It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas seperate from yourself

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

onequestion
I just came into some questions after a comment in another thread so i figured id start a thread about the thoughts i was having about the comments.

So i just described to someone how i view people and ideas as seperate entities and that started me down a rabbit hole.

Heres some questions, if we are not our ideas, then what are ideas and where do they come from, and how do we have them?

I almost want to say that ideas are more biomechanical and serve as a byproduct of an algorithm processing in our brains from the geometry of experience. Then us, as the entity can choose to observe and experience these ideas.

Does it serve a purpose to have this perspective? What about using that as a practice during meditation to create distance between your ego and yourself and as a way to isolate real self more from the identity self?

Thoughts....

I view people and perspectives of people differently. I think they are different. It's like when your girlfriend goes into the kitchen and you think she's going to come out with a cookie and she comes out with a soda. Your idea was false. It goes back to maintaining an epidemiological train of thoughts and an awareness of if a thought is a belief or a fact.

I like to view ideas as possibilities. I figure anything is possible and think of the probability of a belief being fact. It is easy when you believe in infinite parallel dimensions and there being an interconnected network of synchronicity between them forming and structuring something greater. A finite view of infinity.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Jarring
i have dealt with enough powerful intelligence to find this one playful

Yeah but it gets old that is why it is obsolete in my "eye" lol
It could fix the entire planets problems tomorrow if it knew what a problem was to be reconciled but since it cannot even follow it's own commands or mine for that matter, then I see no further use beating that drum

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience

Jarring

It could fix the entire planets problems tomorrow if it knew what a problem was to be reconciled but since it cannot even follow it's own commands or mine for that matter, then I see no further use beating that drum

maybe if you gave it the answer to a problem?

blast, i've lost so much karma in this thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

onequestion
Heres some questions, if we are not our ideas, then what are ideas and where do they come from, and how do we have them?

I think human thoughts, and the thinking process, are made by the soul / eternal mind, in conjunction with the spirit / manifested will.

I think brain activity is the imaging / wording / embodying of the unseen thoughts. Which is why we feel all weird when we are unable to express our ideas... the brain is unable to image what we know we are thinking. This also explains brain damage and such -- it is not that brain damage results in an inability to think, it is that brain damage results in an inability to image...

Are we our ideas?... Yes and no. What is seen, of our bodies, is the image of ours, and our forefathers, ideas. However, the force which makes up the images is partially the ideas / thoughts themselves, but they can not be seen, until re-imaged.

e.g. I do not think you can physically read someone else's mind, but you should be able to read their minds, spiritually. What you could likely do, however, is physically read the images of their thoughts as the brain is imaging / imagining. That is, it takes a mind to read a mind, but an image being processed could be seen.

Further, by the time the brain creates an image to attach to the thought, the image is then in the past, when compared to the mind. That is, the brain is lagging behind the thought making process or has a latency issue (lag) when compared to thought production. That is, the spirit is the future and the physical is the past, in respect to one another.

What else... hmmm.

Oh, the spiritual aspect of reality is unseen. There is no image for it, so to express anything spiritual, it must be imaged.

And, I think, the id, ego, and super ego are apart of you / your mind / your self, but they are not all of your mind, as the sensations coming from the rest of your body, are also a part of your mind. Those sensations are your body's thoughts and ideas which have been interpreted by the id, ego, and super ego as "only" feelings / senses.

And I think that's pretty much everything in regards to this topic.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Jarring

TheDualityExperience

Jarring

maybe if you gave it the answer to a problem?

blast, i've lost so much karma in this thread.

Good idea.
Itsnowagain, everything is the all, it is every single particle/wave in existence.
If parts of the all die/cease to exists then the all is a reflection.
Why do you want the all to cease for me as it will cease for you too? You can go in a different direction if you come towards me or go away from me.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i am many things that i affect beyond my being.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
How do you like dem apples "will"

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

onequestion

It seems to me that we are never fully aware of the processes that are going on in our body, even just in individual parts. We are not always aware of our lungs breathing, but they do. We are not always aware of the entirety of the process of how our bodies exchange energy, but it does. In the same way, I dont think we are always aware of the totality of the processes of our brain, but its always "thinking."

I almost want to say that ideas are more biomechanical and serve as a byproduct of an algorithm processing in our brains from the geometry of experience. Then us, as the entity can choose to observe and experience these ideas.

Given the apparent mathematical nature of what we have to explore, it might be a good guess that structures that reside within nature follow similar boundaries and guidelines. I am not sure we are always able to choose, as many ideas might just make a subconscious network that only comes into our perspective once it passes a certain limit.

Does it serve a purpose to have this perspective? What about using that as a practice during meditation to create distance between your ego and yourself and as a way to isolate real self more from the identity self?

If the "identity self" is an actual part of the "real self," then by isolating it, we would be walling off a part of our "real self." Meaning, we could never experience the totality of our "real self," because we have separated a part from the whole intentionally.

I think the issue comes in when we view our perspective as All That Is. And, this hubris can come from either the "real self" or the "identity self."

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
as primitive of an idea it is, influence plays a crucial role in this thread.
i g2g though, been fun.
happy hunting.

edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Hahah you trickster you
or me, wait what.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

we may never know

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

It looks like the intelligence has gone.
Aww it was just starting to get fun...in some twisted (helix) sort of way. I love word play

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Does it serve a purpose to have this perspective? What about using that as a practice during meditation to create distance between your ego and yourself and as a way to isolate real self more from the identity self

You hit the nail on the head. That's the purpose of meditation, to create a gap between your self and your identification with thought.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Perhaps it is just a coincidence, perhaps not...but in another thread, yesterday, I asked of another poster, "What are you? Are you your thoughts? Are you your body? Are you your possessions?"

In asking that question, I was leading to the concept that we have an innate need, or desire, to project forth into the world, our being.

To express our thoughts, in a way others can receive them- (speaking, writing, gestures...)
Or to share our physical presence, through contact, through physical affection, sex....
Or to share our possessions- gifts of objects, money...

This is sometimes stirred by a sense of "fulfillment" in that area, in which we have judged what we have as good, our cup runneth over....The person with knowledge feels the urge to share that knowledge, the person with much material wealth feels the need to give some to others, the person overflowing with emotion feels the urge to share that.

There is usually a sense of relief that follows such projection, and I find it is in the loss of self, which opens the boundries- now WE are feeling this, WE are experiencing this, WE are thinking this. Self is no longer alone. One is no longer "full of their self".

I do not think we need to have a conscious self image of ourself as our psychological state, our physical/emotional state, or our material state, for this to happen. I suspect it might be an automatic system of body and mind made to bring us closer to balance when some part of us has become heavier than the rest, and we have started to identify too closely with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ok, so this thread grew 10 pages while i was sleeping and at work. Give me some time to catch up.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience
Why do you want the all to cease for me as it will cease for you too?

When did I say I want the all to cease (in any sense)?
edit on 27-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I cant remember you ever saying or expressing such things. I stand corrected

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Autism is a fascinating intelligence. Very difficult to understand for people until they establish some emotional link

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience
Autism is a fascinating intelligence. Very difficult to understand for people until they establish some emotional link

So you are autistic?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I think so, it would explain many things. I have never been tested by anyone but I establish a connection easy between children, plants, animals and more recently insects.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join