It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas seperate from yourself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

TheDualityExperience

Itisnowagain

TheDualityExperience
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yeah but you do not want to delude yourself into thinking you can catch you tail.
This is all there is but what this is can be so much more, do you see that?

What more is there than what is?

*flame thrower set to high*
lol just kidding.
How about we start with radiation problem plaguing the planet.
Then maybe we can make sure everyone has shelter food and water.
Have you not observed any of this yourself?

What can you do?
The problem - the suffering that you feel - is that you imagine that you can control what appears as the movie. Can you control the apparent world?
You worry about the world because you think you are dependant on the world but you are not really. When you find out what you are you will not worry about the world.

One must seek the sufferer to end all the suffering.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I will give you the best advice I have ever given anyone.
Do not try and keep God for yourself to use against others. It is as if you wont let me onto your 'home world' and fail to see that you are speaking directly with the presence.
Change every word you wrote to me from "you" to "I" and that is what you are telling yourself.
You are not in the "collective dream" alone and you will have to accept that at some point. Just like I did.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I know, itsnowagain, you aren't speaking to me, but I've been watching this debate, and thinking all the while about onequestion's original OP title, "do ideas separate you from yourself?" And then here you are, asking, can you control the world…..I won't even get into the part about "how the movie appears," which piqued my interest immediately on a different level, but here goes anyway, as to that really important question you asked, no matter whom you asked it of….can you control the world, no matter the suffering you feel….

Obviously, no, none of us can control the world, unless God is among us this early morning, which he/she may in fact, be, but then there's that thing about God supposedly having given us free will and all that….going off tangent, here.

No, none of us can control the world, though there are many, sundry, varied efforts to do so. And in my humble opinion, the more humanity has attempted to control the world, and/or anything in it or of it, the more off kilter things have become. We introduce insects to deal with problems, and end up having to introduce other insects to control those other insects we shouldn't have been introducing to other environments anyway. Just an example of how you get from point A to point Q without really knowing what happened with all those other letter points representing who knows what…..

Control, in and of itself, seems to be the whole problem.
Going back to the idea of the OP, this seems to be the information age, where control of ideas and sculpting of them, even having them, all ways of controlling ideas, is the name of the game these days, or perhaps it's been that way forever, now. all irony intended, just to make us all think about it, and it does, in fact, all this thinking, separate us from ourselves and each other……the endeavor to think, over think, when we are so very afraid of feeling, but it's what we were built for…..

Anyone ever spend much time thinking about that? How underrated feeling seems to be, base,even, uninformed…..unintellectual, relying upon "feeling." But I say, we need far more of that, to temper all our ideas, and bring us back to ourselves, and keep us relating and linked with one another…..
Just my 50 cent at a very late hour, indeed, when I probably shouldn't be thinking, much less writing what I'm thinking. LOL

But I have to say this:

This I find fantastically intriguing, and well worth thinking about…...
T50
edit on 26-1-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
double post, sorry. shouldn't even have posted the first one…..
edit on 26-1-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Bluesma
Because others depend upon these elements to distinguish me, I do think that some stability and integrity is needed, for their sake. That I not be completely changeable from one minute to the next, that I project a fairly stable idea of who I am, and allow only progressive changes that they can follow. If others can gain a sense of who you are, and feel able to predict or anticipate your responses, it gives them a better sense of security and power over their own experience, that encourages effective relations and exchanges.

So in other words you allow 'the idea that there is others' to shape you.
You project that 'there are others who expect you to be a certain way' and then from that those ideas you have put in illusionary others you shape yourself.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

Itisnowagain

TheDualityExperience

Itisnowagain

TheDualityExperience

Yeah but you do not want to delude yourself into thinking you can catch you tail.
This is all there is but what this is can be so much more, do you see that?

What more is there than what is?

*flame thrower set to high*
lol just kidding.
How about we start with radiation problem plaguing the planet.
Then maybe we can make sure everyone has shelter food and water.
Have you not observed any of this yourself?

What can you do?
The problem - the suffering that you feel - is that you imagine that you can control what appears as the movie. Can you control the apparent world?
You worry about the world because you think you are dependant on the world but you are not really. When you find out what you are you will not worry about the world.

I will give you the best advice I have ever given anyone.
Do not try and keep God for yourself to use against others. It is as if you wont let me onto your 'home world' and fail to see that you are speaking directly with the presence.
Change every word you wrote to me from "you" to "I" and that is what you are telling yourself.
You are not in the "collective dream" alone and you will have to accept that at some point. Just like I did.

God is not personal. God is all there is but there may be an idea that there is other than what is.
There is nothing separate to God so I cannot keep God for myself as there is no separate me. The appearance which is appearing is not separate to me. The seer and seen are one.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I really am going to have a hard time explaining it to you. So I will keep it simple.
God is like looking forwards and backwards at the same time. When that eye is open and the brain has been able to reconcile the data in some way without death, then you will understand it better. It cannot be anthropomorphized at all and make sense to someone with limitations on awareness.

It is your confusing double speak that gives you the illusion of any control. That is what keeping God to yourself is, trying to own the upper hand because it makes you feel safe....and big lol
edit on 26-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

I really am going to have a hard time explaining it to you. So I will keep it simple.
God is like looking forwards and backwards at the same time. When that eye is open and the brain has been able to reconcile the data in some way without death, then you will understand it better. It cannot be anthropomorphized at all and make sense to someone with limitations on awareness.

There is awareness (the seer) and there is that which awareness is aware of (the seen).
It is never not this.
The seer and seen are one - there is nothing other than that.
I am that.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience
It is your confusing double speak that gives you the illusion of any control. That is what keeping God to yourself is, trying to own the upper hand because it makes you feel safe....and big lol

I have no illusion that I have any control.
All is arising unconditionally.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The idea which separates the one into many is the idea of 'me'. As soon as there appears to be a 'me' separate to all that is then a whole imaginary world of separate things is born.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

And yet you feel the need to respond in defense every time?
How is your heart feeling? Got some adrenaline pumping have we

I apologize I was just playing. Stirring you up and I should know better.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

tetra50
But I have to say this:

This I find fantastically intriguing, and well worth thinking about…...
T50

Who suffers? If one is looking at the world and one is paining - who is it that is really suffering?
Everyone is seeking to end the suffering 'out there' - by telling others they are doing it wrong - that the world must change for suffering to end.
One can realize that it is them that is suffering and that their suffering is making more suffering. When ones own suffering ends one will be free of suffering and one will be love instead of fear.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

It is you who sees defence. I see no fight - I am just expressing.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

TheDualityExperience

It is you who sees defence. I see no fight - I am just expressing.

This is true.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

tetra50
Control, in and of itself, seems to be the whole problem.

The idea of control arises from the idea of a separate me.
The separate me knows it is finite (has a beginning and end) so it fears. It tries to make everything 'out there' safe. It is impossible to make that which is constantly changing (the movie) stable.
It is possible however to find that which is stable and ever present.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by tridentblue

Is this just a 'Human' reality?

I know how that may sound but stay with me on this one. Do other living creatures have ideas? If so, do they have consciousness? We humans seem to have the ability to leap beyond our own personal experiences and be creative mostly when the need arises but also sometimes simply for fun.

Thinking outside the box has more often than not carried the day.

Honestly, that's just as deep a question as the OP asks.

I don't know. I've sensed, subjectively, aspects of human like consciousness in pet dogs when I was young, but it could always be my own mind. Its a very hard thing to test, whether or not an animal connects to timeless abstract ideas like "triangle", or whether they live exclusively in a more immediate world of instincts and senses.
edit on 26-1-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

tridentblue
I don't know. I've sensed, subjectively, aspects of human like consciousness in pet dogs when I was young, but it could always be my own mind. Its a very hard thing to test, whether or not an animal connects to timeless abstract ideas like "triangle".

I would say there is just consciousness - not a human one and a animal one.
When you were a child you recognized that you and the dog are the same consciousness.

All eyes are seeing from the same place.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

so, you are believer in we are all the same consciousness, then?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

tetra50

There is only consciousness.
In/as wakefulness appearances appear.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

tetra50

In wakefulness appearances appear.

appearances? of consciousness? I am asking about individual consciousness….you don't believe that consciousness has any individualism as a characteristic, it's all the same….consciousness?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

tetra50

Itisnowagain

tetra50

In wakefulness appearances appear.

appearances? of consciousness? I am asking about individual consciousness….you don't believe that consciousness has any individualism as a characteristic, it's all the same….consciousness?

That which is appearing in your consciousness is all there is. At this point it is these words, the sounds that you can hear - there is nothing other than what is actually appearing as consciousness.
The idea that there is more is also appearing as consciousness. But ideas of more are just that - ideas.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join