It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas seperate from yourself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

That which is appearing in your consciousness is all there is. At this point it is these words, the sounds that you can hear - there is nothing other than what is actually appearing as consciousness.
The idea that there is more is also appearing as consciousness. But ideas of more are just that - ideas.

respectfully, I disagree. An "appearance" is visual, can we stipulate that? Primarily, at least. Perhaps it is a conglommeration of different sensory perceptions that comprise appearance, but I think of it primarily as visual. Perhaps I need to rethink that. But, regardless, what you say there….nothing "appears in my consciousness." My consciousness is a result of my living and thinking, breathing and experiencing. It is an accompaniment to my being, personhood, personality, discreet unity of me…what comprises me…not you or someone else, just me. My conscious thought, being, awareness, etc. Yours is separate from mine, different, experiences, perceives differently. You are sitting where you are sitting in the room you are in, and are conscious of these things, and this conscious awareness is different from mine, because we are not the same individuals, sitting in the same place or inhabiting the same bodies. See what I'm saying? There are obvious fine distinctions and a wide range of consciousness in this way….
edit on 26-1-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

tetra50

That which is appearing in your consciousness is all there is. At this point it is these words, the sounds that you can hear - there is nothing other than what is actually appearing as consciousness.
The idea that there is more is also appearing as consciousness. But ideas of more are just that - ideas.

respectfully, I disagree. An "appearance" is visual, can we stipulate that? Primarily, at least. Perhaps it is a conglommeration of different sensory perceptions that comprise appearance, but I think of it primarily as visual. Perhaps I need to rethink that. But, regardless, what you say there….nothing "appears in my consciousness." My consciousness is a result of my living and thinking, breathing and experiencing. It is an accompaniment to my being, personhood, personality, discreet unity of me…what comprises me…not you or someone else, just me. My conscious thought, being, awareness, etc. Yours is separate from mine, different, experiences, perceives differently. You are sitting where you are sitting in the room you are in, and are conscious of these things, and this conscious awareness is different from mine, because we are not the same individuals, sitting in the same place or inhabiting the same bodies. See what I'm saying? There are obvious fine distinctions and a wide range of consciousness in this way….
edit on 26-1-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

Awareness is awareness - there are not different awarenesses. All arises in awareness.
You think there is something outside (your) awareness - you have a thought appearing that says there is something 'outside' but that thought appears where? In awareness.
You have an idea that there is more than what you are.
That idea separates you.

That idea which separates you is what makes life uncomfortable - it is just an idea - there is nothing separate at all.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaineously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
theopendoorway.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Where then, do my ideas arise from, if not my consciousness…and therefore, my consciousness is informed separately from yours, is it not? so,my consciousness and awareness is different from yours; ergo, we have different ideas which may or may not separate us…..that's not really the issue here to me. The issue is that our conscious awareness is particular to our own personal, discreet being in our environment or wherever, but linked to us specifically, and separately….

but we can argue this ad nauseum. I do not think we will find a meeting of consciousness now awareness about or of it…..
T50

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

tetra50

Where then, do my ideas arise from, if not my consciousness…and therefore, my consciousness is informed separately from yours, is it not? so,my consciousness and awareness is different from yours; ergo, we have different ideas which may or may not separate us…..that's not really the issue here to me. The issue is that our conscious awareness is particular to our own personal, discreet being in our environment or wherever, but linked to us specifically, and separately….

but we can argue this ad nauseum. I do not think we will find a meeting of consciousness now awareness about or of it…..
T50

You imagine there is something separate to you.
You keep insisting that there is a me' and a you' that are separate but you only know what is arising in you as you.
You assume there is other and then that is fear - as soon as there is more than one there is conflict, suffering happens.

All ideas arise from source - there is only source.
It is like you are the one medium (ocean) with waves appearing - the waves are made of nothing but the ocean.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
'You' and 'me' are the ideas which separate the whole.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

[it]Phage:Strangeness in the sense used is a quantum property. A mathematical concept. It goes along with other similar terms; spin charm topness bottomness. Any attempt to relate the terms directly to English usage is an exercise in futility.
In talking about quantum mechanics. Its all strange. All the time.[/it]

There are no things - just tendencies.
Realize the mystery - it is all strange.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

tetra50

T50

You imagine there is something separate to you.
You keep insisting that there is a me' and a you' that are separate but you only know what is arising in you as you.
You assume there is other and then that is fear - as soon as there is more than one there is conflict.

All ideas arise from source - there is only source.
It is like you are the one medium (ocean) with waves appearing - the waves are made of nothing but the ocean.

Oh no, my realization of others as discreet individuals with their own experiences, pain, joy, suffering, and achievements is not FEAR AT ALL, but respect for each who have lived and what they have lived, learned, achieved, and suffered. It grieves me this concept seems so lost upon so many. In my opinion, it is a quite destructive way of thinking, and has removed all humanity from the abilities of empathy, sympathy and the realization of their fellow man and woman as living beings worthy of respect simply because they are alive,and traverse this very difficult terrain of life in their own way, itself a triumph daily……

This is not FEAR at all. Quite the opposite, actually. It is a celebration of the multitude of life, hopefully, and nothing less.
A source may give us life, but each of us experience it in our own way. This diversity is and should be what makes life many and multi faceted, and worth more than "one." And no, I do not agree, either, that all ideas arise from that source. If that source loved life enough to give it to us, make it possible, than that same source did not see us as possessions which were only extensions of it/him/her, for that truly is what you are describing.

More than one does not necessarily mean conflict. How simplistic we have become if that is the only way people see it now. God help us for that, if it is so. The true essence of mankind at its very best is inclusiveness both despite and because of differences and diversity. If we lose that, we may as well be automatism. But I think this is the best thinking science has to offer these days, in the endeavor to make man the creator, to recreate himself, in the light of transhumanism. I do not object to many things about transhumanism, or augmented humanity, but augmenting in this spirit will only result in even more control and folly.
What you write is pure anathema to me, and I find it quite horrifying, actually.

Nevertheless, be well and take care of yourself. If you think we must all have the same consciousness and mind, by extension, in order for there not to be conflict, and this type of thinking prevails, we are doomed, for sure…...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

It is your confusing double speak that gives you the illusion of any control. That is what keeping God to yourself is, trying to own the upper hand because it makes you feel safe....and big lol

Itisnowagain

Awareness is awareness - there are not different awarenesses. All arises in awareness.

How can something arise as you like to put it when there are not "different" awareness. You are forgetting the first rule of dimensions and besides do you think a child has as much awareness as yourself? Wait do not answer that

You think there is something outside (your) awareness - you have a thought appearing that says there is something 'outside' but that thought appears where? In awareness.
You have an idea that there is more than what you are.
That idea separates you.

At some point people have no doubts. There is no more disbeliefs they are real and hold true value to God.
You should spend some time in the 'void' and tell me if you like being alone and "all there is"

That idea which separates you is what makes life uncomfortable - it is just an idea - there is nothing separate at all.

Are so sure you should be giving people advice when your house is not so clean?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

tetra50
If that source loved life enough to give it to us, make it possible, than that same source did not see us as possessions which were only extensions of it/him/her, for that truly is what you are describing.

The source does not have to love life - it is apparent life, aliveness itself - there is just source which is love.
I am not sure where 'possession' comes into it. The one is one - it has no thing to own. There is nothing separate to aliveness - it is one.
Yet you seem to think you are separate to the whole.

More than one does not necessarily mean conflict.[
Can there be any conflict when there is only one? Conflict can only happen when there is more than one. Conflict or peace?

How simplistic we have become if that is the only way people see it now. God help us for that, if it is so.
God will not help 'us' - God when realized will lift the separate 'me' away and there will be just the glory of god.

The true essence of mankind at its very best is inclusiveness both despite and because of differences and diversity. If we lose that, we may as well be automatism.
Those imaginary differences (just ideas) cause all the warring (conflict).

But I think this is the best thinking science has to offer these days, in the endeavor to make man the creator, to recreate himself, in the light of transhumanism.
Please explain what you mean by 'transhumanism'.

What I write is totally horrifying for the separate me - the individual will not like what I write.
In fact didn't Jesus say that men would hate him - they hated what he said so much they crucified him.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Bluesma
Because others depend upon these elements to distinguish me, I do think that some stability and integrity is needed, for their sake. That I not be completely changeable from one minute to the next, that I project a fairly stable idea of who I am, and allow only progressive changes that they can follow. If others can gain a sense of who you are, and feel able to predict or anticipate your responses, it gives them a better sense of security and power over their own experience, that encourages effective relations and exchanges.

So in other words you allow 'the idea that there is others' to shape you.
You project that 'there are others who expect you to be a certain way' and then from that those ideas you have put in illusionary others you shape yourself.

No.
If we are to refer to the even higher level of awareness, in which there is no separation at all, then we can end all further discussion. There is no one to speak to another one. The words "you" and "other" have no meaning, there is no other for you to answer, or to interpret their posts.

I observe that experience of separation and relation is facilitated and made more pleasurable through the use of choice in thought.

In the same way I will eat slowly a chocolate mousse, in order to fully savor the experience of
It, likewise, I will control the flow of thought in order to savor the experience of self- other separation and relation.

It is irrelevant to the experience whether I made the mousse, or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

How can something arise as you like to put it when there are not "different" awareness.

Are you aware of these words in front of you? Then these words are appearing in awareness. Can you find more than the awareness that is here presently?

You should spend some time in the 'void' and tell me if you like being alone and "all there is"

Once the void is found is there anyone in it? The void is void of all things.

Are so sure you should be giving people advice when your house is not so clean?

Is the house dirty? Could you elaborate?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

So you realize that you are shaping yourself on your own projections? You know there is no other really - you are just playing the game.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Well my hosts house is a complete mess. He is a lazy slob
. I do not mind though it is refreshing not to be plagued with insecurities.
You are persistent I will give you that.
Oh and the void you know so much about....there is something in it. Awareness without dimensions. Go figure what that is like.
edit on 26-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

Well my hosts house is a complete mess. He is a lazy slob
. I do not mind though it is refreshing not to be plagued with insecurities.
You are persistent I will give you that.

You have a host? So who's house would be unclean?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Like I said God cant be in anyone for too long unless everyone has reached the trinity. It is too much power/corruption for any person I think. I really don't know but it comes and goes and I doo not feel empty when it goes...maybe a little "dumb" lol

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience
Oh and the void you know so much about....there is something in it. Awareness without dimensions. Go figure what that is like.

How can anything be known about the void? It is nothing.
The point is nothing cannot be 'figured'.

It is all the 'figuring' and 'labelling' - that appear to separate that which is whole.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

TheDualityExperience

Well I have been there so I can only tell you that it was like I was real but no light, no sound and definitely no movement.
It was peaceful. As for figuring it out there is not much else to the equation to work with.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

Itisnowagain

TheDualityExperience

Well I have been there so I can only tell you that it was like I was real but no light, no sound and definitely no movement.
It was peaceful. As for figuring it out there is not much else to the equation to work with.

No things appearing is peaceful. When you are but nothing else is, there is peace.
When one has found oneself alone even when the light comes on and there is movement, one knows what one really is - the stable presence on/ as which all apparent movement appears.

Just because there is an appearance (the moving light) one does not have to be tossed about by it.

You might think you have been 'there' but you are the void - you are never anything but the void - nothing is.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

What can I say you have all the answers you need.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join