorous, a person who is neither too old or too young, has done a lot of traveling, has more than one language, has children, has hair, owns only one car, has a varied diet, gives a damn about people, gives a damn about the environment, is well versed in history, the arts, science and the diversity of human cultures. Somebody you can have a beer with, somebody you can play a game of chess with and somebody who can cook a nice curry.....

Damn, does it count if I don't have a car?

I mean, my curry will overtake my small flaw!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Considering the great possibility that extraterrestrials could be wholly or partially machine based intelligence perhaps the thing you're typing on right now would be a better ambassador than any human being.

Google's cloud as ambassador for humanity?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
No no no, you have got it all wrong! There can be only one person who is qualified for the job....William Shatner!!!!
After all he has experience in dealing with Vulcans, Klingons and Romulans. And he likes horses and whales. And is an environmentalist. Perfect candidate for the job!

He can always get them good deals on hotel rooms during their visits as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Me. But it would be a very bad idea for humanity...

add: a representative of humanity should at the very least be open minded, free of any preconceived ideas, false beliefs (all in fact), selfish expectations, false notions, able to think out of the box objectively, free of mind, uncontrolled by any blocks or injected falsity... basically the ambassador shouldnt be human at all because all are unfit for the job, all.

reply to post by zechloringer

Ditto. But shhh it is not the good answer they want to hear..

edit on 26-1-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

JadeStar
Considering the great possibility that extraterrestrials could be wholly or partially machine based intelligence perhaps the thing you're typing on right now would be a better ambassador than any human being.

Google's cloud as ambassador for humanity?

Good. Because the E.t. would likely have sent robotic probes first (to judge how we react) before they land en masse.

We would need our A.I. operating at full capacity in order to calculate the possible outcomes. Our A.I. could also select our best human candidates.

Another scenario is when E.t. selects the ambassadors in the same way as was done in Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Don't we already have problems with small groups of people speaking for everyone like that's what everyone wants or how they feel when maybe it's not? I'd hesitate to choose any ONE person to speak on humanities (7 billion people) behalf - I'd like to speak for me and me alone IMO/

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hopefully someone with telepathy (that has been upgraded with help of some of the secret Telepathic-PK tech of EA*RTH) that can communicate with those who do not speak with human like vocal cords & sounds.

Or is it considered all speak vocally?

Someone who can also manage their mental control as to not be easily manipulated or over-rid consciously by fear, if not just overwhelmed by their communication processes. Who ever the "Roof" Inhabitant ET ambassador is has to be strong minded. Roof because those who live "in" the house of EA*RTH may already have theirs...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 1/26/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
DBL POST pls excuse

edit on 1/26/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join