It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm the god of my universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I was looking at this Simpson's intro and it made me think of something.

Click here if it doesn't show up www.youtube.com...

This is an old theory, that says our universe might be part of another greater being, but what if it is part of myself? That means the universe we ( or I ) know is just a creation inside my brain in which I am both the unaware god and the main character. Everyone of you is just a creation of my mind and you are not really existing. It is only I who really exists, and when I die everything ceases to exists. And since I am dead nobody of you can really prove to me that you are still existing inside my universe.

Sounds perfect to me, it's more or less like living inside a videogame where everything is just being created around me when I discover it. Example: you never existed until I discovered this forum, and at that time my universe also created who you have been until now. You are no less than a non-playable character that is being generated on the spot, if we speak in gaming jargon. The same can happen with my family, they started existing when I was born.

I would be a god with no real supernatural power, I can't create anything inside my universe, it's just being generated inside (and outside) as I live. The reality I see around me is just a projection of what is inside my mind.

Maybe someone else is doing the same in another reality, every parallel universe is a personal universe of another individual, but not you since you are just entities of my life.

How can you prove to me that you really exist and you are not a creation of my mind? Or better, how can you prove to me that you are not a fictional character of my story?

I hope you unterstand what I mean, I can't really explain this easily in english.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tyltyl

I can prove you exist to me. I look up in the sky and I see you.
Stands to reason it works both ways yes?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reminds me of sucker punch, but more so doctor who.

but in all honesty, i've thought about it a lot. it would be interesting to prove whether or not this is the only material plane of existence.

I think it is, but subjective reality varies drastically, especially depending on the size and relevance of the subject.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
For your next thread, I think you should contemplate your bellybutton. That can get deep.

edit on 26-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

tyltyl
How can you prove to me that you really exist and you are not a creation of my mind? Or better, how can you prove to me that you are not a fictional character of my story?

Why should I try?

You're only a creation in my mind.

Seriously, sooner or later in the real world the more you grow and experience you'll eventually come across a situation or person that you'll have zero control over what it/they will do or say either to you or how it may drastically affects your life in a way that you may not want to happen.

Life on life's terms?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yeah, that's all well and good, except according to me, you are the one who does not exist.

So who is correct? Maybe life is like a online multiplayer game? We all exist in the game.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
we don't need who you think you are...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Interesting response Slayer.. My mother is a wiccan.. anyways what about our friends the Ukranias

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mockingmay spelling but my point stands.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mockingmay

Care to elaborate?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
God is a puzzle.
We are the pieces.

Hopefully that helps.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well, I can only perceive my existence, not yours. I can only see your presence, nothing more.
You can say the same to me, of course, but it only works one way, mine or yours.

When I will die, everything just disappears, so do you. How do I know you will keep existing?

Of course I was teasing by saying I'm god, but it's true in some way

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As I said I have no control over anything, it is just being created as I live. Life is being shaped around my experiences and experience is being shaped around me. Sometimes I live incredible coincidences without explanations, maybe because facts are being coded inside me in some complex way.

Maybe it's true that the universe is a simulation, but it's being simulated in my brain. And only mine

I don't really believe this, it just popped to my mind, and I was just looking to disprove it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

tyltyl
reply to post by SLAYER69

As I said I have no control over anything, it is just being created as I live. Life is being shaped around my experiences and experience is being shaped around me. Sometimes I live incredible coincidences without explanations, maybe because facts are being coded inside me in some complex way.

Maybe it's true that the universe is a simulation, but it's being simulated in my brain. And only mine

I don't really believe this, it just popped to my mind, and I was just looking to disprove it.

It is good to work on ideas like this. You have to know why you like or don't like something.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tyltyl

It cannot be proved that this is not just God dreaming himself - which is basically what you are saying. The dream can be experienced but no separate dreamer will ever be found. The seer and seen are one.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tyltyl

Too bad we cant just live in our own heads....

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaineously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
theopendoorway.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by tyltyl

Too bad we cant just live in our own heads....

The suffering is what is imagined - life right here and right now is ok - it is what is imagined (living in the head) that is scary.
What is - which is right here and right now always, is where the peace is. Humans though have ideas about other people, other times and other places - it is in that where all the drama and horror live - it is fear. There is an underlying fear when one projects into other because it fragments the whole.

Here and now where everything is fine one projects time and space in which all sorts of things can appear to happen - but it is all in the head which is here now, in a peaceful place.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
For those that can't see the video in the OP

Makes life easier

Cody

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I watched this documentary last night - it is an extra on the film 'Inception' - it is fascinating.
At the end the question is asked - how can you prove that this is not a dream?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join