It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I hate my dreams.

I have a lot of reasons for it.

1) Since I was paralyzed 7 years ago, I have dream of walking. It is a great feeling in my dreams, But when I realize I am walking and smashed backward and wake up. Upon waking, the first thing I do is try to move my legs. They never move. When this happens, it makes for a long and depressing.

2) The other dreams that bother me is when I have dreams of dead relatives. When I see them it is never good. I'll either end up in the hospital or a family member dies. My mother says to get used to it because she has the same gift(if you can call it that). She joke with me and tells me to say to go bother my mom the next time they show up in my dreams.

3) The fighting dream. I think we have all have had this dream, where you are always fighting. IT is either against a person or a demon or something. But in this dream I am usually a superhero. I almost never win and It is always slowmo and feels like I have no power behind my punches(until someone who wakes me, then they have to dodge my punch).

Am I the only one who hates their dreams out there.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

oh my, i have sleep paralysis sometimes as well, and it is so very painful, i hate it.

as for the dead relatives, i have those too, but i appreciate meeting them. but i'm weird that way in that i enjoy the feeling of sadness. Ever since I learned how to get chills up the spine, I love to cry thinking of the dead while getting chills up the spine feeling them walk over my grave.

as for the fighting ones, i know exactly what you're talking about with the slo-mo. I don't have them often, but it doesn't bother me too much.

I have a lot of dreams about losing teeth...sometimes i lose them repeatedly after they've grown over and over again.

I feel pain in my dreams occasionally too, different from sleep paralysis.

But, I've had wonderful, and powerful dreams as well. So I can't complain.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I can't say I know how you feel about the first two but whenever I have a fight dream it is exactly as you described it. It feels like your punching through jello!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
First, I hate the reality that you're paralyzed…..

Second, yes, I hate my dreams, too. Won't go into them, don't believe they are a product of my mind, or subconscious or dream state, naturally, either. Rather think they're "piped in" via other sources,but I absolutely abhor most of them, and even when I'm asleep and "in" them, get this niggly feeling even while sleeping, can I please get out of here and what you're doing to me right now, kind of thing……

With what my waking life is, trying to escape my thoughts on a second by second basis most days, there is no escape in sleep, either…..but I'm not paralyzed in reality, only by this emotional box I've so described here, paralyzing nonetheless, regardless of my physical ability…..
Kinda speaks to the relativity of all states, though I am not trying to seem insensitive to your situation physically, I hope you don't take it that way.

peace.
Tetra50

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I am very sorry for your current predicament. I would love to be able to give you a way to feel better about this. Having dreams is not a bad thing to me. The dreams you have are giving you information for a reason. When you are in a dream state there is an inability to construct time in a normal way because there is no time...everything is the same where time is concerned. Past, present and future have no existence in the normal waking way when you are dreaming.

Try to understand the message you are receiving instead of being hateful and afraid. If you didn't hate them so much, there would be a way for you to utilize the information rather than be so eager to discard.

Keep your chin up and try to stay positive.

Soul

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
woops, misunderstood the first dream. and damn man, that's pretty harsh. at first i was like, walking? why? i walk all the time in my dreams, idk the problem with that. although sometimes, i go through portals.

then i realized what i had overlooked. I have a curse of speeding through things sometimes and miss key points.
only advice i could give is to try and be content with what you have, it seems you resent your past. it's understandable that you do, but it's possible to see a disability as an advantage to things you'd otherwise be missing out on.

i would not be who i am today if it weren't for my suffering.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Somehow I get the feeling that all three are somehow tied together. Exactly how? I have now idea, Just a suspicion. I don't hate my dreams just that some are disturbing. For me they usually reflect something going on in myself deep down that's unresolved. The older I get the more I try to pay more attention to them.

I used to hate my 'Flying' dreams, sure I'd take off and fly and have lots of fun but then the landing would scare the crap out of me. It always seemed I was coming in too fast or the area I was trying to land was too crowded.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Best wishes.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i rarely ever fly in my dreams, but when i do its always fun, and i've never had a problem with landing. like, i guess i just have enough control over my travels that speed isn't an issue i have to worry about. slowing down wouldn't be a problem.
fact is though, i teleport more than fly, or rather materialize else where.. that is when i'm not walking, swimming, or driving, of course.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I don't think I've ever had those kinds of dreams.

I have had dreams where I'm flying, or rather hovering, along with a lot of geographical fluctuation (i.e. I step out of my house and I'm in a completely different place than my front lawn). I occasionally dream of great disasters. The most vivid, and perhaps frightening dream experience I had was when I entered the mind of another person and was met with great resistance from various voices (They were screaming at me, telling me to turn away, that I was unwelcome, etc), and eventually lifted up, pulled though the wall, and sucked into the void by a very dark presence; it was all harsh noise and static. It's a bit difficult to articulate. I couldn't fall back asleep after that one. It didn't feel at all like a dream.

Most of the time, though, I don't remember my dreams.

I think your dreams are symbolic, at least the walking and fighting ones. Clearly you are fighting, or rather, resisting, the great villain that is your paralysis, and this becomes manifest in your dreams.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Maybe you can change your Sleep Architecture without
a pharmaceutical Product?

For this you need to analyse your Sleep Pattern first.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding crazy i have mildy prophetic dreams. It is usually some insignifigant matter for example dreaming about being somewhere youve never been and noticing a clock only to find myself experiencing deja vu like feelings when i find myself finding the very same clock somewhere im new to and it reads the same time as in my dreams. Ive had dreams of break ups within weeks of said break up and those suck. The worst dreams have to be either being back with exes or sometimes i dream of being investigated for crimes i cant remember committing. When i do dream of people in my life who have passed i do have a good cry but im also greatful to have another chance to visit. So yes, i hate most of my dreams and the ones i dont end to quickly or seem to happen right before the alarm goes off

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
P.s. i hated how slow you run in dreams so ive developed a technique in my dreams of instead of running i literally sit on a skateboard type device and use my hands to pull myself along. It sounds stupid but it works. Dream yourself a dolly and get away from that boogie man

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When I was a child I started a phase of my life where I had severe continual anxiety. It was a long never ending panic attack. I vividly remember watching the movie Shrek because it started short before that. Every moment was a tormenting reality. I never went to see a doctor or psychologist, I just kept it to myself, I was severely anxious and had an irrational fear of death every waking moment of every day.

Then one night I decided I had had enough, so I told myself I was going to relax. I didn't dream that night, but when I woke up I no longer had the anxiety, it was gone. Not only the irrational fears, but rational fears, they all ceased to exist. It came with a price though, when I went to sleep that night, my dreams were filled with horrific nightmarish scenes. My dreams had become dark, dingy, post apocalyptic looking. There is always someone after me, trying to kill me. A dangerous situation, or a nightmarish creature trying to eat me. It was a good trade off in my opinion. I would rather be terrified in every sleeping moment rather than every waking moment.

I am currently attempting to learn how to have controlled lucid dreams, through techniques such as reality checks, dream journal, and MILD (Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream). Basically you think about the last dream you had right before you go to sleep, and try to continue it, and control it. The purpose of the reality checks is so that when your dreaming, you eventually do a reality check, and realize your dreaming. I have not yet had any success, but I will keep trying. Perhaps you should look into it, I don't know if it is legitimate because I have no personal experience, but I figure it is worth a try.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I too feel like that my dreams are pumped into my head. There are the dreams once in a while that are just the run of the mill dreams where i can identify what happens in them. Both others are forced on me. I have had dreams of relatives I've never met and died before I was born.

top topics

join